Does anyone listen to music while writing?

A place to talk about anything that doesn't quite fit into any other place.

Does anyone listen to music while writing?

Postby Daddy » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:16 am

I was just curious to know if writers here listen to music while writing? And Can I get some recomendations?
Daddy

Re: Does anyone listen to music while writing?

Postby Chrystal Wynd » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:21 pm

I personally don't listen to music (or anything) when I'm writing, but I know a lot of writers do. Music usually distracts me from whatever I'm trying to do, whether it's writing or cleaning or whatever. Good thing I don't chew gum either or it would be complete chaos trying to get anything done.
Chrystal Wynd
Transformation Master

Postby fragmenter » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:54 am

Chrystal Wynd wrote:I personally don't listen to music (or anything) when I'm writing, but I know a lot of writers do. Music usually distracts me from whatever I'm trying to do, whether it's writing or cleaning or whatever. Good thing I don't chew gum either or it would be complete chaos trying to get anything done.

I can’t have music on either, I get distracted. I tend to chain smoke when I write too. Horrible I know, but it helps me focus and heightens my concentration.
Mxx
fragmenter
Transformation Master

Postby Chrystal Wynd » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:14 pm

fragmenter wrote:
Chrystal Wynd wrote:I personally don't listen to music (or anything) when I'm writing, but I know a lot of writers do. Music usually distracts me from whatever I'm trying to do, whether it's writing or cleaning or whatever. Good thing I don't chew gum either or it would be complete chaos trying to get anything done.

I can’t have music on either, I get distracted. I tend to chain smoke when I write too. Horrible I know, but it helps me focus and heightens my concentration.
Mxx

I quit smoking a few years back, but when I did smoke, writing had a similar effect on me. I think it helped my writing to a degree. I tended to write in a whirl and I think it helped settle me.
Chrystal Wynd
Transformation Master

Postby animefan78 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:52 pm

Yes, I listen to music and the type varies from anime openings to the orchestral soundtracks depending on what I am trying to write.
animefan78
Transformation Grand Master

Return to Off-Topic