Interactive Stories Update!

Announcements from The Changing Mirror's administrators.

Interactive Stories Update!

Postby TheoW » Mon May 29, 2017 1:38 pm

In order to help fight the spam we've been dealing with and over all junk you will now need to have an account to create new stories or pages on the interactive story site. You can still view the pages (and all the old content is still there), but that is all you can do.

This is the first of a number of updates being added to the site, though it should be the only disruptive one.

If you run into any issues or bugs post them in the Interactive Story Development Thread and I can try and fix them.
Pretends to be the boss around here.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Re: Interactive Stories Update!

Postby Kappa Evil Foot » Tue May 30, 2017 9:41 pm

:D That's awesome. Hope it wasn't too stressful for you. It wasn't really fair that you had to make a change, but they kinda made a flood of spam. Thumbs up :D
Kappa Evil Foot
Transformation Master

Postby Burke_Rakers » Tue May 30, 2017 9:46 pm

Thank you so much, TheoW!
Burke_Rakers
Transformation Grand Master

Postby TheoW » Tue May 30, 2017 10:12 pm

Thanks guys. I'm glad you approve of the changes. Hopefully it won't be a big issue for using the site and I'll be finding tuning it as things go on as well as putting together tools to be able to deleted the existing spam. I can do it manually, but it's a rather involved process so it's not easy to do. Thankfully @NeoMatrix98 has sent me a rather complete set of links to spam posts so I'll be able to pull them out when I have the tools.

Hopefully for now there won't be any new spam and you can go back to using the site :)
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby andres202 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:10 pm

How do you write a forgiving story for my ignorance is that I am new attentively andres 202
andres202

Postby Phoenix10 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:51 pm

There's a flood of spammers currently destroying the interactive page - they've somehow hacked into the system and are inputting their own gross choices every time I update. Not sure if they'll burn themselves out and stop or what. I find it kind of hilarious that there are people out there willing to spend this much time and effort for literally nothing but a laugh in return. It's disgusting.
Phoenix10

Postby TheoW » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:26 pm

That one looks like it's my fault. I still haven't quite gotten the delete pages thing working perfectly and sometimes some things might get left behind.

EDIT: Okay, I should have cleaned up a majority of the problem links so hopefully this won't happen anymore. I tried to clean up the links on your post, but if I screwed anything up just tell me what I need to add and I'll add it.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby Burke_Rakers » Wed May 18, 2022 2:22 am

Okay. After a brutal open-close day that ender during a storm (and me not in the mood to drive home in that mess) I spent 3 hours tippity-tapping a post on the interactive story site, and when I was a done I kinda hated it. But it was just top much work to NOT post, so post it I did.
https://thechangingmirror.com/intstory/ ... geID=14568

In retrospect, it's not as bad as I'd feared...
Burke_Rakers
Transformation Grand Master

Postby Anzaleth » Wed May 18, 2022 8:35 am

Burke_Rakers wrote:Okay. After a brutal open-close day that ender during a storm (and me not in the mood to drive home in that mess) I spent 3 hours tippity-tapping a post on the interactive story site...

So excited to see a post from you! They're always so unique and weird and fun. I never expected to see Wonder Woman become a version of Comet the Super-Horse.

Return to Announcements