Momma

Moderator: Matt L.

Momma

Postby Matt L. » Sat May 02, 2020 10:12 am

MOMMA BY MATT L.

CHAPTER ONE /

The local diner in a small, quiet southern town, Albert Cabbage had stopped in as usual to have lunch and visit his favorite waitress, Gretchen O’Dell.

Gretchen’s characteristics and appearance denoting the all-American girl next door façade.

Blonde locks which contoured to her pretty diamond shape face, her dark pink uniform complimenting her slender form but for a small pouch of tummy fat.

Gretchen was sharp as a tack and had a consummate sense of humor, and in many ways seemed out of place in such a mundane community. It was no wonder why Albert found Gretchen all so attractive.

Albert was a tad immature for his 23-years of age. Relatively shy and lacking self-esteem, a dye in the wool momma’s boy who had been picked on through the years due to his weight.

Albert’s chubby face was pleasant enough despite some acne, his blond hair receding while his stout body, particularly his belly, was thoroughly encased in a cocoon of flab.

Yet Albert was kind to a fault, unambiguously forthright and polite.

Albert worked as stock boy at the local hardware store, part time, the remainder of the day or his day off, glued to the TV or playing video games. At 277-pounds, Albert mainly wore overalls or occasionally sweat shirts and jeans, never exactly caring what he looked like unless he was going to see Gretchen.

Tensely awkward, and inexperienced with females, Gretchen O’Dell influenced Albert’s behavior where he actually felt good about himself and brought out some confidence.

Gretchen liked Albert in a purely platonic manner and enjoyed his company. Nothing like the other male customers who would endlessly flirt with her, albeit it was easy to tell Albert was smitten with Gretchen.

Gretchen would appease Albert and willingly converse on his favorite topics, this afternoon the subject included his favorite video games. Gretchen faked interest merely to appease Albert, but she answered honestly when he inquired about her favorites.

“Video games were never my thing, I mean I did play them once in a while when I was younger but I never caught the fever…”

Noticing Albert’s crestfallen face, Gretchen quickly produced a honey of a smile, “…but I admire your enthusiasm for them, I love listening to you talk about gaming.”

Gretchen used a towel to wipe away the excess gravy which spilled unto the counter from Albert’s plate, the big lug was something of a slob but she didn’t really seem to mind.

Albert sat hunched over, a turtle neck mannerism so to speak, his own smile matching Gretchen’s in width, “Shoot! I got the most up to date gaming system! I swear if you had the mind to ease back and get into it, why you’d be totally crazy about gaming!”

Gretchen’s eyes sparkled, smiling with her eyes as well as her lips; she was amused at Albert’s excitement.

She refilled his glass with cola, a spunky bounce to her gait as she brought it over to him.

Albert couldn’t hold back a glance at Gretchen’s breasts while she pushed away her nomadic bangs, for a young woman in such fine shape, she was certainly top heavy.

Gretchen favored Albert with a silly grin, considering the gape as harmless. Well aware of Albert’s type, guys like Albert weren’t lewd but purely curious; not having the same advantages as better looking men.

Albert lived on a region of land called Dunston Flats with his mother, Mabel.
The property included 10 acres of land and a smaller variety of mansion, although most of it in disrepair.

Gretchen leaned over, positioning her elbow on the counter top, using her fist to hold up her chin, “What’s on your agenda for the rest of the evening?”

“I’m off tomorrow so I’m going to sleep late and then watch a science fiction movie marathon, you like science fiction movies?”

“I guess they‘re okay”, Gretchen uttered with a honey of a smile; “I like the original Star Wars, the others not so much.”

“Me too!” Albert said excitedly, hoping to appease his crush.

Gretchen corrected her position yet taking a causal stance behind the counter, one hand over her waist, “I need to check on the other customers, be back in a few.”

Gretchen’s stride had a little more snap than the other waitresses, akin to a physically active young woman who never slowed down for a second.

Upon returning to Albert, he anxiously inquired about Gretchen’s plans after work.

“The usual, I take a hike down Old Mill road, have dinner and read, maybe watch a little TV.”
Albert was ever diligent with his questions, “You like walking? We got lots of land; you can always hike around our property, what you having for dinner? You eat here?”

Gretchen smiled at the laundry list of questions but she gladly answered each one, “Walking keeps me in shape, and maybe one day I’ll check out your property….”

Gretchen discreetly waved Albert over so she could whisper, “The food here doesn’t agree with me, so I use the small stove in the motel room and make myself can spaghetti or chicken pot pie.”

Albert held unto his portly belly as he settled back onto the stool, “That’s no real dinner, Gretchen.
You ought to come over and let my momma make you a fine meal; she’s a right fancy cook and plenty of second helpings.”

Gretchen gazed over Albert’s immensely overweight form, her thoughts could be described as derogatory, “I can see that for sure.”

Yet Gretchen conceded to a more dignified reply, “I appreciate the invite, but currently I wouldn’t make the best company for dinner….”

Yet still, Gretchen wouldn’t intentionally intrude for dinner at Albert’s home no matter how well his mother cooked. Al’s obesity wasn’t per chance; it indicated an unhealthy menu in which Gretchen refused to participate.

“…..though perhaps someday”, Gretchen consciously forged a lie, her twinkling eyes responsible for Albert’s goofy grin.

Albert looked over at the clock on the wall, “Nice talking with’cha Miss Gretchen, I’ll see ya Wednesday!”

Gretchen delicately nodded, “Right!”

Albert’s swagger was anything but graceful; Gretchen negatively wagged her head at the sight of his flabby body jiggling like jell-o.

“Someday”, Albert mumbled to himself while ambling out of the diner.

Hanson, Kentucky was only accessible through back roads, yet a decent, hardworking community.

Like all small towns there was a main street with the usual shops, VFW hall, filling station, and of course a supermarket and department store.

Hanson’s Diner was called just that, decorated with multicolored lights and a large paper sign over the picture window which simply read - EATS!

Among the crew of waitresses Gretchen stood out due to her age, looks, and seemingly eloquence.

Gretchen was a Northerner but according to the locals, a good one.

Gretchen kept her blond locks moderately short, chiseled features on a gorgeous face, nobody understood why such a beautiful and educated young woman would be working as a waitress, let alone living in such a quiet community. Yet Gretchen simply showed up six months ago looking for work, and she’s been there ever since.

Gretchen’s personality matched her appearance, kind to a fault and a good listener.
Getting along with the other waitresses and customers alike, and if she had just one recognizable flaw, it was that sometimes she exerted an uppity disposition in regards to managing her appearance.
A vanity that at times seemed over the top but hardly to hold a grudge about.

Sabrina Hatton was probably the closest to Gretchen in terms of being a friend. Quite chubby, the same age as Gretchen, Sabrina had married right out of high school and had a total of 4 children.

Gretchen rarely spoke about herself; she indeed focused on Sabrina, talking about everything and everything, swaying the conversations away whenever Sabrina became curious about her.

Sabrina would now and then tease Gretchen about wanting to look like a movie star and if she’s so picky about what she eats, why did she ever move to a community where majority of the females get marry and start to breed early on, racking on some weight while in total domestic bliss.

The best Sabrina got out of Gretchen was that Hanson was just a minor detour until she got things together, and then would move on to bigger and better things in her life.

__

Albert had never been out of Hanson his entire life, never even taking a trip to Huxley, a college town only a five hour drive away and the closest thing next to a big city.

Albert’s only real friends the guys who hung at the filing station on Maple Road.
The filling station wasn’t the contemporary mode with a min-mart but simply the place in town where the folks pumped gas and had their cars worked on.
These guys were a decade or more older than Albert, married men who drank beer and mainly talked about five subjects - Sports - Cars - Country music - their glory days in high school - chicks.
Naturally Gretchen was brought up often.
Not that any of these hillbillies would stray from their wives but they could dream.

They accepted Albert as their unofficial mascot, they knew he had a hard time fitting in with people his own age, and they looked after him. Albert didn’t talk much around them; mainly he listened and laughed at their bad jokes.

Re: Momma

Postby Junketh71 » Sat May 02, 2020 1:37 pm

So far, this is a very touching beginning. Good luck with the new story!
Junketh71
Transformation Grand Master

Postby majima88 » Sat May 02, 2020 1:45 pm

This is an incredibly promising start!
majima88

Postby brightsun21 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:37 am

Great start
brightsun21
Transformation Master

Postby Matt L. » Wed May 06, 2020 9:15 am

Hello Friends,

Thanks for the positive buzz.

Cheers, Matt
Matt L.

Postby Matt L. » Wed May 06, 2020 9:16 am

CHAPTER TWO /

The next day, right around the time Albert would have arrived at the diner for lunch, a hefty mature woman entered the establishment.

The woman was approximately in her later fifties; her brown hair in the classic bun style, not a trace of makeup upon her pudgy face but the highly wrought cherry red dress she wore indicated she was rather well-off compared to the other patrons.

Gretchen observed this woman trying to squeeze her 300 - plus - pound body into a booth, clutching the table edge, the incredibly rotund female waged a battle which proved successful.

Gretchen tilted her head, amazed at the woman’s victory, and quickly advanced toward her.

Gretchen was familiar with just about everyone in town, but this woman was a stranger, at least to her.

“Hello Miss!, I’m Gretchen“, her voice bubbly in candor, gesturing to counter as she spoke, “Perhaps you’d be more comfortable at the counter?”

The woman looked at Gretchen as if she was a lunatic, “After all the bloody hell trouble it took me to get in here, I ain’t moving!”

“Oh, okay!” Gretchen’s spunky bravo unchallenged, “What can I get for you?”

The woman stared at Gretchen, “Nothing! I want you to sit your boney ass down; I’ll have Sabrina wait on me!”

Gretchen was taken by a loop, and positively miffed at how she was being addressed, “Pardon me?”

The woman waved over to Gretchen’s co-worker, “Hey, Sabrina! Bring me a slice of apple pie with ice cream and coffee!”

“Right away, Mrs. Cabbage!” Sabrina called out.

Gretchen realized, “You’re Albert’s mother.”

“You’re the waitress my son is smitten with”, Mabel answered back, “Now are you going to sit down or do you need an engraved invitation?”

Gretchen’s lithe hips swayed as she maneuvered into the booth, sitting across from Mabel, “You’re a demanding woman.”

Mabel smirked, “And you’re a ballsy babe for speaking to me like that but, you’re honest, that I can appreciate.”

Gretchen sighed out of nervousness, “Well thanks. I suppose this visit pertains to Albert?”

“I don’t sit down and dine with just anybody, specially folks I never met, you none too bright I take it”, Mabel rattled off.

Gretchen cleared her throat, “My name was on the honor roll all through high school and I made the Dean’s list at the University of Michigan.”

“You’re a long way from Michigan, we don’t even have a movie theater or mall in town, what the hell you doing here?”

Gretchen folded her arms over her well-developed melons, “That’s a private matter, and if you don’t mind, please get to the point.”

“Fair enough, missy, what kind of floozy are you going after my boy?”

In a matter of seconds, Gretchen went from gaping at Mabel, covering her mouth, then finally laughed, “Are you crazy!”

“Settle down!” Mabel snapped.

Gretchen’s temperament matched Mabel‘s, “I’m not a floozy or any kind of loose woman or do I have any sexual or romantic desires for Albert. Albert is just a nice kid who needs a friend.”

“That nice kid is almost 24-years old”, Mabel noted just as Sabrina brought her order.

“Is that all, Mrs. Cabbage?”

Mabel pointed at Gretchen, “Bring her the same thing, except milk instead of coffee.”

Gretchen refused, “No, thank you.”

Mabel warmly smiled at Sabrina, “Do as I say….”

Turning to Gretchen, Mabel addressed her in an exaggerated eloquent manner, “It isn’t correct etiquette for a woman to dine alone, especially here in the south but I’m almost sure the practice is foreign to those barbarians in the wilds of Michigan.”

Gretchen grimaced, “Fine! I’ll have the pie and ice cream but coffee!”

Mabel chuckled, “Coffee? You’ve done just recently got weaned off your momma, you barely look 17, maybe 18 but that’s pushing it..”

“She’ll have milk and like it!” Mabel shrilled.

Sabrina quickly shook her head and bolted away from the table.

Mabel proudly smiled, “I’m educated too, two semesters and a half at Miss Lake’s Finishing School in Ashland.”

“I’m twenty-four years old, I know I look young for my age but I don’t like being bossed around or told what to do”, Gretchen sternly affirmed.

“I admire your backbone, sweetie, I like grit but only when it’s necessary and the proper time”, Mabel’s smile remaining cheery.

“Now what’s the thing about pie and ice cream, from what I hear the diner has real tasty food”, Mabel added.

Gretchen grumpily acknowledged Miss Walker with a slight nod, “I guess its fine but let’s get to your point since I have to get back to work.”

Mabel delicately gazed over Courtney’s face, “You have a fear of getting fat?”

Gretchen momentarily closed her eyes and took a deep breath, “It’s nothing, really nothing, now about your son, what’s your hang-up about us being friends?”

Mabel looked straight into Gretchen’s eyes, “You have a warped interpretation of the truth, Missy. I can read people like a hunter follows his prey. Yeah, you got a huge bug up that ass of yours about such nonsense. I’ve seen girls, little ol scrawny babes blow up like balloons after reaching thirty. Yep, you can hold it off for a while but destiny is stronger than you, eventually it just happens and you’ll feel embarrassed for awhile until you get used to it. And you’ll almost definitely want to forget you could ever wear short-shorts or fit into a bikini bathing suit. Nope, you‘ll be happy coz you won’t have any anxiety to look perfect and be able to eat your heart out on fried food and sweets without worry.”

“This conversation is making feel uncomfortable”, said Gretchen, just about to leave the booth.
However, Sabrina sat down the ice cream, pie and tall glass of milk in front of her.

“You wanna shut up about being uncomfortable and talk about Albert?” Mabel boldly questioned.

“It’s no wonder your son has issues”, Gretchen off the cuff remarked which caused Mabel to stare her down, “Nothing wrong with Albert, my boy’s entirely fine. Now eat up, Miss Gretchen, and we’ll banter some sensible words.”

Gretchen began nibbling on the food, Miss Walker firmly inquired, “You’re attractive and smart, what’s the reason behind your fondness for Albert?”

Gretchen willingly admitted, “You mustn’t be offend by what I’m going to say, but Albert is a social misfit, I mean he’s seriously heavy, has poor eating habits and to top it all off, he’s immature, and I mean very immature, he either needs psychological help or to get laid.”

“Watch the vile approach, honey”, Mabel blurted.

Gretchen nibbled on a spoonful of ice cream, softly apologizing, “Sorry, Mrs. Cabbage, maybe my honesty is hard to take. But really, I mean Albert does have nice manners and seems decent but he’s sloppy and his wardrobe and grooming needs work.”

“Anything else that you need to clear up!” Mabel practically roared.

“Yes”, Gretchen adamantly informed Mabel, “Albert hasn’t as much as said it but I think he gets picked on at work or at least ridiculed. Sometimes when he comes in, Albert looks like he’s been roughed up pretty good, and some of the regulars here have made some…”

Gretchen lowered her eyes as she continued, revealing a true emotional branch to Albert, “…unkind remarks behind his back about his weight and being stupid, and a momma’s boy.”

The anger in Mabel’s face switched to a relaxed mode, “You really are a dear friend to my boy and not into it for any unscrupulous reason.”

“Yes, I feel bad for Albert, I sense his distraught and would like to motivate him if not just help him feel better about himself and show him some kindness”, Gretchen half-smiled, “I enjoy being his friend if that means anything to you.”

“Then you’ll accept my invitation for dinner?”

Gretchen pushed aside the empty plate, sipping the milk before replying, “No. While I like Albert, he is longing for female companionship in the romantic sense and I don’t want to lead him on.”

“Ah, Albert’s too fat, scruffy, stupid…” Mabel impulsively buzzed.

Gretchen interrupted Mabel, “That’s a little insulting but Albert is a big guy, however, for what its worth, I’m dealing with matters that are none of your business, even if Albert was a sharp looking man, I’d have to skip any sort of relationship at this point in my life.”

Mabel frankly responded, “A girl with a secret, how intriguing and a charming female at that. But I’m not finished with you. I have an appointment at the butcher shop, so we’ll continue this conversation at another time, like tomorrow!”

Gretchen smirked, “You’re used to giving orders!”

“That is true, sweetie, I can’t deny the fact!” Mabel chuckled, subsequently demanding, “Now help pull me out of this damned booth!”

It took both Gretchen and Sabrina to help Miss Walker out of the booth.
Gretchen trailed Mabel outside on route to her car.

“Just a minute, Mrs. Cabbage”, Gretchen said, pushing back her bangs, “I don’t like to be left hanging, why can’t we finish this conversation today and get it over with.”

Mabel held her handbag against her well-insulated hip, “Is there a bar you go to, we can meet there?”

Gretchen huffily affirmed, “I don’t go to bars!” then uttered in sheer aggravation. “Can’t just meet here, the diner is open to Ten.”

“Don’t go to bars, you impress me, girlie”, Mabel smiled, “But what I have to say is private, in this town there’s more gossip than cars off the assembly line. I volunteer at the old folk’s home on Lee road; it’s just round the corner from the filling station. You know it?”

“It’s a little out of my way, you could just visit me at my motel room”, Gretchen suggested.

Mabel softly warbled, “Old bass, he’s a tried and true friend, he’s been running that motel as far back as I remember but his wife, though a considerate woman, is always in people’s business. You’re better off meeting me at the old folks home. I get off at five; wait for me at the parking lot, there’s a few benches off in the courtyard. We’ll talk there.”

Gretchen held her hands to her waist, “Okay, sure.”

An eccentric smile blossomed over Mabel’s face, “What I have to tell ya might be worth yer while.”

“I said I’ll be there”, Gretchen convincingly uttered, “I just don’t understand what’s the big deal.”

“You’re a delightful girl, plenty of guts like I said but not a tough broad, you have what we call in the south, old fashion sweetness, you can’t hide that.”

Mabel opened her car door, subsequently turning as Gretchen began walking away, “Hold on there fer a minute. You don’t date? I can’t fathom a gal as pretty youse not having a fella, is that true?”

Gretchen swerved her face toward Mabel, “I don’t have a boyfriend or date, but I don’t see where that’s your business.”

“You’re not no Liberace?” Mabel boldly inquired.

Gretchen’s brow wrinkled, initially unsure what Mabel meant, upon realizing the nature of the question, she yelled out, “No! I’m not gay and Liberace was a man!”

“Not on my side of the fence he ain’t!” Mabel chuckled.

Gretchen walked back into the diner, exasperated at her introduction with Mrs. Cabbage.
“What’s wrong with that woman? No wonder her boy has such hang-ups, she’s crazy.”

Sabrina folded her arms, “Shoot, sugar, I know she’s a hoot and I’m not saying she owns the town but she sort of does own the town. Most folks treat her like royalty.”

Gretchen walked over to the booth where Mrs. Cabbage sat, grimacing as she picked up the plate, “She’s almost as sloppy as Albert!”

“Well you’ll find Mrs. Cabbage does have a good heart and she’s generous to the poor folks around here!” Sabrina spoke louder than necessary to drive home her point.

Gretchen wagged her head and sighed, grabbing a dish clothe to clean off the messy table.
Sabrina continued, “You know she helps out at the senior home and the VFW, and even gives up a big chunk of change every year when we have our annual town picnic.”

Gretchen finished cleaning off the table, walking with the used plates and forks toward the kitchen, “I’m not saying I’m not impressed but she’s a little crude.”

“You’ll get used to her in time!” Sabrina had yet reduced her voice’s volume.

Gretchen popped back into the diner’s serving area, “Doesn’t matter to me, I’m not looking to get cozy with her.”

Sabrina brilliantly smiled, “She done made you eat ice cream and pie, and you detest sweets.”

Gretchen rested her hand over her waist, puffing up her cheeks and blowing away her loose curls before correcting her friend.

“I don’t detest sweets, I like them just fine. I only chose to have cake and ice cream sparingly, and when I do, I have modest portions, not go overboard like I’m a hog.”

Sabrina heaved a sighed, “You say your words like a poet, and you’ve been to college?”

Gretchen’s expression became taut for a fleeting second, a half-smile drew upon her face, “I like poetry, I read a lot of it. You interested in it?”

Sabrina laughed, “Who the heck got time to read! I’m up to my elbows looking after my kids and my old man!”

Gretchen shook her head, then went about wiping off the menus and refilling the napkin holders.
Sabrina joined, whimsically adding, “You’re a very fine waitress, sugar, if you went to college, you got to have studied waitress work.”

Gretchen wagged her head, emitting a soft chuckle, “Maybe I’m a fine waitress because I enjoy it, ever think about that?”

“Girl, I plumb profess, you’re a baffling young woman like I never met!” Sabrina cheerfully buzzed, “What ever’s a going on with ya, it must be big coz you’re certainly tight lipped.”

“What if I told you I’ve always had an ambition to wait tables, maybe I’m aspiring to be just like you!”, Gretchen humorously replied.

Sabrina saddled up next to Gretchen, roping her arm around Gretchen’s slender waist, “I know that ain’t true. You’re too smart and too attractive to take up this line of work for a career.”

Gretchen rolled her eyes, “Oh I confess, I’m a princess in hiding because my parents are forcing me into an arranged marriage, and the prince is an oaf.”

“Some waitress career bull crap!” Sabrina chuckled, “You don’t even eat the food here!”

Just then a pair of customers walked in, the conversation coming to a close.

Postby Junketh71 » Wed May 06, 2020 10:14 am

This was intriguing and well-written. Thanks for updating!
Junketh71

Postby jimguy » Wed May 13, 2020 2:08 am

No update yet
jimguy

Postby Toby » Thu May 21, 2020 1:08 pm

With a title like that, I can only hope for where this story is going to go. Great work, as usual!
Want to have a story written by me? Send me a direct message and we'll discuss!
Toby

Postby Matt L. » Thu May 21, 2020 10:27 pm

Toby, Junketh71 & Jimguy,

Thank you for reading the story, I’m currently writing the 2nd draft of chapter three and I’ll post it as soon as possible.

Cheers, Matt
Matt L.

Next

Return to Matt L.