Be Excellent to Each Other

Want to talk about transformation of any sort? Not covered by one of the subforums ("looking for", linkage, etc.) detailed below? Here's your place to do it!

Be Excellent to Each Other

Postby TheoW » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:12 pm

Of late there have been a few two many posts on the forum that have verged into insults and attacks on the author. That really isn't acceptable, and please report such posts that you might run into. It's fine not to like something, not everything is for everyone, and that's fine. But if you don't like, just don't read it.

We're all a bit weird here, that's why we are part of this place. So lets just try to keep it being at least decedent between each other. There is no call for insults or personal attacks.
Pretends to be the boss around here.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Re: Be Excellent to Each Other

Postby FannieGillespie » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:58 pm

I think it's really ironic that The Changing Mirror is close to the LAST public media site I visit, with any regularity, to have trouble with trolls. Everywhere else on the 'web has them, and sadly now this place does too.

If (or rather, when) I get something else written it'll be here :)
FannieGillespie

Postby E.Hyde » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:24 pm

Party on, dudes!

Just wondering, Theo, was the title to this post a pull from that movie or, if you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, just a coincidence? If it was, awesome use of the reference my friend. If not, it just goes to show great minds think alike.
E.Hyde

Postby TheoW » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:05 pm

It's very much a reference to Bill and Ted. I grew up with that movie. :)
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby FannieGillespie » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:59 pm

I know this is just bragging, and bragging I'm in no position to prove, but I know the fellow who was head of visual effects for "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure," and even worked with him a few times. His name is Mauro Maressa, but that proves nothing because I could look that up in the IMDb.

Splendid fellow, GREAT artist, but he'd be rather shocked to see any input of mine on this site :P
FannieGillespie

Postby catfish » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:41 pm

FannieGillespie wrote:I know this is just bragging, and bragging I'm in no position to prove, but I know the fellow who was head of visual effects for "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure," and even worked with him a few times. His name is Mauro Maressa, but that proves nothing because I could look that up in the IMDb.

Cool, I rewatched it recently (in advance of the third film coming out), and the effects still hold up pretty well, especially considering it was from 1989.
catfish
Transformation Master

Postby TheoW » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:55 am

If you feel a comment is out of line, attacking someone, or simply taking things to far, you need to report the post and I will be able to review what was said and by who. As for the possibility of sock puppets, there are some users who use VPNs, anonymizes, onion endpoints or other such tools, and while that does only hide the source IP, it doesn't hide the fact that they are doing that or other information about their machine. I have no plans to block them as I know a few users who use them due to national firewalls. If you believe someone is a sock-puppet, once again report the post and I can look into it.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby Adobeman10 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:14 am

Sorry, I saw it, that one posts really seemed to go nuts after I stopped watching it-I noticed that you locked it because I didnt think it would descend there.
Adobeman10
Transformation Grand Master

Postby Toxis » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:39 pm

I was disappointed when Adobeman10's extension of Car Seat was pulled down based on such a flimsy reason. I check in here often but my writing focus has moved away from transformation to romance. I post on that literotica forum. Lit authors have developed a protocol that determines when a story left unfinished or begging a sequel can be extended. The story has to have been untouched by the author for at least two years. The person wanting to extend has to make several attempts to contact the author to seek permission, and be unsuccessful. If the author appears and says no, there story has not been abandoned and we await the author coming back with more.

Applying that to Daring Diane, it's been years since she touched Car Seat or her blogsite. She's been dormant on Amazon. Adobeman10 has tried without success to reach her. So his story should be posted. If DD appears and asks it be pulled down, so be it. In the meantime Car Seat should ride again.

Thanks for all you do.

Toxis
Toxis

Postby Mront » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:35 pm

Toxis wrote:Applying that to Daring Diane, it's been years since she touched Car Seat or her blogsite. She's been dormant on Amazon. Adobeman10 has tried without success to reach her.

The blog is inactive, but Daring Diane is active on GoodReads. Someone inquired as to the status of this story 6 months ago,

Is there any chance of "car seat" being completed? It has been a long time I know.I do like the cheerleader books,but prefer the AR topic. I see that on Amazon that your " gold digger demoted" novel is a top seller,so maybe a continuation and maybe reedit of all the chapters of carseat would be successful.

I have considered this. The market appeal for the AR books is significantly less than other books. I loved the story and will complete it, but I am unclear if it will be as an Amazon story.
Thanks for reading,
DD
Mront

Next

Return to General Transformation Talk