On writing

Want to talk about transformation of any sort? Not covered by one of the subforums ("looking for", linkage, etc.) detailed below? Here's your place to do it!

On writing

Postby DrZaaijer » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:35 am

I have come to the decision that as far as writing goes. I don't like to write. But I like haven written. I'm writing a story now and I wish it was finished already. But once a story is finished, adding to it I like. :mrgreen:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like my work and want to see more of it go to http://cowdance.com/Main%20Menu.php. From there you can support me on Patreon. My name on Patreon is itsmetoo.
DrZaaijer
Transformation Grand Master

Re: On writing

Postby Sculpted » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:36 am

Funny, I'm in the opposite boat. I love this new excursion into writing, I just hate everything I've written! :lol:
Sculpted
Transformation Master

Postby DrZaaijer » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:53 am

Great want to write my story for me ;-)

Not that I usually read my own stuff after I have finally finished it...Although I do think I have written some stuff really well when I read it again a few years later.
If you like my work and want to see more of it go to http://cowdance.com/Main%20Menu.php. From there you can support me on Patreon. My name on Patreon is itsmetoo.
DrZaaijer

Postby Sculpted » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:31 pm

I can't imagine going back and reading my own stuff. I'd probably just want to do a rewrite!
Sculpted
Transformation Master

Postby GraceFairway6 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:46 pm

itsme wrote:I have come to the decision that as far as writing goes. I don't like to write. But I like haven written. I'm writing a story now and I wish it was finished already. But once a story is finished, adding to it I like. :mrgreen:

I understand this sentiment entirely - oh, how wonderful it would be to have an idea, and then just have the story without the frustrating writing part in the middle!
GraceFairway6

Postby DrZaaijer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:56 pm

No, I wrote the 40+ pages of the story. I have a beginning a middle and an end. I didn't like writing that. I wanted it finished. But once it was finished, I've been editing it up to 62 pages so far. That I like. You add elements to the story to make it fuller. You know how it ends so adding little parts that foretells the end and sprinkling them throughout is easy. An idea comes to you and you can just add it. While you are writing the first draft, any 'new idea' diverts you from finishing the story.

I think it is, when you can't see (haven't written) the ending the story looks like it'll go on forever. But once the ending is written, you know the story will be completed. Thus the slog of getting that first rough draft down I don't like. but adding to it is fun. Sort of like buying and getting home a xmas tree is a hassle, decorating it is where the fun comes.
DrZaaijer

Postby Sculpted » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:08 pm

My experience thus far has been deciding how the story ends, writing it in my head, then totally changing it half a dozen times as the story unfolds. I like the idea of being more concrete.
Sculpted
Transformation Master

Postby GraceFairway6 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:22 pm

Oh, I see, I understand you! I think I operate in a vaguely similarly way - I've never written a story that didn't have a definite end point in mind, and I think that definitely makes the process so much easier when it gets to the nitty-gritty of writing and editing the entire thing.
GraceFairway6

Postby DrZaaijer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:26 pm

I usually need an end to start writing a story. If you don't know where you are going then how do you know if you have gotten there. Whereas my ends can change a bit from what I intended at first, usually I am always working towards it. It's part of the initial idea. There are some cases where the ending is more amorphous, But usually it's the ending that is needed. You know sometimes it's the beginning that that I'm not sure of. usually the beginning the the least important part of a transformation story.
DrZaaijer

Postby Sculpted » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:09 pm

I have a lot to learn!
Sculpted
Transformation Master

Next

Return to General Transformation Talk