Writers losing interest due to a lack of feedback?

Want to talk about transformation of any sort? Not covered by one of the subforums ("looking for", linkage, etc.) detailed below? Here's your place to do it!

Re: Writers losing interest due to a lack of feedback?

Postby animefan78 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:00 am

Tigerharpy wrote:
It's worth mentioning this, but as much as people insist they write for their personal enjoyment. And as much as this may be true. Complete radio silence in regards to a story isn't just a lack of external validation, it's a sort of invalidation. It's the equivalent of a room full of people simply starring at you silently after giving a public speech. That's just the way human psychology works.

I couldn't agree more with this. The invalidation is a hard hurdle to overcome and work past.
animefan78
Transformation Master

Postby setebos » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:06 am

I decided that if I liked a story enough to read it to the end I should at the very least leave a comment, I don't know how important it might be to a specific author but if one author gets something positive from an extra supportive comment I'll be happy
setebos

Postby Tigerharpy » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:23 pm

setebos wrote:I decided that if I liked a story enough to read it to the end I should at the very least leave a comment, I don't know how important it might be to a specific author but if one author gets something positive from an extra supportive comment I'll be happy

For some writers its not just validation but participation and feedback. The sense of shared excitement for an idea. Depending on the writer, getting ideas or thoughts about a scene from readers can be a real shot in the arm. Even if the advice isn't uniformly positive.

I personally don't necessarily use many of the thoughts and idea that readers give me directly. But they do go into the churnch and probably have come out elsewhere in some little way.
Tigerharpy

Previous

Return to General Transformation Talk