Looking for role reversal style stories

Looking for stories (or links or ... ) in a certain transformative genre? Looking for a story you can only half-remember? Ask for guidance from your fellow members here.

Looking for role reversal style stories

Postby Heather » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:07 pm

Hi all. I just wanted to come on here after a fairly long absence and see what's new with everyone and see if starting the new year I can find some new things to read.

I came on yesterday and was absolutely blown away by Domesticating Myself (which you should read if you haven't already). It really helped me narrow down a type of story I'm looking for amid would love everyone to share ones they enjoy of this type (not cow girl stories... Or not necessarily cow girl stories lol).

Basically I enjoy reading stories where two characters decide to reverse roles. Swap places. It can be magical or scifi or surgical or whatever. The two swap places and one character gets a much better life and the other doesn't. Perhaps they want to degrade themselves or they have an ulterior motive whatever. But they ultimately enjoy it but the one that gets the better life wants it to be permanent and the other may play at it being permanent and maybe even consider it but when some major dynamic is changed (character death like in Domesticating, or something else) they want to change back and the other one has taken every step to insure they can't. It can be transgender or f2f or even animal and inanimate swaps.

I love stories like this. I believe that's what I enjoy the most. The "I want to swap...oh no I hate it, let's swap back. You won't and it's too late" trope I affectionately refer to it as.

That's why I loved Emma's work (I miss her so much), and Belladonnas work too. But I'd love to see some links or recommendations. So please share them. I'd love to see what you guys like from this trope and maybe find some new authors and new favorite stories. And all while making new acquaintances for the new year.
Wanna work my shift?
Heather

Postby Tetora » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:28 pm

Last edited by Tetora on Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tetora

Re: Looking for role reversal style stories

Postby avocat27 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:26 pm

Since you mentioned the late, great Emma Finn in your post, I assume you've already read it. However, for those who haven't, I strongly recommend "Turning Around", which I think is one of her very best stories.
avocat27
Transformation Master

Postby Iggy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:51 pm

I always liked "The Blue Orb" in the Orbs of Change series...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1511
Iggy

Postby Heather » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:39 am

I adore "The Blue Orb" story. That's easily my favorite in that series. I would love to see more like it. And "Turning Around" is my favorite of Emma's stories after "The Cleaner" can't recommend her work highly enough. It's so perfect.
And Tetora I have started on your suggestions. I love Pumpkin so far. Great build up and the twist at the end (if you want to call it that lol) was a great raise in the stakes.
I'm trying to get through the Lady's to Maids site. I'm intrigued by the serial style of some since it's similar to Emma's but I love a good finished story all at once. But I'm going to save your maids story (aka the best) for last as I want something amazing to end it with. I already love your work and I'm sorry I'm just now discovering it. You're great and I am still rereading Domesticating Myself. It's such a great read.

Any more suggestions everybody? I'd love to read more. Especially since I'm probably getting snowed in for the weekend. I'll have a lot of time on my hands. Lol.
Wanna work my shift?
Heather

Postby Camille » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:46 pm

Hello, Heather,

looks like Tetora already beat me with suggesting my blog, Ladies Becoming Maids, as well as with suggesting Jsmt's stuff (which you should read if you haven't already as he said recently he's pull all his stories, even though I am not entirely sure it's technically possible).
If you are looking for finished stories, as opposed to serialized ones, apart from the ones mentioned by Tetora (btw, you should also read her "Adolescent Ambition", I am sure you'd enjoy it as much as Domesticating Myself), I can recommend the following stories centering on role swap (as opposed to just social drop alone) from my library: Model Maid (supermodel and Chinese maid swap lives, there is also a comic based on the story), Transformation of a Middle-Class Woman (a maid convinces the lady to take her place, a true classic), The Demise of Lady Charlotte Rhodes (lady tricked by own maid to swap roles), The Borrowed Gown and its sequel The New Life (rich spoiled girl switches places with her Black uneducated maid). These are just from the top of my head, there are many more in the library.

Camille
My blog on ladies and maids swapping roles: http://lady2maid.blogspot.com/
Camille

Postby bit » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:07 pm

Last edited by bit on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bit

Postby Heather » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:58 pm

Camille I am starting to enjoy your site more and more. I'm a fan of the revenge story that's on part 4 right now. That one is shaping up to be a good story. I did just read Lady Charlotte too. That one was enjoyable. I can see now that it influenced a lot of people as the name Charlotte is in quite a few stories lol. Domesticating Myself really blew my mind and I'm seeing that there are more I'm getting into there as well. I really came from a secretary background of stories like that (being a secretary myself) so it's been something new to see the maid angle with new eyes. I've enjoyed the few of Belladonnas stories involving maids so I really should have been more into this area sooner. Thank you for the invite. I'm enjoying my stay in the Lady's Quarters there lol.
Bit thank you for some links and I think a new one or two. I forgot a Contracted Change. That story was my fav a year ago. I couldn't stop reading it. It's absolutely amazing. It took my breath away with its description after the swap. I wasn't a fan of it's ending but it's a definite Must Read for everyone. And side note...The Contract has a sequel and if you read it you may see who gave Bella the idea for that one has a very similar name to someone on here. Hmmmm....lol. And honestly Assuming the Position is the best one she's done in the maid/cleaner genre in my opinion. It's so good. And I'm a huge fan of plain girl transformations. Men becoming shorter or chubbier women also. That always makes me happy. But I have some reading to get to. I think it's going to be a lot of fun seeing what all I have here. But don't worry I'm a hungry girl. I'll come back for more lol.
Please keep it up. I think this is becoming a great resource for this type of story right here. I think people could just come to this post and see so many great ones laid out before them. Everyone here is marvelous. I love you all.
Wanna work my shift?
Heather

Postby bit » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:59 pm

Last edited by bit on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
bit

Postby bit » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:23 pm

Last edited by bit on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bit

Next

Return to Looking For ...