Gifted and Talented 14 (groundhog day)

Stories, stories, stories, stories, stories, stories, STORIES!
Forum rules
* Have the story title and the author's name in the subject line.
* Story tags are always appreciated.
* If an author has a forum, make sure to post there.
* Have line breaks between paragraphs.
* If you're posting someone else's stories, give them credit.
* Don't Like, Don't Read

Gifted and Talented 14 (groundhog day)

Postby DrZaaijer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Usual disclaimer based upon Gifted and Talented (MC, IQ-) By Ozhojabbe

This story is different than the rest. I guess writing all the other ones inspire this one. I hope you enjoy the story. :mrgreen:
----------------------------------------------

Susan Corsetti entered the outer office of the school guidance counselor. She wanted to talk to her about her classes. She wanted to take something more challenging. She had transferred to the Whatley Academy about two weeks ago and couldn't stand her classes. They weren't doing anything to get her into a better university.

But Susan felt uneasy. She was having an awful case of deja vu like she had done this before. She wanted to leave immediately. But she couldn't she had to get into some better classes or she would go out of her mind. She forced herself into the room and preceded to the receptionists desk. The name plaque proclaimed the receptionish as Miss Carlene Young.

“How can I help you?” Carlene inquired.

“I have a one o'clock appointment with Mrs. Werner.”

“Are you Miss Corsetti?”

“Yes, I am.”

“I see the appointment here,” Carlene said looking at her computer screen. “She is in with one of the faculty, Mr. Brooks She should be through in a few minutes. Take a seat.”

Susan sat down. There wasn't anything to read in the office and she didn't want to take out one of her own school books so she looked around. What attracted her first was the receptionist. Now that she got a good look at her, she seemed a bit young for the job. But she wasn't dressed like Susan was in the school uniform.

All students had to wear the identical uniform. Every girl had to wear a blue short sleeve banded bottom oxford blouse with the school crest proudly emblazoned on the right chest. The shirt was of course collared with a girls plaid cross tie. She also wore it with a tan straight legged twill pant. The blouse had to be tucked into the pant and the pant had to descend to the bottom of the ankle. If another student could see your socks then the pant was too short. She wore dark stockings and black leather oxford women's shoes. The boys wore an almost identical uniform, except the shirt was called a shirt not a blouse as it buttoned up the other side. The tie they wore was the same color but it was a standard mens tie. The pants were in a male fit and of course they had to wear socks not stockings.

Looking over at Carlene, Susan was a little bit envious. Carlene wore a long herringbone blazer with two buttons neither of which were used. Under the jacket she wore a yellow draped faux wrapped top with a v-neck that showed the lightest hint of her cleavage (what little there was of it.) She wore it with black ankle length skinny jeans. Since she was sitting she was bare foot, but pumps with two inch heels were peeking out from under her desk. She was even allowed to wear it with a pair of studs in her ears. She had a light touch when it came to makeup. It was applied so well that you could hardly tell it was there.

She looked very professional but also very pretty. Susan would kill to be able to show up at school in that outfit. The effect did make Carlene look older. The closer that Susan looked at her face, the more youthful it appeared. For a second there, Susan thought the woman might look even younger than herself if she was dressed more casually.

A moment later, a man left the office. He was clearly an adult and probably part of the faculty but he was dressed in the school uniform. He passed quickly. Maybe the teachers wanted to dress like the students for some reason. But there was something odd. Then it hit her, why was he wearing the plaid cross tie that the girls wore instead of a standard mens tie? She watched him leave the office from the back. “Did that pair of pants have a girls hem in the back?” she thought. No she must be seeing things.

Susan was called into Mrs. Werner's office. Miriam Werner was a middle aged woman professionally dressed in a business suit. She wore a navy pinstripe business suit with a matching vest and a white shirt that buttoned all the way to the top. She wore it with a striped blue and red tie as well as black shoes and black socks. She seemed to be dressed like a man. But it was still very professional.

Miriam looked up, and tried to place the student. Blonde, glasses, no slouch in the looks department (in spite of her school uniform and lack of makeup) and eyes that radiated intelligence. Miriam prided herself on knowing all of the school's students (even if it wasn't much of a feat in a rural school like this), but she was drawing a rare blank here. She nodded and motioned for the girl to sit. Checking her calendar she found that this was Susan Corsetti. She was a recent transfer to the school.

The girl obliged and spoke again. "I know I just transferred in, but I'm not finding my classes challenging enough. I was hoping I could talk to you about fixing that?"

“I'm sorry to hear that the course load your father and I hashed out over the phone isn't to your liking. What exactly is the problem?" Miriam pulled up Susan's profile on her computer.

Susan looked nervous. Somehow she felt like she had done this before. "Well, it's just... At my old school I was in the gifted and talented program, and all of my classes were honors and AP classes. Right now, you guys have me in the same classes that all the other seniors are taking. I've already taken half of the classes I'm currently enrolled in, and even the ones I haven't taken already are painfully slow and, well, easy. Since this is my last year, I was hoping to have more challenging classes to prepare me for college..."

Miriam looked over Susan's records. "I'm sorry Susan, but we're a small district. We've never really had the funding to offer AP and honors classes. I'm afraid your last year might have to be an easy one for you. Look on the bright side, you'll probably be a shoe-in for any college you decide to apply to."

Susan looked crestfallen.

Miriam frowned. This wouldn't do at all. "That said... I might still be able to help you. I do have a way to make your classes more challenging without breaking the school's budget..."

Susan brightened a little. "Really? How?"

Miriam pulled out a red crystal that seemed to shimmer in the light. "With this. Why don't you take a closer look?" Miriam placed the crystal on a stand on her desk.

Susan's excitement faded. Was this some sort of new-agey crystal nonsense? However, as she glanced at the crystal she couldn't help but notice the strange star pattern the light made as it passed through. Even though the crystal upon it's stand was perfectly still, it seemed to move, radiating outward again... and again... and again... Eventually, Susan was just staring, zombie-like at the crystal.

Miriam looked directly into Susan's vacant eyes. They may have looked vacant but Miriam knew better. She had to maintain strict eye contact if this was going to work. "Susan, can you hear me?" Miriam asked.

There was a brief pause before Susan gave a soft, breathy response. "Yes."

Miriam crossed her arms. What was the best way to do this? "You're unhappy because your classes are too easy, correct?"

"Yes."

"Why don't you tell me what's wrong with each of your classes. Let's start at the top, what don't you like about English 4?"

Susan's response was an odd combination of breathy and robotic. "Too easy. Already read everything. Already took AP Literature and Composition."

Miriam raised her eyebrows. "It sounds like you're an avid reader. Is that true?"

Susan said, "Yes. Love reading. Do it. Non-stop."

"Well, if you're going to get the most out of English 4, that needs to change. You actually have trouble reading quickly."

Susan furrowed her brow. "No. Love reading. So many...good memories."

So there was the problem. "Susan, you might like reading but its always a hassle to find time to finish a book you started. You avoid reading when you can get away with it."

Susan seemed to process this.

Miriam nodded. "Alright, Susan. You avoid reading books. You prefer to find summaries online, or to ask your classmates what happened in the last reading."

Susan sat for a long time, a number of emotions passing over her face. Miriam always found it interesting seeing how radical changes played out in a person's psyche. Finally, Susan's face was again neutral.

"Alright, Susan. What do you think about reading?"

Susan had a look of disgust on her face. "Don't like it."

Miriam smiled. "Alright, do you think your English 4 class is going to be too easy for you?"

Susan shook her head, never taking her eyes off Miriam's eyes. "No."

"Okay, moving on. What's wrong with your Calculus class?"

Susan sighed. "Already taken Calculus III and Differential Equations classes."

This should be an easy fix. "Alright, you don't remember taking any Calculus classes. In fact, you haven't really taken Pre-calculus." Catching up halfway through a semester of Calculus was sure to be difficult.

Miriam went through Susan's remaining classes and erased knowledge and altered preferences as necessary. Susan went from conversationally fluent in Spanish, to barely able to string half-remembered vocabulary together. Her knowledge of physics and European history went from a vast ocean to a tiny puddle, and to increase her enjoyment of her "Computer Applications" class she went from a typical Post-Millennial able to easily navigate most computer tasks (and with a tiny bit of scripting and programming knowledge) to a computer illiterate barely able to use Youtube without help.

Miriam questioned Susan and was satisfied that she would find all her classes challenging. However, Miriam still felt like something was missing. She had removed so many of Susan's interests, maybe she should give her some new ones so she wouldn't find her life suddenly strangely empty?

“Susan do you have a boyfriend?”

“No, I usually don't have time with all my course work.”

“That is a shame. A girl who doesn't have at least one boyfriend in high school is truly sad. Susan I want you to start crushing on boys. You can't help yourself. It is very important to find a boyfriend. Especially since the prom is this year. The more time that passes the more desperate you will become.”

Susan processed this final command. It was time to put the crystal away. Without looking Miriam reached for the crystal but she knocked it off it's stand. It rolled off the table and smashed on the floor releasing a blinding light.

Carlene Young entered the outer office of the school guidance counselor. She wanted to talk to her about her classes. She wanted to take something more challenging. She had transferred to the Whatley Academy about two weeks ago and couldn't stand her classes. They weren't doing anything to get her into a better university.

But Carlene felt uneasy. She was having an awful case of deja vu like she had done this before. She wanted to leave immediately. But she couldn't she had to get into some better classes or she would go out of her mind. She forced herself into the room and preceded to the receptionists desk. The name plaque proclaimed his name as Mr. Joseph Brooks.

“How can I help you?” Mr. Brooks inquired.

“I have a one o'clock appointment with Mrs. Corsetti.”

“Are you Carlene?”

“Yes, I am.”

“I see the appointment here,” Joseph said looking at his computer screen. “She is in with one of the faculty, Mrs. Werner She should be through in a few minutes. Take a seat.”

Carlene was happy to sit down. Mr. Brooks was dressed very oddly. He wore a long herringbone blazer with two buttons neither of which were used. Under the jacket he wore a white draped shirt with a v-neck. “What man wore a yellow shirt like that?” Carlene thought. He wore it with black ankle length jeans. “Were those skinny jeans?” He had studs in his ears and was he wearing makeup? His lips looked pinker than they should have been. But even though he was bear foot (no socks), the true giveaway was the pumps with two inch heels laying under his desk. But this is a new millennium, people could wear what they wanted now.................
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like my work and want to see more of it go to http://cowdance.com/Main%20Menu.php. From there you can support me on Patreon. My name on Patreon is itsmetoo.
DrZaaijer
Transformation Grand Master

Re: Gifted and Talented 14 (groundhog day)

Postby Junketh71 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:11 pm

Okay, this was unusual. But I think that it's 'bare' foot, rather than 'bear' foot, though I might be mistaken.
Junketh71

Postby DrZaaijer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:22 pm

You are right, but no one said I could spell or type.

But you should have known what was going to happen when I listed the story category as Groundhog Day. The assumption is that what happened had happened many times before and would happen many times again. Over and over with the same four characters swapping places and outfits. It's an interesting concept, but it's a short story and thus no need to keep writing the same scenario over and over, once through and than start again is enough.
If you like my work and want to see more of it go to http://cowdance.com/Main%20Menu.php. From there you can support me on Patreon. My name on Patreon is itsmetoo.
DrZaaijer

Postby Matt L. » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:19 pm

Your creativity knows no limit. Well done.

Cheers, Matt
Matt L.

Postby DrZaaijer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:46 am

Authors note: I want to play with this idea a little more. Comments welcomed, even if this is all boring (or a mixed up a name in the translation.) :mrgreen:

---------------------------------------------------------

... MIriam desperately tried to reach for the crystal but it was too late. It fell off the table and smashed on the floor releasing a blinding light.

Carlene Young entered the outer office of the school guidance counselor. She wanted to talk to her about her classes. She wanted to take something more challenging. She had transferred to the Whatley Academy about two weeks ago and couldn't stand her classes. They weren't doing anything to get her into a better university.

But Carlene felt uneasy. She was having an awful case of deja vu like she had done this before. She wanted to leave immediately. But she couldn't she had to get into some better classes or she would go out of her mind. She forced herself into the room and preceded to the receptionists desk. The name plaque proclaimed his name as Mr. Joseph Brooks.

“How can I help you?” Mr. Brooks inquired.

“Are you Carlene?”

“Yes, I am.”

“I see the appointment here,” Joseph said looking at his computer screen. “She is in with one of the faculty, Mrs. Werner. She should be through in a few minutes. Take a seat.”

Carlene was happy to sit down. Mr. Brooks was dressed very oddly. He wore a long herringbone blazer with two buttons neither of which were used. Under the jacket he wore a white draped shirt with a v-neck. “What man wore a yellow shirt like that?” Carlene thought. He wore it with black ankle length jeans. “Were those skinny jeans?” He had studs in his ears and was he wearing makeup? His lips looked pinker than they should have been. But even though he was bare foot (no socks), the true giveaway was the pumps with two inch heels laying under his desk. But this is a new millennium, people could wear what they wanted now.

Carlene tried not to stare at the cross-dressed receptionist. It was odd to see a transvestite ordinarily. Carlene didn't think she had ever seen one in the flesh before. But to see one in a rural school in the middle of nowhere was doubly strange. This wasn't a big city like where she came from. This was a small school hundreds of miles from nowhere. Calling this place the Whatley Academy was a stretch in itself. It should be just call Cold Harbor High School, since it was simply the only school in Cold Harbor. Not something ostentatious like the Whatley Academy.

Before she knew it, a woman came out of Mrs. Corsetti's office. She was a middle aged woman. But she was dressed in the school uniform. It was the same uniform that Carlene was wearing. It was the same uniform that all the girls at the school were wearing. Why would an member of the faculty be wearing the uniform of the students. Carlene didn't know. But did it really matter.

“Mrs. Corsetti will see you now,” Mr. Brooks informed Carlene. Mrs. Susan Corsetti wasn't what Carlene expected. Susan didn't look much older than she did. The thing that made her seem more mature was that she was professionally dressed in a business suit. She wore a navy pinstripe business suit with a matching vest and a white shirt that buttoned all the way to the top. She wore it with a striped blue and red tie as well as black shoes and black socks. But even the suit seemed strange it looked like something a man would wear. Not a professional woman. Susan wasn't even wearing any sort of makeup at all.

Susan looked up, and tried to place the student. Brown hair, freckles, a little bit of a bewildered look on her face, despite eyes that radiated intelligence. Susan prided herself on knowing all of the school's students (even if it wasn't much of a feat in a rural school like this), but she was drawing a rare blank here. She nodded and motioned for the girl to sit. Checking her calendar she found that this was Carlene Young. She was a recent transfer to the school.

The girl obliged and spoke again. "I know I just transferred in, but I'm not finding my classes challenging enough. I was hoping I could talk to you about fixing that?"

“I'm sorry to hear that the course load your father and I hashed out over the phone isn't to your liking. What exactly is the problem?" Susan pulled up Carlene's profile on her computer.

Carlene felt nervous. Somehow she felt like she had done this before. It took every ounce of her composure not to just get out of her seat and run from the office. Something was wrong, something was very wrong. But she forced herself to continue. "Well, it's just... At my old school I was in the gifted and talented program, and all of my classes were honors and AP classes. Right now, you guys have me in the same classes that all the other seniors are taking. I've already taken half of the classes I'm currently enrolled in, and even the ones I haven't taken already are painfully slow and, well, easy. Since this is my last year, I was hoping to have more challenging classes to prepare me for college..."

Susan looked over Carlene's records. "I'm sorry Carlene, but we're a small district. We've never really had the funding to offer AP and honors classes. I'm afraid your last year might have to be an easy one for you. Look on the bright side, you'll probably be a shoe-in for any college you decide to apply to."

Carlene looked crestfallen.

Susan frowned. This wouldn't do at all. "That said... I might still be able to help you. I do have a way to make your classes more challenging without breaking the school's budget..."

Carlene brightened a little. "Really? How?"

Susan pulled out a red crystal that seemed to shimmer in the light. "With this. Why don't you take a closer look?" Susan placed the crystal on a stand on her desk.

Carlene's excitement faded. Was this some sort of new-agey crystal nonsense? However, as she glanced at the crystal she couldn't help but notice the strange star pattern the light made as it passed through. Even though the crystal upon it's stand was perfectly still, it seemed to move, radiating outward again... and again... and again... Eventually, Carlene was just staring, zombie-like at the crystal. The fear and everything else faded from Carlene's eyes.

Susan looked directly into Carlene's vacant eyes. They may have looked vacant but Carlene knew better. She had to maintain strict eye contact if this was going to work. "Carlene, can you hear me?" Susan asked.

There was a brief pause before Carlene gave a soft, breathy response. "Yes."

...(It continues as before)... A short while later, Susan was finishing up.

“Carlene do you have a boyfriend?”

“That is a shame. A girl who doesn't have at least one boyfriend in high school is truly sad. Carlene I want you to start crushing on boys. You can't help yourself. It is very important to find a boyfriend. Especially since the prom is this year. The more time that passes the more desperate you will become.”

Carlene processed this final command. It was time to put the crystal away. Without looking Susan reached for the crystal but she knocked it off it's stand. It rolled towards the edge of the table. Carlene desperately tried to reach for it but it was too late. It fell off the table and smashed on the floor releasing a blinding light.
DrZaaijer

Postby DrZaaijer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:07 am

... Carlene desperately tried to reach for the crystal but it was too late. It fell off the ledge of the table and smashed on the floor releasing a blinding light.

Joseph Brooks entered the outer office of the school guidance counselor. He wanted to talk to her about his classes. He wanted to take something more challenging. He had transferred to the Whatley Academy about two weeks ago and couldn't stand his classes. They weren't doing anything to get him into a better university.

But Joseph felt uneasy. He was having an awful case of deja vu like he had done this before. He wanted to leave immediately. But he couldn't he had to get into some better classes or he would go out of his mind. He forced himself into the room and preceded to the receptionists desk. The name plaque proclaimed her name as Miss Susan Corsetti.

“How can I help you?” Miss Corsetti inquired.

“I have a one o'clock appointment with Mrs. Young.”

“Are you Joseph?”

“Yes, I am.”

“I see the appointment here,” Susan said looking at her computer screen. “She is in with one of the faculty, Mrs. Werner. She should be through in a few minutes. Take a seat.”

Looking over at Susan, Joseph was a little bit turned on. She was obviously young, high school age. Probably just a student acting as an intern to help her college transcript or to make a few extra dollars. Susan wore a long herringbone blazer with two buttons neither of which were used. Under the jacket she wore a yellow draped faux wrapped top with a v-neck that showed the lightest hint of her cleavage. The little hint teased him worse than if her tits were fully exposed. There was just a hint of what orbs that were hidden beneath which made it more enticing. She wore it with black ankle length skinny jeans. Since she was sitting she was bare foot, but pumps with two inch heels were peeking out from under her desk. She wore the cutest studs in her ears. She had the right combination of a professional look with jail bait to make her seem incredibly sexy to Joseph. She had a light touch when it came to makeup. It was applied so well that you could hardly tell it was there.

She probably wasn't a student though, since she didn't wear the school uniform. All students had to wear the school uniform. There was only one exception as far as he knew.

Joseph didn't have to wear the school uniform as all the other students had. There was some sort of exception because he was a transfer student. But that didn't mean he didn't have to dress well. He wore a navy pinstripe business suit with a matching vest and a white shirt that buttoned all the way to the top. He wore it with a striped blue and red tie as well as black shoes and black socks. The forty three year old looked like a typical businessman.

Joseph got up to talk to Susan more directly. Maybe he could get her number. But as he arose, Miss Werner exited Mrs. Young's office. He almost bumped into her. “Excuse me," he said. She excused herself and left the office. Then it hit him. Why was an adult woman wearing the school uniform. She was dressed like all of the other students who attended the school. She wore the same blouse, pants and necktie as the girls. That was strange. Why would a member of the faculty be dressed like a student?

But before Joseph could think of an answer, “Mrs. Young will see you now,” Miss Corsetti informed him. Mrs. Carlene Young wasn't what Joseph expected. She looked a lot younger than she should. She looked like just one of the students. She had brown hair in a youthful style, freckles and she wore the same uniform, right down the the plaid cross tie that all the other students wore. There wasn't even a speck of makeup on this girls face. Joseph didn't correct himself even in his mind. This was a girl not a woman. “This little girl was going to help me?” Joseph thought.

Carlene looked up, and tried to place the student. Tall, strong jaw, black hair parted on the left side, a hint of stubble on his cheek. And eyes that radiated a maturity seldom found in a high schooler. Carlene prided herself on knowing all of the school's students (even if it wasn't much of a feat in a rural school like this), but she was drawing a rare blank here. She nodded and motioned for the man to sit. Checking her calendar she found that this was Joseph Brooks. He was a recent transfer to the school.

Joseph obliged and spoke again. "I know I just transferred in, but I'm not finding my classes challenging enough. I was hoping I could talk to you about fixing that?"

“I'm sorry to hear that the course load your father and I hashed out over the phone isn't to your liking. What exactly is the problem?" Carlene pulled up Joseph's profile on her computer.

Joseph felt this was a waste of time. Carlene is just a child. But also he felt that somehow he had done this before. He started to have a bad feeling about this. It took every ounce of his maturity to not give into his fear. Something was wrong, something was very wrong. But he forced himself to continue. "Well, it's just... At my old school I was in the gifted and talented program, and all of my classes were honors and AP classes. Right now, you guys have me in the same classes that all the other seniors are taking. I've already taken half of the classes I'm currently enrolled in, and even the ones I haven't taken already are painfully slow and, well, easy. Since this is my last year, I was hoping to have more challenging classes to prepare me for college..."

Carlene looked over Joseph's records. He was as he said he was. He had taken the top classes at his previous high school. Carlene glossed over that he was still in high school despite being in his forties. "I'm sorry Joseph, but we're a small district. We've never really had the funding to offer AP and honors classes. I'm afraid your last year might have to be an easy one for you. Look on the bright side, you'll probably be a shoe-in for any college you decide to apply to."

Joseph knew this little girl couldn't help him.

Carlene frowned. This wouldn't do at all. "That said... I might still be able to help you. I do have a way to make your classes more challenging without breaking the school's budget..."

Joseph brightened a little. "Really? How?"

Carlene pulled out a red crystal that seemed to shimmer in the light. "With this. Why don't you take a closer look?" Carlene placed the crystal on a stand on her desk.

Joseph's excitement faded. Was this some sort of new-agey crystal nonsense? What was this little girl thinking? However, as he glanced at the crystal he couldn't help but notice the strange star pattern the light made as it passed through. Even though the crystal upon it's stand was perfectly still, it seemed to move, radiating outward again... and again... and again... Eventually, Joseph was just staring, zombie-like at the crystal.

Carlene looked directly into Joseph's vacant eyes. They may have looked vacant but Carlene knew better. She had to maintain strict eye contact if this was going to work. "Joseph, can you hear me?" Carlene asked.

There was a brief pause before Joseph gave a soft, breathy response. "Yes."

...(It continues as before)... A short while later, Carlene was finishing up.

“Joseph do you have a girlfriend?”

“That is a shame. A man who doesn't have at least one girlfriend in high school is truly sad. Joseph is there any special girl?”

“I think Susan is very sexy.” Carlene didn't realize that Joseph meant her receptionist Susan Corsetti.

“Fine, Joseph I want you to pursue Susan. Don't let anything get in your way. You have to have her. Do you understand me?”

“Yes.”

Joseph processed this final command. He didn't need much encouragement. It was time to put the crystal away. Without looking Carlene reached for the crystal but she knocked it off it's stand. It rolled toward the edge of the table. Carlene desperately tried to reach for it but it was too late. It fell off the table and smashed on the floor releasing a blinding light.
DrZaaijer

Postby DrZaaijer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:05 am

… Carlene desperately tried to reach for it but it was too late. It fell off the ledge of the table and smashed on the floor releasing a blinding light.

Miriam Werner entered the outer office of the school guidance counselor. She wanted to talk to her about her classes. She wanted to take something more challenging. She had transferred to the Whatley Academy about two weeks ago and couldn't stand her classes. They weren't doing anything to get her into a better university.

But Miriam felt uneasy. She was having an awful case of deja vu like she had done this before. She wanted to leave immediately. But she couldn't she had to get into some better classes or she would go out of her mind. She forced herself into the room and preceded to the receptionists desk. The name plaque proclaimed the receptionist as Mr. Joseph Brooks.

“How can I help you?” Joseph inquired.

“I have a one o'clock appointment with Mrs. Young.”

“Are you Miss Werner?”

“Yes, I am.”

“I see the appointment here,” Joseph said looking at her computer screen. “She is in with one of the faculty, Miss Corsetti. She should be through in a few minutes. Take a seat.”

Miriam took her seat. With nothing else to do she looked around and found herself staring at the receptionist. He was quite handsome. He was about her age, in his forties, tall, strong masculine jawline, black hair parted on the left side, a hint of stubble on his cheek. He was very sexy, not like the little boys who were her fellow students. True some of the football players and other's had a sexy appearance, but this was a man, not a boy. She wanted a man at this stage in her life.

He didn't dress like a boy as the other boys did. They all wore the same silly school uniform. She thanked god she didn't have to wear one. Because of her age she could wear something more professional. She hoped that Joseph liked her outfit. She wore a long herringbone blazer with two buttons neither of which were fastened. Under the jacket she wore a yellow draped faux wrapped top with a v-neck which cradled her breasts. It was sexy, yet professional at the same time. She wore it with black ankle length skinny jeans and pumps with two inch heels. Her makeup was pretty but understated. She rubbed her ears by her studs trying to draw Joseph's attention.

Joseph knew Miriam was trying to flirt with him. But he resisted the temptation to look up. She was still a student and he could get into a lot of trouble if anything happened.

With Mr. Brooks ignoring her, Miriam's uneasiness reasserted itself. Something about this entire thing was wrong. It was like she had been here before. It was the worst case of deja vu she had ever experienced. She looked at Mrs. Young's office door. Did she really want to be here? She was about to leave when someone left Mrs. Young's office. It was just a girl dressed in the school uniform. “Didn't Joseph say Mrs Young was in with a faculty member?” she thought. “I guess he doesn't know what he is talking about. He's handsome, but not a very brainy person.”

“Miriam, Mrs. Young can see you now,” Joseph said.

Miriam entered the office. A girl was sitting behind the desk with a plaque that declared her name as Mrs. Carlene Young. The girl wasn't anything as Miriam had expected. Brown hair, freckles, a distinctly immature body despite eyes that radiated intelligence. To make matters worse this girl was wearing the same school uniform that the other students were wearing.

"Um... excuse me. Are you the school counselor?"

“Yes happy to meet you, I'm Mrs. Young.”

Carlene prided herself on knowing all of the school's students (even if it wasn't much of a feat in a rural school like this), but she was drawing a rare blank here. Carlene tried to place the student. She wasn't like most of the students she typically saw. This woman was older. She was in her forties, but that didn't mean she wouldn't help her. Her brown hair was professionally styled in a mature cut, her face showed the first hints of wrinkles and her eyes betrayed the intelligence of a above average intellect. She nodded and motioned for the woman to sit. Checking her calendar she found that this was Miriam Werner. She was a recent transfer to the school.

The woman obliged and spoke again. "I know I just transferred in, but I'm not finding my classes challenging enough. I was hoping I could talk to you about fixing that?"

“I'm sorry to hear that the course load your father and I hashed out over the phone isn't to your liking. What exactly is the problem?" Carlene pulled up Miriam's profile on her computer.

Miriam looked nervous. With time to think while Carlene was looking over her records, she thought something is wrong. Something is very wrong, but she couldn't put her finger on it. Somehow she felt like she had done this before. But she continued with her prepared speech. She decided what she was going to say before coming to the office. "Well, it's just... At my old school I was in the gifted and talented program, and all of my classes were honors and AP classes. Right now, you guys have me in the same classes that all the other seniors are taking. I've already taken half of the classes I'm currently enrolled in, and even the ones I haven't taken already are painfully slow and, well, easy. Since this is my last year, I was hoping to have more challenging classes to prepare me for college..."

Carlene looked over Miriam's records. "I'm sorry Miriam, but we're a small district. We've never really had the funding to offer AP and honors classes. I'm afraid your last year might have to be an easy one for you. Look on the bright side, you'll probably be a shoe-in for any college you decide to apply to."

Miriam looked crestfallen. She was in her forties and she was finally going to graduate from high school. It took so long she wanted to go out on top. She wanted to stretch her abilities not just waste time like a slacker.

Carlene frowned. This wouldn't do at all. "That said... I might still be able to help you. I do have a way to make your classes more challenging without breaking the school's budget..."

Miriam brightened a little. "Really? How?" Maybe they would give her some sort of special assignment. That would look great on her transcripts.

Carlene pulled out a red crystal that seemed to shimmer in the light. "With this. Why don't you take a closer look?" Carlene placed the crystal on a stand on her desk.

Miriam's excitement faded. Was this some sort of new-agey crystal nonsense? She should have known that this kid couldn't help her. What was she sixteen years old? However, as she glanced at the crystal she couldn't help but notice the strange star pattern the light made as it passed through. Even though the crystal upon it's stand was perfectly still, it seemed to move, radiating outward again... and again... and again... Eventually, Miriam was just staring, zombie-like at the crystal. The fear and everything else faded from Miriam's eyes.

Carlene looked directly into Miriam's vacant eyes. They may have looked vacant but Carlene knew better. She had to maintain strict eye contact if this was going to work. "Miriam, can you hear me?" Carlene asked.

There was a brief pause before Miriam gave a soft, breathy response. "Yes."

...(It continues as before)... A short while later, Susan was finishing up.

“Miriam do you have a boyfriend?”

“No, the boys here seem so immature to me.”

“That is a shame. A girl who doesn't have at least one boyfriend in high school is truly sad. Miriam I want you to start crushing on boys. I want you to start thinking of the boys here as hot and sexy. You can't help yourself. It is very important to find a boyfriend. Especially since the prom is this year you need one of the students to be your date. The more time that passes the more desperate you will become.”

Miriam processed this final command. It was time to put the crystal away. Without looking Carlene reached for the crystal but she knocked it off it's stand. It rolled towards the edge of the table. Carlene desperately tried to reach for it but it was too late. It fell off the table and smashed on the floor releasing a blinding light.
DrZaaijer

Postby DrZaaijer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Authors note: There might be other iterations of stories here with different combinations of the characters and their clothing. But I decided to give this story a proper ending as such. Comments (even negative ones) welcomed and encouraged.

It starts the same over and over so you can assume that there were lots of iterations that just weren't discussed. If anyone wants to write one go ahead.
-------------------------------------------------------

… Carlene desperately tried to reach for it but it was too late. It fell off the table and smashed on the floor releasing a blinding light.

. . .

… Carlene desperately tried to reach for it but it was too late. It fell off the table and smashed on the floor releasing a blinding light.

. . .

… Miriam desperately tried to reach for it but it was too late. It fell off the table and smashed on the floor releasing a blinding light.

. . .

… Joseph desperately tried to reach for it but it was too late. It fell off the table and smashed on the floor releasing a blinding light.

. . .

… Miriam desperately tried to reach for it but it was too late. It fell off the table and smashed on the floor releasing a blinding light.

Joseph Brooks entered the outer office of the school guidance counselor. He wanted to talk to her about his classes. He wanted to take something more challenging. He had transferred to the Whatley Academy about two weeks ago and couldn't stand his classes. They weren't doing anything to get him into a better university.

But Joseph felt uneasy. He was having an awful case of deja vu like he had done this before. He wanted to leave immediately. But he couldn't he had to get into some better classes or he would go out of his mind. He forced himself into the room and preceded to the receptionists desk. The name plaque proclaimed her name as Miss Miriam Werner.

“How can I help you?” Miriam inquired.

“Are you Joseph?”

“Yes, I am.”

“I see the appointment here,” Miriam said looking at her computer screen. “She is in with one of the faculty, Miss Young. She should be through in a few minutes. Take a seat.”

Looking over at Miriam, Joseph's apprehension rose. She was a woman in her forties, not too much older than he was but she was wearing the school uniform of a typical female student. The same silly blue short sleeve banded bottom oxford blouse with the school crest emblazoned on the right chest. The same plaid cross tie that it seems only little girls in school uniforms wore. The same tan straight legged twill pants. (God forbid that a girl would wear skinny pants instead of straight legged ones.) The same dark stockings and black leather oxford women's shoes.

This place was a model of conformity, not like his former school. He didn't know why his dad made them move all the way out here into the middle of nowhere. Joseph hated it.

Joseph was lucky in one respect. Everyone else (all the students and now it seems some of the staff) had to wear uniforms, but he didn't. They made an exception for him. He had transferred in late and since everything had to be specially made it was impossible for him to have his clothes ready on time. But he had to dress appropriately. He couldn't come to school in jeans and tees like at his former school. He had to dress professionally. Today that meant that he was wearing his long herringbone blazer with two buttons. He needed to keep it's buttons secured. Under the jacket he wore a yellow draped faux wrapped top with a v-neck that showed the lightest hint of his chest hairs. He couldn't let the blouse show too much, that wasn't proper. He certainly couldn't let anyone see the bra he wore underneath to give his chest some definition. It was sort of an unspoken rule that his bra and panties had to match although Joseph didn't know how the administration would find out. He wore it with black ankle length skinny jeans. The jeans had to be neatly pressed and mostly hidden under his blazer. He didn't wear any socks with his pumps with two inch heels. But he could if he wanted too as long as they were nude stockings or tights. He wore small studs in his ears. He had a light touch when it came to makeup. He had to have a natural look or they would make him clean it off.

Joseph sat in one of the chairs with his legs crossed at the knees. He was here to get his classes changed into something more challenging. But as he waited he became more and more apprehensive. He didn't think anything could be done. He didn't know there were more advanced classes. But that was besides the point, everything seemed wrong some how.

He looked up again, Miss Warner was twirling her hair with one of her fingers. Then she took out a stick of gum and started to chew it. First this woman was dressed like a student and now she was acting like one. This place is getting weirder and weirder.

A moment later, a little girl (well a teenager actually, but she had freckles on her face and a little button nose like a high school sophomore) exited Mrs. Corsetti's office, she was wearing a men's suit and tie. But despite wearing men's clothes she was skipping out of the office like the girl she appeared.

Carlene stopped at Miss Werner's desk and told her, “I'll send one of my students to pick up the books. Can you have them ready by 2:30.”

“This little girl is a teacher here? What is wrong with this place?” Joseph wondered. "The people are acting so strange!"

A moment later, Mrs. Corsetti appeared at her door, she was dressed identically to Miriam. She wore the same girl's uniform as all the other students. But unlike Miriam she was indeed just a teenager. Joseph also knew that this girl was the guidance counselor. Somehow between his bad feelings and seeing the youth of the supposed guidance counselor Joseph decided it wasn't worth it.

He got out of his chair and ran as fast as he could in his two inch pumps.

End. (at least for now)
DrZaaijer

Return to Stories