What makes nerd transformations so appealing?

Want to talk about transformation of any sort? Not covered by one of the subforums ("looking for", linkage, etc.) detailed below? Here's your place to do it!

What makes nerd transformations so appealing?

Postby John2344 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:28 pm

For some reason I love the idea of a Blonde All American cheerleader type

becoming a meek bookworm with shorter darker hair and thick glasses.

And have her put on weight as well.

Chubby cheeks and a double chin combined with the thick glasses would make her younger and cuter.
John2344

Re: What makes nerd transformations so appealing?

Postby Syphon » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:04 pm

For me it's about someone pretty and outgoing and confident and successful becoming meek and timid, relegating them to something of a societal outcast from then on.

I really don't like nerd tfs that are super over the top, with the transformed person becoming hideous. Nerds can still be cute, and I don't mean in a Belle Delphine wearing glasses sort of way :D

But it's their attitude changing that's the real clencher in the transformation for me. Going from pretty to plain is ancillary to becoming shy, cripplingly insecure and socially awkward. For me, the best nerd tfs lean on that aspect.

Someone wrote a fantastic life/bodyswap story on Deviantart where the pretty popular girl has her life, her body, her boyfriend and her body swapped bit by bit by a shy, chubby, socially awkward Swiftie.

Another author wrote a TG where a failing student unwittingly enters into a deal to become his teacher's assistant for a chance at better grades... and ends up suffering a unforeseen twist in the deal.

[spoiler]Despite now having massive intelligence, she's rendered too anxious and insecure to pass any tests[/spoiler]
Syphon

Postby TGFUN1 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:05 pm

Do you have a link to either of these stories (especially the first one)?
TGFUN1

Postby pinkhippo99 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:11 pm

TGFUN1 wrote:Do you have a link to either of these stories (especially the first one)?

Both sound like PTCardinal stories. If you look through their gallery, you'll probably find them: https://www.deviantart.com/ptcardinal/gallery/all
pinkhippo99
Transformation Grand Master

Postby Tenet1881 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:30 pm

Well, that's a big glow up.
Tenet1881

Postby Syphon » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:37 pm

pinkhippo99 wrote:
TGFUN1 wrote:Do you have a link to either of these stories (especially the first one)?

Both sound like PTCardinal stories. If you look through their gallery, you'll probably find them: https://www.deviantart.com/ptcardinal/gallery/all

Yeah! Sorry, I didn't see this.

It's PTCardinal "I Deserve Him More Than You" and "The Professors New Pet"
Syphon

Return to General Transformation Talk