Most popular story tags (2022)

A place to talk about anything that doesn't quite fit into any other place.

Re: Most popular story tags (2022)

Postby GraceFairway6 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:46 pm

Right, I'm back, and with a big one - the most successful stories of 2022 (in the sense that views and replies qualify as success). I've just taken the top three in each category, but hopefully this will be of interest to fans of particular categories, or people wanting to improve their writing skills/knowledge in a particular category!

AR
1. The Nag – therandylion
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6297
2. Kira and the Monkey Paw – Sweetiepielux
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9731
3. The Force – DrZaaijer
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1775


BE
1. Losing It – resupplied69
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1527
2. Taken Down a Size – Sculpted
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8500
3. One Wish – Babel111
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6345


Bimbo
1. The Tomboy – troutminibus
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8630
2. Miss Jiff: Mall Madness – TransGirlAndAWGFan
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9470
3. First Time – BigMystique
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9048


Chav
1. Class Mates – GraceFairway6
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8490
2. Revenge is a dish best served Chav – Tara
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9441
3. Brit Wish – Big Mystique
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9406


Cuck
1. Cuckold Conundrum– audipwr87
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9039
2. Grow Your Love – Magister Lewdi
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8514
3. A Happy Marriage – bovinechina
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10158


DG
1. Taken Down a Size – Sculpted
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8500
2. Trailer Trashed – ideafactory
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7758
3. Maid New – yazzers
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4443


Hooker
1. Catching Up with Chloe – GraceFairway6
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8804
2. High-Class Hooker – GraceFairway6
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9328
3. Bolt from the Blue – Sen Oluguat
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7003


Humil
1. Working Girl – ElGooG
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6465
2. One Wish – Babel111
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6345
3. The Queen’s Demise – apidieux
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9613


IQ
1. Party Girl – fragmenter
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9559
2. The Tomboy – troutminibus
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8630
3. Bikini Baristas – thecoyote
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4930


MC
1. Maid New – yazzers
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4443
2. Money Shot – yazzers
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4497
3. Lost in the fatness – audipwr87
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7118


Preg
1. Away From Court – BlossomB
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5575
2. Bikini Baristas – thecoyote
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4930
3. First Time – BigMystique
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9048


Reality change
1. One Wish – Babel111
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6345
2. Cuckold Conundrum – audipwr87
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9039
3. Trial Version – Larpa
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8201


TG
1. Fitting In – oldar
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2635
2. Fast Food Fatty – Inthecourt
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2643
3. Big Ass Jeans – Megs
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=791


WG
1. Losing It – resupplied69
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1527
2. Fitting In – oldar
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2635
3. Taken Down a Size – Sculpted
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8500

There also needs be some degree of recognition for laristopa's Doctor Grungot's Exchange Extravaganza!, which ranks very highly in terms of views and comments, and which was excluded from these particular top threes simply because they are lists linked to specific tags: https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5979
Last edited by GraceFairway6 on Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
GraceFairway6
Transformation Master
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:21 am

Re: Most popular story tags (2022)

Postby funfun74 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:30 pm

Interesting list and it must have taken quite a lot of time given that most of the stories often share multiple TF's from the list. It contains several great stories that I hope get people who never read the,m because of how deep in the stories forum they are, to read them.

Was this just for 2022 stories or all of them? Because Big Ass Jeans by Meg is from 2012 and a couple others are also fairly old and just got necroed into 2022 by someone hoping for more. Also its a bit unfortunate that there is not real way to figure out the most popular stories. The main problem in the method you used is that it favors writers who posted multiple chapters over time in their story. Writers who posted a completed story are usually only going to get one hit and reply. Those who are posting multiple chapters over time get a new hit each time they post something new or even when someone else posts because they hope its in response to new content. Also gets multiple replies to help encourage said writer to continue and hopefully finish the story and sometimes from the same few people.

By those metrics though Doctor Grungot's Exchange Extravaganza is the #1 in just about every category as it contains just about every TF from the list I think and has the most views and and second most replies. But it's not on the list at all and I am just curious why.
funfun74
Transformation Grand Master
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: Most popular story tags (2022)

Postby GraceFairway6 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:02 am

funfun74 wrote:Interesting list and it must have taken quite a lot of time given that most of the stories often share multiple TF's from the list. It contains several great stories that I hope get people who never read the,m because of how deep in the stories forum they are, to read them.

Was this just for 2022 stories or all of them? Because Big Ass Jeans by Meg is from 2012 and a couple others are also fairly old and just got necroed into 2022 by someone hoping for more. Also its a bit unfortunate that there is not real way to figure out the most popular stories. The main problem in the method you used is that it favors writers who posted multiple chapters over time in their story. Writers who posted a completed story are usually only going to get one hit and reply. Those who are posting multiple chapters over time get a new hit each time they post something new or even when someone else posts because they hope its in response to new content. Also gets multiple replies to help encourage said writer to continue and hopefully finish the story and sometimes from the same few people.

By those metrics though Doctor Grungot's Exchange Extravaganza is the #1 in just about every category as it contains just about every TF from the list I think and has the most views and and second most replies. But it's not on the list at all and I am just curious why.


Hi funfun74, and thanks for the feedback - you're right, this took absolutely ages, and I know it's far from perfect!

Essentially, I compiled the list using the dataset of every story which had been alive (in whatever extent) in 2022, and I know that's not the best approach. Ideally, I would have been able to compute comments and determine what percentage of a thread was actual responses and from this year, in order to eliminate outliers and offer a fairer picture, but that would have required far more time and data-crunching than I was able to use. I had to do everything by hand by myself, so just looking at dates and tags had to do (imperfect though that is). I must say, I think it is possible to figure out actual popularity, in terms of views/comments/a combination/types of story format, but it requires a lot more data than I am individually able to compile.

As for the Doctor Grungot story, it didn't feature because of the metrics I used to determine the data (i.e. the specific tags in the titles), but I agree with you that it should receive recognition, so I've updated the 'popular stories' list according.

I want to stress, too, in case anyone is worried that this is not me casting any judgement on stories nor offering any wider comments or context - the top three for, say, Bimbo denotes nothing more than those stories with 'Bimbo' as a tag which received some degree of activity this year. I'm sure that there are many other excellent stories in all these categories, and the ones not mentioned, and so I stress that this is just a snapshot from a very specific angle.
GraceFairway6
Transformation Master
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:21 am

Re: Most popular story tags (2022)

Postby animefan78 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:21 am

Gracie

I wonder if there is some back end information or tools the mods might be able to give you access to, that could improve the data collection on various metric. Also that list is fantastic as it does highlight the more popular stories in each category for the past year. For me personally I think the chav stories would be the most interesting read. Not from a enjoyment perspective but from a writing perspective to try and see what made the stories click with the audience and if there are any tips or tricks I can take from them. I also agree on your comments on larstopia's story as it hits so many different transformations.

Funfun

I also noticed a few older stories included on the list but if they are still getting commented on I would include them as they show continues interest even if it might skew the data. Yes, it also favors authors who post multiple chapters and or stories people are trying to get the author to finish. However I still think it's worthwhile to see comments as it shows some degree of interaction. You have a point about Larstopia's story but it's an outlier hitting multiple transformaitons. Perhaps a multiple TF section is needed.
animefan78
Transformation Grand Master
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Re: Most popular story tags (2022)

Postby funfun74 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:05 am

I agree that Chav stories are interesting to read and I like them a lot. The reason for me is because they mostly it falls into what I consider a combo tag. A Chav story, along with hooker, Reality Change, Bimbo, and a couple others, almost always include several basic TF's. Saying this next part purely as my own opinion and stating that I'm Americian who has only come across the concept of a Chav from TF stories on the internet, so forgive me if I'm wrong on the concept. But most of the Chav TF stories I come across often include BE/BR, Slutification, Downgrade, WG, -IQ and AR/AP. Now I can't speak for anyone else but seeing as this is a Transformation story forum I'm going to make an assumption. But that means a Chav story is probably going to tick a lot of boxes for someone who likes a lot of different transformation stuff. I certainly do. Bimbo tends to do so as well. It's why, I think, the various "Transformation Show/Game" stories often generate a lot of replies and interest.

Now as to why Chav came out on top this year I think is pretty much down to the fact that we had some very talented writers who wrote some very good stories on the topic and were kind enough to share them with us.
funfun74
Transformation Grand Master
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: Most popular story tags (2022)

Postby animefan78 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:19 pm

funfun74 wrote:I agree that Chav stories are interesting to read and I like them a lot. The reason for me is because they mostly it falls into what I consider a combo tag. A Chav story, along with hooker, Reality Change, Bimbo, and a couple others, almost always include several basic TF's. Saying this next part purely as my own opinion and stating that I'm Americian who has only come across the concept of a Chav from TF stories on the internet, so forgive me if I'm wrong on the concept. But most of the Chav TF stories I come across often include BE/BR, Slutification, Downgrade, WG, -IQ and AR/AP. Now I can't speak for anyone else but seeing as this is a Transformation story forum I'm going to make an assumption. But that means a Chav story is probably going to tick a lot of boxes for someone who likes a lot of different transformation stuff. I certainly do. Bimbo tends to do so as well. It's why, I think, the various "Transformation Show/Game" stories often generate a lot of replies and interest.

Now as to why Chav came out on top this year I think is pretty much down to the fact that we had some very talented writers who wrote some very good stories on the topic and were kind enough to share them with us.


I agree on your thoughts on chav being multiple TFs but I think there are many stories like TG, bimbo, or slutification that also include multiple tfs. I also don't think you are wrong about chav hitting multiple boxes as it has a little something for many different people. Yes, I do think the talented writers here made those stories shine. I'm just trying to discover some of their tips and tricks to incorporate into my own writing style.
animefan78
Transformation Grand Master
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Re: Most popular story tags (2022)

Postby BigMystique » Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:53 pm

GraceFairway6 wrote:Right, I'm back, and with a big one - the most successful stories of 2022 (in the sense that views and replies qualify as success). I've just taken the top three in each category, but hopefully this will be of interest to fans of particular categories, or people wanting to improve their writing skills/knowledge in a particular category!

AR
1. The Nag – therandylion
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6297
2. Kira and the Monkey Paw – Sweetiepielux
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9731
3. The Force – DrZaaijer
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1775


BE
1. Losing It – resupplied69
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1527
2. Taken Down a Size – Sculpted
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8500
3. One Wish – Babel111
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6345


Bimbo
1. The Tomboy – troutminibus
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8630
2. Miss Jiff: Mall Madness – TransGirlAndAWGFan
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9470
3. First Time – BigMystique
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9048


Chav
1. Class Mates – GraceFairway6
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8490
2. Revenge is a dish best served Chav – Tara
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9441
3. Brit Wish – Big Mystique
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9406


Cuck
1. Cuckold Conundrum– audipwr87
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9039
2. Grow Your Love – Magister Lewdi
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8514
3. A Happy Marriage – bovinechina
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10158


DG
1. Taken Down a Size – Sculpted
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8500
2. Trailer Trashed – ideafactory
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7758
3. Maid New – yazzers
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4443


Hooker
1. Catching Up with Chloe – GraceFairway6
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8804
2. High-Class Hooker – GraceFairway6
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9328
3. Bolt from the Blue – Sen Oluguat
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7003


Humil
1. Working Girl – ElGooG
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6465
2. One Wish – Babel111
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6345
3. The Queen’s Demise – apidieux
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9613


IQ
1. Party Girl – fragmenter
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9559
2. The Tomboy – troutminibus
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8630
3. Bikini Baristas – thecoyote
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4930


MC
1. Maid New – yazzers
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4443
2. Money Shot – yazzers
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4497
3. Lost in the fatness – audipwr87
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7118


Preg
1. Away From Court – BlossomB
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5575
2. Bikini Baristas – thecoyote
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4930
3. First Time – BigMystique
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9048


Reality change
1. One Wish – Babel111
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6345
2. Cuckold Conundrum – audipwr87
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9039
3. Trial Version – Larpa
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8201


TG
1. Fitting In – oldar
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2635
2. Fast Food Fatty – Inthecourt
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2643
3. Big Ass Jeans – Megs
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=791


WG
1. Losing It – resupplied69
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1527
2. Fitting In – oldar
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2635
3. Taken Down a Size – Sculpted
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8500

There also needs be some degree of recognition for laristopa's Doctor Grungot's Exchange Extravaganza!, which ranks very highly in terms of views and comments, and which was excluded from these particular top threes simply because they are lists linked to specific tags: https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5979


I've only just seen this but I feel honored that all three of the stories I worked on (First Time, Brit Wish and Party Girl) made the list. Glad to see that they connected with people and without the individual responses or the support of people like fragmenter (Party Girl specifically considering she actually wrote the released version), I don't think I would've finished any of them. Nice to see the rise in popularity of Chav stories as I feel that's a sub genre of Bimbofication with an edgier and more British tone (that people like myself can relate to more so than the generic blonde bimbo) that's been missing.

Special shout out to TwilightSputnik for the inspiration with their story Queen of the Chavs and showing that there's an audience for those types of stories out there!
Updates on future content down below:
https://www.deviantart.com/bigmystique/ ... -906791668
User avatar
BigMystique
Member
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:05 pm

Re: Most popular story tags (2022)

Postby freakydaughter » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:32 am

Could there be any chance of adding Race Change/Transformation/Swap to that list? Those are my favorites but are hard to find for obvious reasons. Personally I love the FtF body swap versions.
The Freaky Duchess Chelsie Woodard
User avatar
freakydaughter
Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Most popular story tags (2022)

Postby animefan78 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:59 am

freakydaughter wrote:Could there be any chance of adding Race Change/Transformation/Swap to that list? Those are my favorites but are hard to find for obvious reasons. Personally I love the FtF body swap versions.


Unlikely as this was about the most popular tags of 2022 and race change did not make it into the top 15 for the past year. Race change is a rather rare TF so there might not have been any in 2022. That said I do enjoy racial and FtF transformation.
animefan78
Transformation Grand Master
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Re: Most popular story tags (2022)

Postby Chrystal Wynd » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:00 pm

animefan78 wrote:
freakydaughter wrote:Could there be any chance of adding Race Change/Transformation/Swap to that list? Those are my favorites but are hard to find for obvious reasons. Personally I love the FtF body swap versions.


Unlikely as this was about the most popular tags of 2022 and race change did not make it into the top 15 for the past year. Race change is a rather rare TF so there might not have been any in 2022. That said I do enjoy racial and FtF transformation.


I have one, but be warned it's horrible.

https://mcstories.com/Chaotiq/Chaotiq.html
Chrystal Wynd
Member
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:15 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest