Does the transformation community need Patreon like website?

Want to talk about transformation of any sort? Not covered by one of the subforums ("looking for", linkage, etc.) detailed below? Here's your place to do it!

Does the transformation community need Patreon like website?

Postby TheBatMantis » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:02 pm

Hello I apologize if this is the wrong place for this it seemed like the best place.

I am a lurker on here for a long time but never started an account. I have been a lurker since the original site Forever Changing was up and I wanted to see if the community felt the same way I did. I am looking to start a website and wanted the opinion of the community on the subject.

Recently Patreon has talked about changing the grounds on some of the adult content that will be carried on their website. I personally feel this is wrong even though I completely understand why they are but I feel that it is censorship and will cause several creators to leave the platform altogether and hurt the entire transformation community. Most creators aren’t big enough to warrant their own site.

The site I am looking to create would try and be a place where creators and fans had a place to go sort of like The Changing Mirror but that mainly focused on paid content so creators can keep creating. I want to run this as a place for the people not as a for profit site. I want to try and use the profits to keep the site running and encourage a community there. Maybe offer a commission for a give a way or encourage a paid story or comic collaboration.

I just wanted you the fans of transformation contents thoughts on the matter and if there was even a market for what I hope to do. Please be honest I just don’t want to waste my money because it is a substantial amount for me but I feel it is needed though. Is it something you would want though? Would you support a creator you liked if they published on a new website?
TheBatMantis

Re: Does the transformation community need Patreon like webs

Postby colt361 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:12 am

I like the idea of a Pateron site that is dedicated to adult content. I almost created an account there, but now I don't think I will.

You probably have read this article but I will link for others who might not be aware.

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/patreon-fo ... ation-ban/
colt361
Transformation Master

Re: Does the transformation community need Patreon like webs

Postby div » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:20 am

Hello!

Sad as it is once there is money in it trouble begins. Money can be lost and gained, you can be sued effectively, your neck can be bowed.. That is the horse upon which censorship comes riding in. Game lost concerning freedom of expression.

Not a new finding. I remember reading German translations of works by Greek philosophers Epiktet and Epikuros in close succession in my youth. Though the former was the Stoic I think it was the latter who proclaimed that you better tame your stomach if you pursuit freedom.

I will not discuss here what a Greek philosopher meant by freedom but I still think old Epikuros can deliver a nice punch.

Kind Regards!
div

Return to General Transformation Talk