Looking for women being downgraded to someone else’s level

Looking for stories (or links or ... ) in a certain transformative genre? Looking for a story you can only half-remember? Ask for guidance from your fellow members here.

Looking for women being downgraded to someone else’s level

Postby Ecole1994 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:48 pm

Hey, I need assistance with two things. First, this is driving me crazy since I’m pretty sure I first read this no more than a year ago, but now I can’t find it. It’s a short story set in an all-female sales department, where the newest member has quickly become the department’s top earner, thanks in large part to her youth, her beauty and her clothes. This has generated a lot of resentment among her coworkers, who believe strongly in the seniority principle, that the best listings and commissions should go to the women who’ve worked there the longest, while the newest employees should put in their time getting the crappiest listings and following directions first. So they arrange for her to be held as their prisoner someplace remote for two weeks, while everyone thinks she’s “on vacation”. By the time they’re through with her, her outward appearance has changed so much that you almost can’t recognize her, but more importantly they appear to have thoroughly indoctrinated her, so that now she’s more than happy to take on all the jobs no one else wants, because she’s the new girl, that’s all she’s allowed to have. The end.

Second, along related lines, in the majority of the downgrade stories that I see, either one woman starts out at the top, while another woman is at the bottom, and then over time they switch places so that the first is now last, and the last is now first. Or maybe the second woman remains exactly the same person she is throughout, while the first woman goes from somewhere above her, to somewhere far below her. Whatever the case may be, most of the time it seems like the woman being downgraded ends up significantly uglier/fatter/poorer/dumber/trashier/etc than the other main character(s). I’m more interested in stories where the downgraded female finds herself on a relatively EQUAL footing with the other character(s), as opposed to becoming INFERIOR to them.

Like I’m a really big fan of both “Office Romance” and “Busman’s Holiday” by blurmy, and part of the reason is that in both stories, the protagonist is definitely downgraded when compared to the other women in their old lives, such as their lovers and friends. But when compared to the other female characters in the story, her looks are now similar to the others, her weight is similar, her living situation and finances are similar, etc, etc. And she doesn’t even mind becoming a Mini-Me version of a fat, unfashionable middle-aged woman laughed at by coworkers, because she’s in love with her new girlfriend. Or mind giving up a big corporate job to become another one of the overweight, lowly chambermaids at a hotel, because she’s been accepted by the others and all her job stress is gone.

Can anybody recommend any other good stories where the protagonist is downgraded from being beautiful and successful, and dragged down to become not a hideous freak, but a drab, dreary, ordinary mediocrity, no different from the other woman or women in the story? And maybe she even prefers it that way? I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
Ecole1994

Re: Looking for women being downgraded to someone else’s lev

Postby blurmy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:45 am

Thank you for the kind words about those stories of mine. I'm glad you enjoyed them.
Sorry I can't help with finding that story for you, I remember it fondly, just wish I could remember the author or even the title!
blurmy
Transformation Master

Postby MemberX » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:44 pm

I concur. Too many downgrade stories want to go way over the top. There's something more satisfying about being made to blend in with the lowly rank and file.
MemberX

Postby Ecole1994 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:17 am

I finally found it! It was the Bittys by Tcheser! :)
Ecole1994

Postby blurmy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:18 pm

I knew it!
I was searching Biddy's lol
blurmy
Transformation Master

Postby Vended » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:31 pm

Could you post a link to it? :]
Vended
Transformation Master

Postby blurmy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:23 am

blurmy
Transformation Master

Postby Vended » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:58 pm

Thank you blurmy! A great read. :D

The story big flaw, though, is that it never explain why she doesn't go to the police and sue them to the ground once let free.
Vended
Transformation Master

Postby Ecole1994 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:03 am

Vended wrote:Thank you blurmy! A great read. :D

The story big flaw, though, is that it never explain why she doesn't go to the police and sue them to the ground once let free.

It seems like they indoctrinated/brainwashed her in some way so that, by the end, she actually AGREED with their views on the seniority system. So she doesn’t have them arrested because she probably believes she deserved what she got. That’s also probably what is stopping from her from getting her hair fixed, buying new clothes, letting her nails grow back, etc. I do agree, however, that it would have been nice for more of her captivity to have been shown, so that we could have seen how they accomplished that. I suspect more spankings were involved. But at least we could have gotten an idea of what a typical day for her was like.
Ecole1994

Return to Looking For ...