Selling advice?

A place for help and advice on your writing, and finding beta readers and editors.

Selling advice?

Postby Sculpted » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:30 pm

Hey all, I'm about 30 pages into a new story, and I'm considering releasing it a bit at a time (until the whole thing is posted for free) , with a link to give $5 or so to just download the whole story at the top of each post..

Anyone have experience with doing something like this? Not sure how to go about even accepting payment for a random story, or if anyone would even bother given that it'll all be eventually posted for free.
Sculpted
Transformation Master

Re: Selling advice?

Postby Adobeman10 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:26 am

I will PayPal you $25 now for whatever you got
Your last story was brilliant and I’ve re read it several times

But as far as your question- patreon seems to be the best way of doing stories in those tiers
Adobeman10
Transformation Grand Master

Postby Adobeman10 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:30 am

Ok fine $50
If I can get that other story that was posted previously too prior to taken down a size
Adobeman10

Postby SaoirseCook » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:26 pm

This concept is something that Amazon is experimenting with, if you wanted to try that: https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/
SaoirseCook
Transformation Master

Postby Sculpted » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:21 pm

Adobeman10 wrote:Ok fine $50
If I can get that other story that was posted previously too prior to taken down a size

Ha, you don't even know what it's about! Also it's far from done. But thank you!

And that other story is lost to the ether. It was absolute garbage though, and I have some ideas on how to take the concept from it and make something...not garbage.
Sculpted
Transformation Master

Postby Sculpted » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:23 pm

alexa wrote:This concept is something that Amazon is experimenting with, if you wanted to try that: https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/

That is definitely a neat concept, thanks for showing me that!
Sculpted
Transformation Master

Postby Adobeman10 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:41 pm

What would someone pay for an unread shakespere? You are in the same category... I know whatever it is will be amazing and im underbidding.

Sculpted wrote:
Adobeman10 wrote:Ok fine $50

Ha, you don't even know what it's about! Also it's far from done. But thank you!

And that other story is lost to the ether. It was absolute garbage though, and I have some ideas on how to take the concept from it and make something...not garbage.
Adobeman10

Return to Writing Advice