The Truth Curse (WG BE AE Reality Change) by Fungi & Flowers

Stories, stories, stories, stories, stories, stories, STORIES!
Forum rules
* Have the story title and the author's name in the subject line.
* Story tags are always appreciated.
* If an author has a forum, make sure to post there.
* Have line breaks between paragraphs.
* If you're posting someone else's stories, give them credit.
* Don't Like, Don't Read

Re: The Truth Curse (WG BE AE Reality Change) by Fungi & Flo

Postby blakgers » Thu May 14, 2020 1:47 am

I liked it a lot. I like these sort of extreme transformations, not to fast trying to cope and then the twist at the end that he brought it unto himself. Well done.

There's also a bunch of original transformation in there that I hadn't read before, which was great. Like the clapping ass cheeks. Degrading and original. Very nice. I hope you write more, thanks for sharing.
blakgers

Postby Junketh71 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:59 pm

This was certainly a satisfying conclusion to read. Thanks!
Junketh71
Transformation Grand Master

Postby Jojo » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:24 pm

I absolutely love this story, I'd love to see a continuation of it someday
Jojo

Postby FungiAndFlowers » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:39 pm

Jojo wrote:I absolutely love this story, I'd love to see a continuation of it someday

Thank you!

I liked this story, but I think it's at a difficult place to continue. Do you have any suggestions? Things you'd like to see?
FungiAndFlowers

Postby willwallwont » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:35 pm

I'm also a big fan of this story, and I'm glad to see you're still active on the forum!

I think this story is pretty firmly concluded. What I'd recommend is another story in the same universe.

The only part of the original story I didn't like was the ending. It was really rather grim. I know that's what you were going for, but it kinda bummed me out a little. Different strokes.

What if you did a more lighthearted follow up? Maybe the ring gets stuck on a nicer guy, and he gets all changed around by accident. My first idea is a kinky girlfriend who's into TF roleplay or something. A little misunderstanding and we're off to the races.
willwallwont

Postby Leviathan » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:04 am

It’s one of my favourite stories on this site as well. Yes the ending gets quite grim. The strongest elements to me are the midpoint where he’s just starting to lose control but still has a bit of agency in trying to talk his way out of it. In terms of a continuation, you could have the ring do the same thing to Mary that it did to Jason. It’s pretty clear that she went a bit too far in a few places, and the ring could forcefully start trying to balance out their relationship again. Bit of a never ending cycle until someone starts trying to be nice to each other instead of vengeful.
Leviathan
Transformation Master

Postby queprur21 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:30 am

Personally, I really liked the ending, but I do feel this particular story is pretty nicely complete. A new story would be incredible though!
queprur21

Postby FungiAndFlowers » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:47 pm

I really appreciate this kind of feedback-it's really nice to hear that people liked a story, and that's really encouraging. It helps motivate me knowing people are actually reading things I post!

But criticism, or even just people expressing their preferences about the direction a story took, is really helpful for actually improving my writing and making stories that people will enjoy even more. So thank you so much for the replies!

My favorite stories are ones where lots of negative changes are heaped on a single person (or sometimes a group) and things keep finding a way to push the characters deeper into whatever they're going through. That lends itself well to "bad" endings, but they're not strictly required. Endings where the characters are resigned to their fate or even grow to love the changes they're experiencing can be really good, too.

I think Leviathan's idea of the ring swinging back the other way is actually really interesting. I imagine there would be a story from May's perspective, where the tables turn and she's forced to reckon with how she's treated Jason could be really good, and could support an ending that's a lot more of an arc.

But I've also been thinking about a different story that focuses on a separate couple who are also having relationship issues, and how a series of transformations bring them around to better appreciating the other's perspective. I think it would have a "good" ending.

I assume most people don't have any interest in my personal life, or would even prefer not to know about me-but I'm currently in a weird (but good) spot with my writing. I enjoy it as a hobby, but it's always come slow. It takes a long time for me to draft, write, and edit something to a good spot. But, about 4 months ago, I was diagnosed with ADHD and started on adderall. It's been life changing-completely, unequivocally positive. My only regret is not starting it sooner. This makes it a lot easier for me to write, and I can put things out a lot faster, but I still haven't written any erotica while medicated. I think I'm going to try and write another story to post here, and see how long it takes me to put it together.
FungiAndFlowers

Postby Dombury » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:15 am

This was easily one of the best stories I've read on here. I don't think it needs continuing, however. Personally I enjoyed the second part most, where it had the "game" of being aware/trying to resist the changes. I enjoyed the physical changes, but the way you described the intrusive thoughts, or how the physical pleasure conflicted with their disgust at it. My big two cents would be to do something where the transformees are somewhat aware of the changes.

I'd love to see anything else you cook up, especially something that has an element of punishment, revenge, or even just an unfair bad ending.

If you do want something with a couple that ends up getting a good ending, perhaps they are transformed by some jeleous ex, but in the end, manage to get one over on them, and the ex recieves a fitting punishment. Though personally I thought this story was good because the guy ended up getting what he deserved after altering his partner.
Dombury

Previous

Return to Stories