Tusk 2

Aware of a transformative element in a television show, film/movie, book, comic book, or some other non-Internet source? Let us know about it here!

Tusk 2

Postby SaoirseCook » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:58 pm

"Kevin Smith confirmed he's developing a sequel to Tusk on a recent episode of his Fatman Beyond podcast (via Geek Tyrant). According to Smith, the story will follow Justin Long's character re-entering human society after surgery, 'only [he'll] ever see himself one way' and begin to imagine the people around him as other 'Chimera things.'

"Ever since the heart attack I've been living on borrowed time. 2024 will mark the 10-year anniversary of Tusk...We could just leave it there and move on, but you know, I've got more story left I'd like to tell; there's a reason we left him in the zoo at the end. I always knew as we were making the movie I was just like, 'I'll totally do this again.' I thought we'd have the late great Michael Parks with us longer, but sadly he's not, but I know we got Justin.

"Early on I was always like, well, eventually, they'll take him out of that walrus skin and try to rehabilitate him. And just like Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight Returns, he'll only ever see himself one way. Then he becomes the Howard Howe [character], Justin Long becomes the crazy guy who's trying to turn people into something else; Chimera things, half-human and half-whatever. Last time it was walrus, this time...you'll see."
SaoirseCook
Transformation Master

Return to Transformation in Media