Editing help

A place for help and advice on your writing, and finding beta readers and editors.

Editing help

Postby GraceFairway6 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:18 am

Hey everyone,

As some of you may know, I'm employed as a journalist for a fairly big paper. As part of my training, I underwent rigorous sub-editing training, meaning I'm both fairly quick at turning around work and great at picking up on errors/polishing grammar issues/that kind of thing.

This is not me blowing my own horn, but rather an invitation - if anyone wants to take advantage of my skillset, either to get their work grammar-checked or to have a critical eye cast over it, please feel free to drop me a line. I enjoy contributing to this community as a writer, but I feel I could contribute like this too!
GraceFairway6
Transformation Grand Master

Re: Editing help

Postby DrZaaijer » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:18 pm

Of course, you could help Grace out who has lots to do by first, using grammarly to edit it a bit. Use the free version to get the 'big' errors out of the way. I don't know how much of an improvement the paid version is. Then have your computer convert text to voice and listen to it to catch other errors. Some errors really stand out when you listen to it outloud. Then send it to Grace, don't want to overwork the poor fellow ;-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like my work and want to see more of it go to http://cowdance.com/Main%20Menu.php. From there you can support me on Patreon. My name on Patreon is itsmetoo.
DrZaaijer

Re: Editing help

Postby GraceFairway6 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:34 pm

itsme wrote:Of course, you could help Grace out who has lots to do by first, using grammarly to edit it a bit. Use the free version to get the 'big' errors out of the way. I don't know how much of an improvement the paid version is. Then have your computer convert text to voice and listen to it to catch other errors. Some errors really stand out when you listen to it outloud. Then send it to Grace, don't want to overwork the poor fellow ;-)

Bless you, you're too kind, worrying about me!
GraceFairway6

Return to Writing Advice