Missing story

Looking for stories (or links or ... ) in a certain transformative genre? Looking for a story you can only half-remember? Ask for guidance from your fellow members here.

Missing story

Postby div » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:17 am

Over at Fantasy Feeder a story has popped up recently under the title 'Scarlet'. So far it seems to be little more than remake of an earlier story there named 'The Sting'. I wonder if someone besides me remembers the original story from about a decade ago which I possibly encountered at Dimensions.

The plot and the characters are similiar to that of the afore mentioned pieces and I seem to recognize in 'The Sting' more then accidental resemblance here and there.

If my memory is consistent the story was rather short may be about half a dozen scenes but quite complete. There was a female housekeeper with malicious intent entering a family of four with the mother missing. A well to do or wealthy father, prepubecent twin brothers, and a daughter just about leaving for college at the start. Maybe there later was another female character related to the housekeeper but younger. When the dauther returns for a break she finds a family which got dependent to a degree on the housekeeper and all of them fattened up especially the twins. From there she tries to save the family without ever really cottoning on to the housekeeper. Eventually she fails and falls under influence of the keeper herself with expected consequences.

The story came to me at the time of having a lot of potential for something grander. For the life of me I cannot remember the author or the title and for what made the story work just the same: no idea. I am quite sure I have it saved up somewhere but it's like like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I'd be grateful if someone would come up with some pieces of information about the original story and share it with me.

Thank You!
div
Transformation Master

Re: Missing story

Postby div » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:04 am

Update!

The story is still lost and no replies here. That is a shame but does not come unexpected. It was a long time ago after all.

It possibly was discarded from the dimensions board because of involvement of minors. A shame again as there were no nasty suggestions or background music playing as far as I remember but a rather plausible cause to its disappearance.

Maybe that aspect helps someone to remember something.
div
Transformation Master

Postby Leviathan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:09 pm

I read almost everything on Dimensions but I do not remember that one. A few years ago the moderators removed a ton of content to avoid any possible legal issues. Stories with even a hint of underage characters no matter how little were removed. I kind of stopped checking that site shortly after as it sort of went downhill since then.
Leviathan
Transformation Master

Postby div » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:21 am

Thank you for the reply, Leviathan!

If it was not at dimensions It had be one of those dead boards or an even older and no less dead community which would put the posting date possibly back a few more years. I am not fully convinced but cannot rule it out either! Sadly dimensions is not the only board suffering from content draining.
div
Transformation Master

Return to Looking For ...