Interactive Story Development Thread

Want to talk about the site itself -- problems, technical issues, ideas, etc.? Here's the place to do it!

Re: Interactive Story Development Thread

Postby colt361 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:06 am

Not sure if it's been asked yet, but is it possible to put something on the Interactive Stories section to allow you to search through all posts, or at least all posts in a certain story? Just so you don't have to find your way through a whole story to the branch you want?

Has there been any progress on something like this some of the stories are really branching out now and it is being quite cumbersome to find some branches
colt361
Transformation Master

Postby Nobody14 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:40 pm

I have to agree. It is becoming hard to remember how to get to all the different paths in some of the stories. This makes going back to read, or add difficult at times.
Nobody14
Transformation Master

Postby TheoW » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:17 pm

Sadly getting a full text search via PHP is at the moment beyond what I can do, but I have unblocked Google so it should be able to search the interactive stories soon. Hopefully I can add a direct linking on the front page to a site search to improve the situation.

What we really need is accounts and notification, so you can subscribe to a story or a page.
Pretends to be the boss around here.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby colt361 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:55 pm

Cool Google should hopefully help and I agree notifications would be awesome.
colt361
Transformation Master

Postby vladimirpootis » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:14 pm

Likewise! A search function is a great decision in the long run. Though, it did unfortunately get rid of the 'recent addition' section. Will that be added back?
vladimirpootis
Transformation Master

Postby TheoW » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:18 pm

vladimirpootis wrote:Likewise! A search function is a great decision in the long run. Though, it did unfortunately get rid of the 'recent addition' section. Will that be added back?

You managed to catch it as I was working the page :) Search is up and running and seems to be working, and the recent pages are working as well.

In addition I also fixed it so stories don't need to be approved to show up on the main page. That was more of an anti-spam feature, but we never got any...
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby vladimirpootis » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:50 pm

TheoW wrote:
vladimirpootis wrote:Likewise! A search function is a great decision in the long run. Though, it did unfortunately get rid of the 'recent addition' section. Will that be added back?

You managed to catch it as I was working the page :) Search is up and running and seems to be working, and the recent pages are working as well.

In addition I also fixed it so stories don't need to be approved to show up on the main page. That was more of an anti-spam feature, but we never got any...

Thank you very much!
vladimirpootis
Transformation Master

Postby colt361 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:56 pm

Awesome, I love the new search just a quick question, is google still working backwards on the interactive stories because I did a search for the character Liam in the remote interactive and it pulled one branch of the remote but I know the character is in other branches, just curious
colt361
Transformation Master

Postby TheoW » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:51 pm

My guess is that it's still indexing the site.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby colt361 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:54 am

Ok something keeps happening, every time I go to place a new chapter my name is changed from Colt361 to cot361 and I swear I make sure I have the L typed in so I dont know what is happening.
colt361
Transformation Master

PreviousNext

Return to Site Issues/Feedback