Lady Ann's Greatly Extended Holiday - Epilogue

Moderator: EmmaFinn

Lady Ann's Greatly Extended Holiday - Epilogue

Postby EmmaFinn » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:23 am

Once the horses were put safely away, Burt paused, thinking about the conversation he had just shared with Lady Ann.
That was who she truly was now. And he was truly Burt. For a week he had felt the crushing sense that he was going to be Burt forever but the tiny doubt had always been there that her ladyship might return and make the exchange with him.
This was entirely different. By making this final decision he had closed the book on that part of his life forever by his own choice. He was never ever going to go back to being Lady Ann again. He was going to enjoy this humble life instead, such as it was.
He pondered for a moment if that was a foolish choice, but he knew that it wasn’t. It felt right and this time it really did feel permanent.
To his mind the most crucial part of it had been his refusal to take any extra money from her ladyship. He didn’t want to be reminded of his past life or connected to it in any way. He had decided to just live a normal life as a hard working man, a tiny but important cog in the workings of Griply Hall. He knew his place and he knew he would never broach the subject of exchanging with Lady Ann again. In time, he might even forget that he had ever been a lady. He already had such an abundance of Burt memories and so few Ann ones. He fully expected in the fullness of time to reach a point where there was nary a trace left for him to consider; where days, weeks, months and even years would go by without him thinking about how it used to be; happily chuntering along in his own little way.
And as for Lady Ann... He understood now that the cultural barrier could never be crossed; that no matter how much he had been in love with her it could never have worked out. Their characters were simply too different and animal attraction wasn’t enough to carry a love for the decades of marriage.
No. It was high time he put that mad infatuation behind him and he resolved instead to put Mavis first – to dedicate his life to making her happy and possibly even making an honest woman out of her in good time.
He smiled. He liked the sound of that. That wasn’t a bad idea at all. Maybe he should look into where he could get a ring over the next couple of days and start thinking about the most romantic way he could propose...
He wandered out into the early evening light and saw Harry sitting there on the back of the cart. There was a long frozen moment between them, framed by the fact that Burt had just stolen the Earl’s horse and had yet to get his comeuppance.
Then Harry gave Burt a nod and went back to his whittling. “How’s about gettin them sheep fed Burt,” he said and nothing more.
Burt looked back at him for a moment then bobbed his head. “Yes sir. Right away. That’ll be my pleasure.”
He scurried off to get the food sack, questioning himself only one last time about whether he’d made the right decision.
He walked quietly toward the barn then he smiled to himself.
He had. Definitely.
There was no better life than being a strong hard-working man – no better sense of pride and purpose – and by gum he was grateful for it.
And he always would be.

Four hours later, Ann was still working on her embroidery while her mother and aunt twittered away, gossiping about the troubles with servants and the difficulties in finding a really first class seamstress.
Ann sighed heavily, looking about the room at the children playing on the floor: Reggie with his train, Felicity with a dolly – at Hattie still reading the same book silently – at Richard with his papers, making notes on his next financial gambit.
“I’ll tell you which servant does a terrible job around here,” he said, looking up. “That stable hand. I’ve never seen a more useless waste of air and water.”
The older women giggled.
“Not only is he lazy but he’s dirty and extremely limited in intelligence.”
The Countess and Aunt Geraldine laughed again.
Ann got to her feet. “Perhaps if you’d ever lifted a finger yourself then you’d be qualified to judge,” she said. “As it is, I suspect you’d have a heart attack if you had to face half a day doing Burt’s job.”
Richard’s mouth flapped open and closed like a fish, as did the mouths of the middle-aged ladies. Ann smiled politely and left the room.
She paused outside, listened to the hubbub of indignation coming from behind the door and smiled all the more broadly. She really wasn’t sure whether Lord Richard Hurley was man enough for her.
Still smiling, she left the house at the rear and wandered through the garden, slowly gravitating toward the side of the house and the path down to the stables.
There were no thoughts in her head specifically but she was drawn that way nonetheless. As she approached the stable building she saw Mavis coming up the drive and Burt emerging to meet her. Harry seemed to have gone home. Ann ducked back out of sight and spied on the couple as they embraced and kissed one another deeply. She touched her lips with her fingertips to remember what that had felt like.
To be a man and to have that kind of sexual freedom…
Burt and Mavis broke their embrace and walked round the side of the building toward the back stairs and Ann crept after, not sure why exactly, but thoroughly hooked by the thrill of spying on them.
The couple climbed the stairs and went inside, unaware that she was watching, and immediately laughter and shrieks of playful pleasure came through the window.
Ann crept up the creaking steps, hoping they wouldn’t hear her above their hullabaloo. They didn’t seem to.
When she reached the hay barn door she nestled against it, peeping through the cracks in the wood, watching the pair disrobe and start to fondle one another; as they fell laughing onto the bed, already in a tight clinch.
Had she made the wrong choice she wondered? Should she have insisted they change back? Did Burt have a better life?
Or should she have accepted his advances, no matter how socially inappropriate they were?
“I love ye more deeply than you could ever know,” he had said. “I love ye inside and out. I know ow frustrated and trapped ye feel and ow much you want passion and excitement; because I used to be you. And I could give you that passion. You know that, don’t ye?”
I could give you that passion.
And suddenly Ann realised she wasn’t watching them make love wishing that she’d swapped back with Burt after all.
She was watching them, wishing that she was Mavis; wishing she could make love to that wonderful, virile, masculine man on equal terms, without any class barriers between them.
The realisation staggered her. It terrified her.
But after all... she still owned the pendant. That was a fantasy she actually had the power to achieve,
Ann chewed her lip, her eyes sparkling, as the beginnings of a plan started to form in her mind.
Surely she wouldn’t dare to do such a thing.
But how wonderful it would be? How could she resist such a thing?
She smiled and the smile became a grin.
She only wondered if she would have the gumption… and the recklessness… to go through with it.

to be continued…

... in Lady Ann’s Folly, currently being released in serial form on http://transformation-stories.blogspot.co.uk/

Please leave a review!
Read the extra extended version of Lady Ann’s Holiday available on Amazon
For more of my stories, check out: http://transformation-stories.blogspot.co.uk/
For updates on releases, follow me on Twitter @emmafinnuk
And read my transformation novels on Amazon or Kobo by searching for Emma Finn
EmmaFinn

Return to Emma Finn