Interactive Stories discussion

Want to talk about transformation of any sort? Not covered by one of the subforums ("looking for", linkage, etc.) detailed below? Here's your place to do it!

Re: Interactive Stories discussion

Postby wfx » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:49 pm

Sorry for the thread necromancy here but I wasn't sure where to make a new thread.

Just checking in on WW with a Flip (https://thechangingmirror.com/intstory/ ... toryID=361) that I've been kind of unilaterally adding to. I know it's 1.) something I pulled from another addventure 2.) very navel-gazing and probably will eventually collapse upon its own weight and 3.) not for everyone certainly. I wonder if I should have used the stories forum now since it hasn't been very interactive as of yet, but I've been thinking things through one "city" or chapter at time, with interludes in mind. I think I've been aiming a bit more for quantity and regularity than great quality as I really don't have much time to write every day (so I notice typos or me getting ahead of myself with certain words at times). So it's probably not up to snuff in the stories but it does feel good as an addventure.

I think I'll do a few more posts over the next week or so and then take a hiatus of a week or two as I deal with some RL stuff. Next city is fairly likely going to be San Francisco and the Titans and I do like to keep things at least around college age or older for the characters but that's fine as I can use the comics as a basis. And just my style is never getting too graphic with any sort of detail, focusing on the transformation and the new personalities and eventually, if I (and anyone else who wants to jump in) get far enough, to the different generals going after one another and just whole ranges of different identities for each of the characters. Anyway, I hope people are enjoying it, but I am more or less doing it to get out some creative steam for this story that's existed for years and years on the internet but never got too far.

If there's any character anyone wants to see though, just let me know. You can shoot me a PM or respond here or what not. Thanks.
wfx

Postby The Comedian » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:19 pm

Just wanted to say as someone who loved Wonder Woman With a Flip on both SuperStories incarnations I've been loving this revival and how deep you've gone into it. I like how convoluted the shifting loyalties are getting, rooting for some sort of mutually assured destruction scenario where each general has somehow ended up under the thrall of another and so there's no real winner.
The Comedian

Postby wfx » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:53 am

The Comedian wrote:Just wanted to say as someone who loved Wonder Woman With a Flip on both SuperStories incarnations I've been loving this revival and how deep you've gone into it. I like how convoluted the shifting loyalties are getting, rooting for some sort of mutually assured destruction scenario where each general has somehow ended up under the thrall of another and so there's no real winner.

Thanks for reaching out. I've been really doing it in a vacuum without any feedback at all so I wasn't sure if anyone was even reading. That said, if left to my own devices, I've got the next ten or so posts planned out and it'll definitely get more convoluted at the very end of that and hopefully spin out to a next city/season where the loyalties/personalities/scheming is all over the place and more twisted than ever, so that's something to look forward to. I don't know how long I can build it before it collapses under its own weight but I think I can go a while yet.
wfx

Previous

Return to General Transformation Talk