REQUEST: New Category for AI stories

Want to talk about the site itself -- problems, technical issues, ideas, etc.? Here's the place to do it!

REQUEST: New Category for AI stories

Postby fragmenter » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:50 am

Hi all,
AI is growing in influence in all areas of life including stories on here and both art and stories on Deviant Art. Whatever your views on it and I personally find art produced by it to be a little uninvolving and sterile, it is here to stay.

I’d like to suggest that the Fiction category should have a third section for AI generated stories to add to the existing categories of Stories and Specific Authors. I think this would help us all to easily identify works by human creativity and those that aren’t. I’m certain that within a short time period the tools to create AI stories will be so prevalent that the potential volume of those stories posted will drown out works by little ol’ humans like me.

Could I ask if you support this concept, to reply and if the Admins could then give it some thought.

Thanks
Moll x
fragmenter
Transformation Master

Re: REQUEST: New Category for AI stories

Postby SaoirseCook » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:41 am

Apologies in advance, but if this is a reaction to my recent story (I posted this yesterday, shortly before this thread was posted), I do want to note that it was a very heavy collaboration; ChatGPT did not just spit that out fully formed in one whack.

I basically wrote several very custom prompts (using the 'Developer Mode' jailbreak, which seems to not be working as well now) to have ChatGPT produce several scenes, prompting it when it did not produce something 'right', and then interwove all the scenes together with a great deal of editing and choices.

I would not support this right now, personally, as long as authorship is properly attributed. If it becomes a problem later where there is much more of an 'onslaught' of ChatGPT stories -- something I find unlikely given its Puritan-like programmed-in attitudes about sex and depravity which are very hard to circumvent, especially with jailbreak prompts being actively countered and often 'wearing off' -- then the issue could be revisited. My opinion on the question, at least.
SaoirseCook
Transformation Master

Postby fragmenter » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:26 am

Hi Saoirse
It’s not a reaction to any single individual or story but more to the oncoming storm that I’m certain AI will lead too. I mentioned Deviant Art, because that site is now wrestling with a massive influx of AI art and seems to be struggling to separate human produced creative endeavors from AI.

I think if we wait until it “happens” the situation will be uncontrollable especially as the increasing ease of producing AI stories will lead to a large volume of AI stories that could and probably will swamp the site.

I think this will happen much faster than any of us can currently comprehend. I wanted to start a debate and that was the reason for the post. All views are valid, but I think we need to be talking about it.

Moll x
fragmenter
Transformation Master

Postby animefan78 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:31 am

fragmenter wrote:Hi Saoirse
It’s not a reaction to any single individual or story but more to the oncoming storm that I’m certain AI will lead too. I mentioned Deviant Art, because that site is now wrestling with a massive influx of AI art and seems to be struggling to separate human produced creative endeavors from AI.

I think if we wait until it “happens” the situation will be uncontrollable especially as the increasing ease of producing AI stories will lead to a large volume of AI stories that could and probably will swamp the site.

I think this will happen much faster than any of us can currently comprehend. I wanted to start a debate and that was the reason for the post. All views are valid, but I think we need to be talking about it.

Moll x

As a fellow user of deviant art and seeing the mess that is happening over there due to AI, I do support the idea of creating an AI category.

SaoirseCook wrote:Apologies in advance, but if this is a reaction to my recent story (I posted this yesterday, shortly before this thread was posted), I do want to note that it was a very heavy collaboration; ChatGPT did not just spit that out fully formed in one whack.

I basically wrote several very custom prompts (using the 'Developer Mode' jailbreak, which seems to not be working as well now) to have ChatGPT produce several scenes, prompting it when it did not produce something 'right', and then interwove all the scenes together with a great deal of editing and choices.

I would not support this right now, personally, as long as authorship is properly attributed. If it becomes a problem later where there is much more of an 'onslaught' of ChatGPT stories -- something I find unlikely given its Puritan-like programmed-in attitudes about sex and depravity which are very hard to circumvent, especially with jailbreak prompts being actively countered and often 'wearing off' -- then the issue could be revisited. My opinion on the question, at least.

Yes, it does take some skill at using the AI tools to create an AI generated story, but it is a distinctly different type of creation, so at the very least it should have it's own tag.
animefan78
Transformation Grand Master

Return to Site Issues/Feedback