Deck of Changes Hollywood (BE, AG, HG, LA, LG, IQ, Race, MG)

Stories, stories, stories, stories, stories, stories, STORIES!
Forum rules
* Have the story title and the author's name in the subject line.
* Story tags are always appreciated.
* If an author has a forum, make sure to post there.
* Have line breaks between paragraphs.
* If you're posting someone else's stories, give them credit.
* Don't Like, Don't Read

Re: Deck of Changes Hollywood (BE, AG, HG, LA, LG, IQ, Race,

Postby compsci1231 » Fri May 07, 2021 5:59 am

Nightshade wrote:Sorry for the delay, its been a rough couple of weeks.

For those who are interested, here is a copy of the game as it stands now, keep in mind that it is still a work in progress and has a few rough edges.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eh80mc569qna4 ... s.pdf?dl=0

This is a good idea have you ever considered turning it into a Ren'Py Game or Twine Game?
compsci1231

Postby SnowServal1 » Sun May 09, 2021 4:28 am

Continuing with the mythology theme, why not add Callisto for growing bear-like features, Arachne for growing spider-like features, Daphne for growing tree-like features, and Medusa for growing snake-like features?
SnowServal1

Postby SnowServal1 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:43 am

So, I went ahead and made a version of the game for a pair of role-players, one Dom and one Sub. I also tweaked and added a few cards. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hljof1hacrgj ... .docx?dl=0

I also adapted the test run of this new version into a story called Deck of Changes: Miami. I will post it in the stories forum.
SnowServal1

Postby Nightshade » Mon May 17, 2021 4:50 pm

SnowServal1 wrote:So, I went ahead and made a version of the game for a pair of role-players, one Dom and one Sub. I also tweaked and added a few cards. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hljof1hacrgj ... .docx?dl=0

I also adapted the test run of this new version into a story called Deck of Changes: Miami. I will post it in the stories forum.

Thanks for the effort / interest?

Did you do anything with the base rules, or just the cards? I have been working on a couple of different alternative rulesets and tweaks myself, wondering what all you went with.

The changes to cards are good, I like the eye color ones.

I wasn't actually going for a fully Greek mythology theme, more a Victorian psuedo-intellectual aesthetic, which means lots of references to classical mythology.

I am mostly into bimbofication and expansion; so most of your new cards aren't really my cup of tea, but customizing the game for other people's fetishes is exactly the right idea. As to why I didn't go with more animal transformations, I am not really into full-furry stuff, and I chose animal features that are pretty common to see as accessories rather than full on anthros.

compsci1231 wrote:
Nightshade wrote:Sorry for the delay, its been a rough couple of weeks.

For those who are interested, here is a copy of the game as it stands now, keep in mind that it is still a work in progress and has a few rough edges.

This is a good idea have you ever considered turning it into a Ren'Py Game or Twine Game?

Not until now... mostly because I had never heard of them before.

I am actually really interested in converting this to some sort of digital format, but I know fuck all about programing. I have been trying to figure out how to get into programming simple text based games or randomizers, but have no idea where to start.
Nightshade

Postby SnowServal1 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:26 pm

I tweaked the rules a little bit to better fit the presence of only one person changing. So I removed effects involving two players. I added a some more cards based on Greek Mythology, but also Vedic traditions and the Major Arcana of a standard tarot deck because I recognized that the general idea was a fusion of timeless/Victorian Occult theme in the original deck. To that end, I added some effects that I am not personally into, but others might be. Though I'm not sure if anyone here would be into the Janus effect. I tweaked it a bit to more closely reflect the deity it references.
SnowServal1

Postby compsci1231 » Tue May 18, 2021 1:58 am

Nightshade wrote:

I am actually really interested in converting this to some sort of digital format, but I know fuck all about programing. I have been trying to figure out how to get into programming simple text based games or randomizers, but have no idea where to start.

I have quite a bit of experience in programming, i dont mind lending a hand. https://tfgames.site/index.php on this site if you browse by game engine, html is where you would fine twine games. Ren'py is under renpy, they both interactive story telling/ visual novel type formats. However they can be manipulated to be full on RPGs if you need to
compsci1231

Postby Nightshade » Thu May 20, 2021 11:43 am

I have finally gotten around to uploaded the revisions I have been working on. Nothing major, just a bit smoother and more structured.

compsci1231 wrote:
Nightshade wrote:

I have quite a bit of experience in programming, i dont mind lending a hand. https://tfgames.site/index.php on this site if you browse by game engine, html is where you would fine twine games. Ren'py is under renpy, they both interactive story telling/ visual novel type formats. However they can be manipulated to be full on RPGs if you need to

Thank you for the offer. I don't have the time to get into seriously looking into programming at the moment, but I will give you a poke when I get a chance to look into this!
Nightshade

Postby catfish » Thu May 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Nightshade wrote:I have finally gotten around to uploaded the revisions I have been working on. Nothing major, just a bit smoother and more structured.

Ha, I was toying with the idea of writing a Deck of Changes story, and had started by making a spreadsheet where I arranged the cards into categories... and it turned out I could have just waited a couple days for you to release this new version! :D
catfish
Transformation Master

Previous

Return to Stories