Ethical Question

Want to talk about transformation of any sort? Not covered by one of the subforums ("looking for", linkage, etc.) detailed below? Here's your place to do it!

Ethical Question

Postby Matt L. » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:17 am

I have an ethical question;

A while back I wrote Kid A concerning a sequel to his Fat Camp story I wanted to write.
I informed him I wasn’t going to use any of his characters or the name of the fat camp but wanted to include the shirt of shame with the Porky Pig emblem.

I never heard back from Kid A, and he’s been off radar for a long while.

I do plan to acknowledge Kid A, and my story - Return to Fat Camp - will be much shorter than his epic, though obviously the story will involve weight gain and humiliation.

It’s up to you loyal readers, should I borrow the shirt of shame for my story or not?

Cheers, Matt
Matt L.
Transformation Grand Master

Re: Ethical Question

Postby Sen Oluguat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:48 pm

There's a level of homage that you don't need to ask for permission for.

It is 100% legal and, I would argue, moral for me to write a sci fi story about the great fight between the laser sword-wielding Space Paladins and the evil Inquisitors, with the backdrop of an evil galactic empire with planet-destroying super weapons.

If you never hear back from Kid A, I think it would be okay to include a "shirt of shame", but maybe instead of Porky Pig you can use another fictional Pop Culture pig like Miss Piggy or Piglet?
Sen Oluguat

Postby jsmt » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:41 am

I agree, this should have a green light.

A few years ago I stumbled into a story that used the "library" concept that I mentioned in "Katy's Library", and even the character was named Katy. The author expressed that the plot device was inspired on my story and the name was a wink. I feel flattered more than anything. That was mainly because the story was completely different, but the fact that the author mentioned me also helpped.
jsmt
Transformation Master

Postby Matt L. » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:30 am

Thanks men! Really appreciate.

Cheers, Matt
Matt L.

Postby B$fan » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:11 am

We’re publishing free smut fiction here. As long as you’re not taking things from Kid A’s story and selling it as you’re own, you could write a direct sequel to his story and it would still be fan fiction.
BS Writer

If you enjoy my stories and want more, you can join my Patreon http://www.patreon.com/BSWriter and you can also feel free to DM me about commissions! Or email me at bswriterstories@gmail.com
B$fan
Transformation Master

Postby Matt L. » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:31 pm

Well said, thanks!
Matt L.

Postby Phil0110 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:10 pm

Have you written the story? Did you include this shirt?
Phil0110

Return to General Transformation Talk