Anyone doing NaNoWriMo?

A place to talk about anything that doesn't quite fit into any other place.

Anyone doing NaNoWriMo?

Postby Sen Oluguat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:33 pm

Was anyone else planning to participate in NaNoWriMo next month? Anyone already participated in years past?

Thinking it could be fun to do. Perhaps people could discuss their plans, give updates and ask/offer advice in this thread.
Sen Oluguat

Re: Anyone doing NaNoWriMo?

Postby TheoW » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:20 am

I did it for a number of years in the past (02-11, skipping 05 and finishing all but 2 years). It's fun and challenging if you're not used to writing that much. 1667 words a day if you're not used to writing so much does weight on you. The best thing to do is to focus day to day and not worry about how much you have to do. As well as the core motto of "Quantity not Quality" just get the words out, don't try to self edit as you go.
Pretends to be the boss around here.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Re: Anyone doing NaNoWriMo?

Postby maradeparade » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:27 am

I have a post-post-apocalyptic horror set in the northeast, with a professor and his adopted son/assistant trying to kill a demon that's lurking in the house of a widow. It leans hard on the tropes from the Analog Horror genre, and was heavily inspired by The Mandela Catalog, so I'm excited to give it a shot but I do worry if my skills are enough to write a book proper.
maradeparade

Return to Off-Topic