On writing

Want to talk about transformation of any sort? Not covered by one of the subforums ("looking for", linkage, etc.) detailed below? Here's your place to do it!

Re: On writing

Postby DrZaaijer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:01 pm

I don't know, it seems knowing where you are going before you start seems pretty obvious ;-) But do your best. Maybe you should stop writing the story you are on and decide how you want it to end before continuing. The fact is...or at least should be...if you change the end, you probably have to change the middle and to match it. :mrgreen:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like my work and want to see more of it go to http://cowdance.com/Main%20Menu.php. From there you can support me on Patreon. My name on Patreon is itsmetoo.
DrZaaijer
Transformation Grand Master

Postby Sculpted » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:10 pm

Oh, I think I'm finally at a point where me current ending is pretty concrete. It just took 200 pages!
Sculpted
Transformation Master

Postby DrZaaijer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:22 pm

200 pages is a book ;-) I don't think I want to write anything that long. But I stand by my statement, it probably would have been easier to write those 200 pages if you knew what was going to happen in the end. I do suggest you go back and make sure everything is consistent.

Maybe that is why you want to rewrite everything? Because you were/are all over the place because you didn't know where you were going.
If you like my work and want to see more of it go to http://cowdance.com/Main%20Menu.php. From there you can support me on Patreon. My name on Patreon is itsmetoo.
DrZaaijer

Postby Sculpted » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:59 pm

I've actually been really careful about consistency (and I think a few of the people reading it would be quick to call it out). It hasn't really been all over the place, I've just been trying to follow natural interactions and reactions of characters as things develop which alters the planned flow.

I dunno, it's a sloppy method, but as a hobby it's been fun.
Sculpted
Transformation Master

Postby animefan78 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:49 am

itsme wrote:200 pages is a book ;-) I don't think I want to write anything that long. But I stand by my statement, it probably would have been easier to write those 200 pages if you knew what was going to happen in the end. I do suggest you go back and make sure everything is consistent.

Maybe that is why you want to rewrite everything? Because you were/are all over the place because you didn't know where you were going.

That is my big problem is that I have a loose road map to an ending and I just sort of write and go where the story takes me. So I end up writing a lot more than originally intended.
animefan78

Postby Daguss » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:09 am

Hey, though i'd pop in here with my own thoughts on writing. I love the writing and reviewing, at least when they are my own ideas. I used to just hammer out thoughts and go back and work them in to sometimes completely different parts of a story, with no care to a length, never any large amount, a fantasy epic i have been working on my WHOLE life only tops at 50-some odd pages, but i havnt touched it in years. Mainly due to my shift of focus to the tf world. But when i discovered i could write Erotica, it created a thrill like no other. Yes, i do try to think about other non tf/erotica themes, and Im trying to pice those together too. But im finding a series of issues that makes it difficult to bring any of these to life.

How do you understand a different type of character's personality while creating them without influencing their conscious decisions with your ideas? Ok, that sounds weird. Im trying to run a character who is vastly different from myself, for example. How do I come to understand the aspects of the personality i am trying to create?

For example, the way a hetero cis female perceives a man she finds attractive? What aspects make the man attractive to her? Why?

Or what an exhibitionist experiences when they show off, under what circumstances?

What about fashion and make-up does my character enjoy, and how to sound like i know what im talking about when i write it?

How to build a realistic normal interaction between two people in a setting and context that have no personal experience with? Like what do two professional lady attorneys talk about at a diner on lunch break?
Daguss
Transformation Master

Postby DrZaaijer » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:39 pm

What about fashion and make-up does my character enjoy, and how to sound like i know what im talking about when i write it?

How to build a realistic normal interaction between two people in a setting and context that have no personal experience with? Like what do two professional lady attorneys talk about at a diner on lunch break?

How do you find out? You do research What do I know what women wear, I go to a department store or something website and see what outfits they choose and list it. How do people talk, you see what is posted on youtube. Look around and you copy real conversations that people publish that aren't any our business ;-)
DrZaaijer

Previous

Return to General Transformation Talk