How fast do you like your transformations?

Want to talk about transformation of any sort? Not covered by one of the subforums ("looking for", linkage, etc.) detailed below? Here's your place to do it!

How fast do you like your transformations?

Postby GraceFairway6 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been writing a pair of stories on this forum, and I'm conscious that in one of them, the transformation (by design) has been moving at what feels like an almost glacial pace. As I've been writing, the speed of the change has caused me some reflection more generally.

My writing has seen both slow and fast transformations, and I've favourite stories in both camps. I thought it'd be interesting to float the question to everyone - how fast do you like the transformations in stories (if you have a preference at all)?
GraceFairway6
Transformation Grand Master

Re: How fast do you like your transformations?

Postby Sculpted » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:10 pm

Slow and emotionally charged. More emphasis on the reaction than the physical change.
Sculpted
Transformation Master

Postby obviousagent » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:58 pm

It's funny, everyone complains about the poof transformation in mainstream media yet some find the long drawn out transformations in stories an annoyance and want the results yesterday.
I personally enjoy the word play around the transformation, the physical side, the emotional side and the reactionary aspect are the parts, that for me make the whole.
To just go and have a paragraph saying "and she got big tits and arse damn she be a bimbo" doesn't do it for me, I want the description of physical change, emotional upheaval and in the case of a bimbo the loss of intelligence and the inability to grasp why it's happening.
However like you I am a massive fan of the clothing change aspect as well, either reality or magically based.
obviousagent

Postby Sculpted » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:39 am

I guess that brings up another point. Never been a fan of reality changes in which the target of unaware of the change. Just seems like writing two different people, which doesn't seem fun.
Sculpted
Transformation Master

Postby obviousagent » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:53 pm

Ah, to qualify or quantify my use of reality based I mean it's based in reality and realism. They change clothing because they want to; on the flip side they can also change clothes because they are forced to.
Also as happens in stories....(ooooo plot device) there can be a magical aspect of clothing change.
This goes hand in hand with transforming an individual or group.
Though I have to agree with you Sculpted changing a worlds reality just to justify changing one person....... NO, not my favourite thing.
However removing someone from a reality and inserting them, transformed into another?
obviousagent

Postby swiggy3000 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:33 pm

Depends on the story/idea. Like a bimbo story probably should have a good pace even if you're going for a more realistic feel. Weight is tricky as you need time jumps but you shouldn't get so bogged down that I have 5 scenes of eating with minimal gain.

I think you can do it slow if you have a lot going on, a lot of strong characters and and interesting idea.

But if you're idea is a magic mirror, wish, science gone wrong. Then it's better to just go and get it over with. If you don't have an overarching story idea I'd just get along with the transformation.
swiggy3000

Postby DrZaaijer » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:51 pm

Grace: regarding rapid change or slow change. It depends upon the story. If the story is about the transformation, then it should be a slow transformation. If the story is about the aftermath, than a relatively quick transformation is called for.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like my work and want to see more of it go to http://cowdance.com/Main%20Menu.php. From there you can support me on Patreon. My name on Patreon is itsmetoo.
DrZaaijer
Transformation Grand Master

Return to General Transformation Talk