Opinion on Jumanji?

Want to talk about transformation of any sort? Not covered by one of the subforums ("looking for", linkage, etc.) detailed below? Here's your place to do it!

Opinion on Jumanji?

Postby Kappa Evil Foot » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:02 pm

Saw the new trailer for Jumanji the other day.

TO THOSE WHOVE SEEN THIS TRAILER, what's your opinion about a vain high school girl turning into an explorer version of Jack Black?

I didnt really wanna watch the movie at first, but the trailer hooked me in. Even if it sucks I gotta watch it :lol:
Kappa Evil Foot
Transformation Master

Re: Opinion on Jumanji?

Postby catfish » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:32 pm

Kind of wish they'd gone the other way and had a guy become Karen Gillan, but I can understand why they didn't. (Too much playing with his own boobs, not enough fighting off animals.)

My problem with the movie as a whole is this: in the original "Jumanji," the game was causing the jungle to escape into the real world, and so it seemed to be creating real danger for everyone. In this sequel, it appears to all be taking place in a video-game world, so it's apparently only dangerous to the four players. In other words, the stakes actually seem lower than they were in the first movie.
catfish
Transformation Master

Postby Kappa Evil Foot » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:32 am

End of the day, the movie's a cash grab.

And you're right, the Karen Gillan way totally would've gone pervy dude exploring his new body route. Also, not really into her American Accent, I'd rather she be Scottish. It just doesn't sound right to me.

And I'm aware of this, they've basically done The Hot Chick but the Jack Black way.

I still wanna see it, though.

The movie is bound to disappoint, but I really wanna see how they tackle the tf's. Will Jack Black eventually like being Jack Black? Will the teenage girl that he actually is come out and decide there's things about being an overweight, middle aged man that she wants? I'm probably expecting too much from that movie. :lol:
Kappa Evil Foot
Transformation Master

Postby estranhosidade » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:08 am

Pretty interesting. I liked the first movie, in end the adult woman gets up time travelling and becomes a little girl again.
estranhosidade
Transformation Master

Postby Kappa Evil Foot » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:46 am

Well, after that, she grows up again with Robin Williams. Which kinda sucks. I mean, who wants to go through puberty twice? I don't. :lol:
Kappa Evil Foot
Transformation Master

Return to General Transformation Talk