Interactive Story Development Thread

Want to talk about the site itself -- problems, technical issues, ideas, etc.? Here's the place to do it!

Re: Interactive Story Development Thread

Postby TheoW » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:06 pm

This as simple answer actually. It uses the name you used when you created your first chapter. The idea is that it will eventually grow into a full account system where you can change you name. I can fix it for you if you like.
Pretends to be the boss around here.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby colt361 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:13 pm

Sure that would be great, thank you
colt361
Transformation Master

Postby TheoW » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Got it taken care of then.

Wish I was better at PHP so I can get a proper account system up and running.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby Cinnamon Twist » Tue May 12, 2015 6:48 am

There's a duplicate of the story The Hero Projects on the front page; the two versions are identical and don't have any story branches so one could probably be pruned to keep the list a little cleaner.
Cinnamon Twist

Postby Nobody14 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:29 am

I was in the page where you add text for new additions last night, and when I finished and put how many options people would have, I got a message upon submitting that someone else was working on the chapter I was. It deleted everything I wrote, but still allowed me back into the create new chapter page as if no one else was working on it
Nobody14
Transformation Master

Postby TP123 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:35 am

Loving the amount of effort gone into the Interactive Story section now, it really was a great idea Theo!

I was wondering though, since we have a page now to include all pages within a storyline (which I can't state how useful that is, thanks again), would it be possible to implement a "random page" function in each storyline, that simply does just that, open up a random page? It's just that sometimes, I'm meaning to add to certain storylines, but not quite sure which one to add to first, and I figured with that, I could simply try it until I get to a chapter I'd like to add to? Just not sure if it is possible though?
TP123

Postby Nobody14 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:02 pm

One of my additions to the interactive ended up with the text from a previous post. I put the right text for the option in a something else option. If there is a way to switch the text into the proper spot, or delete the post under this page http://thechangingmirror.com/intstory/s ... ageID=1876 I'd appreciate it
Nobody14
Transformation Master

Postby TheoW » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:32 pm

I'm not sure exactly what needs to be changed, if you can give me exact details?
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby Nobody14 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:37 am

All of the text under the title is from a delegate post I did under the "Blending In" storyline. As it sits now it mentions the wrong characters, and doesn't sync up with the story at all. What I meant to post has been added to one of the something else options on the previous branch of the one I linked earlier
Nobody14
Transformation Master

Postby TrunkKeyFitz » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:49 pm

Hey ya'll, I just started a new story called Malediction. The idea is kinda to focus on more subtle, slow burning changes, but really the sky's the limit. Hope you guys have fun with it!
TrunkKeyFitz
Transformation Master

Previous

Return to Site Issues/Feedback