Appeal of different transformations.

Want to talk about transformation of any sort? Not covered by one of the subforums ("looking for", linkage, etc.) detailed below? Here's your place to do it!

Appeal of different transformations.

Postby animefan78 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:10 am

Hello all,

As the title states, I am trying to dive in the appeal of the various transformations prevalent on the forum, for my own understanding and to perhaps improve my own writing. If it helps others improve their own stories all the better. I will be using the list created by graciefairways along with some others that I write that are not on the list.

Weight gain (WG)- If we're getting historical it started back in the 11th century and it was known as Leblouh. Which is a force feeding practice starting with a subset of the Berber's and spread across Africa. That aside I can understand how and why people find this type of story or art appealing as some like thicker curvier women that an evolutionary psychologist might say signals increased fertility. Where it loses me is the extreme types of weight gain, which I suppose plays into a male female power dynamic where the one getting fatter loses power as they gain.

BE/ BR- This is fairly straight forward in my mind as people like different sizes and would enjoy seeing characters busts changed into their preferred size.

Pregnancy- some people find pregnant women attractive so I get it but isn't sort of a differently version of BE and WG.

Bimbo, Chav, Hooker- Honestly I struggle to understand this one as it's not for me but I assume it is the humiliation and loss of power, with a dose of pure sex appeal. I mean lets be real prostitution is the worlds oldest profession for a reason.

AP/ AR- This is much the same as BE/ BR because everyone has their personal preferences (20-30 yo for me), though I can say the extreme ends are less fun for me. I also suppose there is a bit of humiliation and loss of power dynamic as well.

Trait swaps- I think this is sort of a blanket category that includes a lot of other categories, though I do like it for the humiliation of the one losing traits and more importantly seeing the other one being improved. So for me its more about the one being improved rather than the one getting worse which I feel is more often the focus.

Transgender TG- Less of a fan of this but I think I see the appeal though that's more on the boy to pretty girl angle.

Downgrade DG- Again I feel this is more of a catch all category including a lot of other angles where a person gets worse. I suppose it is the humiliation and loss of power dynamic that makes it appealing.

IQ changes- These tend to mostly be losing IQ and I suppose its about the humiliation and loss of power.

Cuckhold- I really don't understand this one at all.

Reality change, humiliation, mental corruption- I feel this are more ways to write some of the mentioned transformations rather than transformations themselves.

Now for some lesser used ones at least based on Graciefairways list.

Muscle growth/ reduction- This one I get as people find muscles attractive and I agree as long as it's in moderation. The extreme stuff I do not understand.

Hourglass- This is just an off shoot of the WG and BE just in a specific way and curvy girls can be sexy so I get it. Plus you can get some wasp waisted girls with this so I'm all for it.

Beautification or increased beauty this includes princessification- A less common almost rare transformation which I find odd as who doesn't like seeing a woman get prettier over time. Though maybe that is just me.

Please let me know what you think did I miss any? Why do you like different transformations?
animefan78
Transformation Grand Master

Re: Appeal of different transformations.

Postby GraceFairway6 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:22 pm

Thanks for picking up on my list (available here if you're curious about the data of the most popular tags on this forum: https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=10544). I'm happy to share my own thoughts on some of the tags that I like, as well as discussing why I dislike certain tags too. Obviously, I need to clarify that these are my opinions alone.

In the list of popular tags, my preferences are Chav and Hooker (which you'll find in my back catalogue) and certain types of DG. For me, the joy of an erotic transformation is someone becoming something they're not, and what they become often links to what gets me going - so, the idea of a high-class of respectable lady becoming a cheap prostitute is an exciting one. As for chavs, the same applies, but that also links to my upbringing - I went to school in a rough area, and there were loads of chavs. Now, I was never in that crowd, but I always found the girls really sexy, probably because they were so radically different from my own circumstances. There was a dirty, unashamed sexuality to them that I secretly loved, and have now translated to some of my own writing.

The only tag not on the list that really appeals personally is Goth or Gothification (my readers will not be surprised at all, as that's where I got my start). I think the reasons are similar to the other tags - I personally find goths extremely attractive, and the idea of a girl-next-door-type shifting her aesthetic so radically, in types of style as well as piercings and tattoos, is really hot (sadly, though, I may be alone there, or more stories might have appeared by now)!

On the other hand, I don't really see the appeal of the WG tag - personally, I don't find the concept of making someone excessively large (as many of these stories seem to go as far as I see) to be attractive in the slightest. Fair play if you do, of course - my kinks probably aren't yours either!
GraceFairway6

Postby animefan78 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:43 pm

GraceFairway6 wrote:Thanks for picking up on my list (available here if you're curious about the data of the most popular tags on this forum: https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=10544).

I have been following that thread which is what gave me the idea for this post.

While I'm not big on the chav bimbo angle I do agree on the eroticism coming from a person becoming someone or something they are not. There is a mystery to it that is fun to play with. I also see your point on the difference lives and experiences leading to different ideas of fun. I suppose that is part of why I like the maid and princess angles since neither are seen much these days for most people.

I have read some gothification stories and while not for me personally I completely see the appeal.

I am with you on the weight gain and I think some of it comes down to a power dynamic being at play as many times the person gaining becomes dependent on the one stuffing them.

Yes, everyone here probably has different kinks and fetishes' they enjoy reading and writing.

My personal favorite is weight loss. I had an old GF way back in college loose some weight and it was pretty hot flab to abs and all that. So I guess you could say that's why I enjoy it. Plus for me rather than the submissive side I like seeing the female character growing and improving so she stands on an equal footing rather than a reduced one.
animefan78

Postby fragmenter » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:21 am

GraceFairway6 wrote:
In the list of popular tags, my preferences are Chav and Hooker (which you'll find in my back catalogue) and certain types of DG. For me, the joy of an erotic transformation is someone becoming something they're not, and what they become often links to what gets me going - so, the idea of a high-class of respectable lady becoming a cheap prostitute is an exciting one. As for chavs, the same applies, but that also links to my upbringing - I went to school in a rough area, and there were loads of chavs. Now, I was never in that crowd, but I always found the girls really sexy, probably because they were so radically different from my own circumstances. There was a dirty, unashamed sexuality to them that I secretly loved, and have now translated to some of my own writing.

The only tag not on the list that really appeals personally is Goth or Gothification (my readers will not be surprised at all, as that's where I got my start). I think the reasons are similar to the other tags - I personally find goths extremely attractive, and the idea of a girl-next-door-type shifting her aesthetic so radically, in types of style as well as piercings and tattoos, is really hot (sadly, though, I may be alone there, or more stories might have appeared by now)!

Hi Grace, I share your love of Gothification, so you are certainly not alone in that respect. I’m sure I’ve got a good gothification story in me, I just need to let it out.

It was interesting to read what you said about the Chav transformation stories and also your school experience. I also had to move to a school that was full of chavs and whilst the polar opposite of them did develop a massive crush on a Chav lad. That certainly pulled me closer to the Chav aesthetic and I’ve a vivid memory of my mum berating me for getting my ear pierced at the top and how it looked out of place when I was being dropped off at my Cello lessons. It did little to stop me and I had a soft Chav aesthetic by the time I took my GCSEs. The lad I fancied had by then got a yr10 girl pregnant so I never got to see if we could have made it. Lucky escape. ;)

At 6th form college I again had a crush on a goth boy and this time I was more successful and we did date. My hair also went black, absolute hell to strip out, but stories never feature that truth . :D I’d never do it black again, but my nose ring and tunnels from those days remain. The last remnants of my modest youthful rebellion.

So to move back to the original post, I think our kinks have has their origins our hopes, desires and early sexual experience. What is unattainable but desired and when combined with the teenage angst of finding our true selves leads to those kinks that we explore through our stories.

Moll xx
fragmenter
Transformation Master

Postby animefan78 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:33 am

fragmenter wrote:
So to move back to the original post, I think our kinks have has their origins our hopes, desires and early sexual experience. What is unattainable but desired and when combined with the teenage angst of finding our true selves leads to those kinks that we explore through our stories.

Moll xx

This is probably the most impactful comment I have seen regarding the why and how we enjoy the various transformation fetishes we like and enjoy in our own stories and others. In my younger years I always wanted to date the skinny popular types and never had any luck, which is why I think I use them so often in my own works. As well as having one gf lose weight while we dated which was pretty hot.
animefan78

Postby funfun74 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:20 am

I'm not super sure in my case since my whole thing is transformation itself rather then any specific one. I've been fascinated by them ever since I was a kid. The Aladdin tv show had a couple of memorable episodes that involved transformations. The old witches movie. But it didn't really become a sexual kink for me until I was a horny teenager and found transformation stories on the internet. Call out to the Spell's R Us and Master PC stories as being very influential on that. So I do agree my early sexual experiences shaped some if it. Just the concept of someone changing in some way into something else just is very appealing to me and always has been. Though I'm a big softie and just don't really like it when the transformation completely ruins someones life. So extreme AP, WG, BE, IQ loss, DG featuring drug dependents tend to loss my interest as I just can't really stop myself from thinking of them as a real person and how the extreme change will lead to an early death probably. I also enjoy the character's reactions and dealing with a change. So Reality Change some times loses me. When nobody remembers the changes to sort of negates the point of the change for me. TG might be one of mine because I read the Ranma 1/2 manga as a teen and naturally eventually came across the hentai doujins for it.

So my core interest is TF itself though I do have favored topics. BE/BR I enjoy. Goths or punk are great. Love me a RC change into a Irish freckled redhead or east Asian, which admit are two of my types along with goth/punk look. Orientation change to bi/lesbian with a more open view of sex is also fun. I love a good ending turn around story. A story where someone of ill will forces changes on the protag, but the protag eventually manages to turn things around and punish the villain though the protag is still stuck living with all or some of the changes that had been made for them.
funfun74

Postby animefan78 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:12 pm

funfun74 wrote:So my core interest is TF itself though I do have favored topics. BE/BR I enjoy. Goths or punk are great. Love me a RC change into a Irish freckled redhead or east Asian, which admit are two of my types along with goth/punk look. Orientation change to bi/lesbian with a more open view of sex is also fun. I love a good ending turn around story. A story where someone of ill will forces changes on the protag, but the protag eventually manages to turn things around and punish the villain though the protag is still stuck living with all or some of the changes that had been made for them.

Yes, I imagine the internet did lead many of us to a number sexual experiences and kinks. For me it was Maffia puppet whose one Tenchi Muyo story had some yo-yo weight loss, and weight gain. The next came Nom, and grein's stories specifically acquisition (a shame it wasn't finished). I'm not against transformations ruining someone but only if it is someone who deserves it and their loss is another's gain. Yes, reality change is a tricky one that I enjoy but it has to be done right. I know of Ranma but never read it, and while I understand the appeal of a good TG, it's not a favorite of mine either. Race changes when it's black to white, white to asian, or asian to white are always a fun time.
animefan78

Postby Tigerharpy » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:05 am

Personally I'm a bit of a fan of transformation/detransformation where the character experiences what is typically considered a desirable extreme, big and muscular, incredibly beautiful, super intelligence, etc . . . before being returned to their normal self.

- Perhaps they did something to deserve their return to norm proving unworthy of the power by abusing it.
- Perhaps in their hubris they pushed their gift too far and cause it to fail.
- Perhaps they relinquish the change willingly after deciding that it's not all its cracked up to be and comes with too many down sides.
- Or perhaps it was always inevitable, a limited time wish, or the transformation is caused by cosmic energy that starts to fade over time.

What they do with their transformed self and ability to be another person is just interesting to me. As is the exact details of the process of transformation and the rules by which it occurs.
Tigerharpy

Postby animefan78 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:43 am

Tigerharpy wrote:Personally I'm a bit of a fan of transformation/detransformation where the character experiences what is typically considered a desirable extreme, big and muscular, incredibly beautiful, super intelligence, etc . . . before being returned to their normal self.

- Perhaps they did something to deserve their return to norm proving unworthy of the power by abusing it.
- Perhaps in their hubris they pushed their gift too far and cause it to fail.
- Perhaps they relinquish the change willingly after deciding that it's not all its cracked up to be and comes with too many down sides.
- Or perhaps it was always inevitable, a limited time wish, or the transformation is caused by cosmic energy that starts to fade over time.

What they do with their transformed self and ability to be another person is just interesting to me. As is the exact details of the process of transformation and the rules by which it occurs.

Those sorts of transformations can be rather titillating though I rather prefer happy endings and this sort tends to head for darker ends.
animefan78

Postby Tigerharpy » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:18 am

animefan78 wrote:Those sorts of transformations can be rather titillating though I rather prefer happy endings and this sort tends to head for darker ends.

It certainly is titillating from the perspective of the sense of danger that comes with the risk of loss. Though personally I don't like the ending going too dark, more like bittersweet when the seemingly desirable turns out to be not all it's cracked up to be, or has costs the a conscientious person isn't willing to pay.

I'm remind of a few westernized super-sentai style shows, where they'd combine stock footage from a Japanese show with western acting. Stuff like Beetleborgs, where the heroes gaining their powers explicitly is what brought the villains to life. Since you can't have one without the other. And thus, defeating the villains also meant relinquishing their powers.

On a more mundane extreme a woman, or a girl, being made not just beautiful, but so insanely supernaturally beautiful that it distorts how people around her see her, could be viewed as having huge downsides. I'm reminded of a Ted Talk by a retired model where she showed some very glammed up sexualized photos of herself in a bikini, side by side with her in a normal swimsuit during a trip to the beach, both photos were taken at around the same time . . . when she was like 15.

Imagine always looking like your glammed up instagrams photos without need makeup, ideal lighting, or any photography tricks, in our society that still has people using an excuse like 'she was asking for it dressing like that!'
Tigerharpy

Next

Return to General Transformation Talk