Interactive Spam

Want to talk about the site itself -- problems, technical issues, ideas, etc.? Here's the place to do it!

Re: Interactive Spam

Postby Nobody14 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:15 am

Sorry to say it looks like the spam has come back. Not sure if it's the same guy, but it's the same type as before.
Nobody14
Transformation Master

Postby NeoMatrix98 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:58 pm

Spam is back, and some of the names used were the same months ago, for example FUCK YOU PAPUYRUS had already written some spam pages
NeoMatrix98

Postby TheoW » Tue May 09, 2017 8:18 pm

I wish I had a better way of handling the spam, right now it's a bit tricky. Anyone know any PHP that can help? :)
Pretends to be the boss around here.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby Kappa Evil Foot » Sun May 21, 2017 8:16 am

So, Dash is probably a new spammer. His stuff seems different to robolox. I get the impression he doesn't really like me or Phoenix! :lol:
Kappa Evil Foot
Transformation Master

Postby pinkhippo99 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:43 pm

Seriously, can someone do something about Dash?
pinkhippo99
Transformation Grand Master

Postby Kappa Evil Foot » Mon May 22, 2017 1:06 pm

pinkhippo99 wrote:Seriously, can someone do something about Dash?

Dash reads this and will probably respond to you on the interactive page.
Kappa Evil Foot
Transformation Master

Postby NeoMatrix98 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:55 pm

The situation is unmanageable, serious contributions by Kappa Evil Foot and phoenix10 are literally buried under spam pages and stories, spammers have taken the site as a playground and this will only get worse unless something is done. I think new stories should be approved by the boss and, if there is no other way, remove manually old and new spam pages from the serious stories and keep them clean while they have fun on their spam stories.
NeoMatrix98

Postby TheoW » Wed May 24, 2017 9:01 pm

Yeah, I've really hit a limit on the current admit of the interactive story pages. I'm going to have to sit down and finally get a lot of work done on it. Fairly soon accounts are going to be required.

For now, I'll do as you suggest and set new stories to be approved. As for spam pages, it's hard to tell which one are which. If you can PM me a list of page numbers, or links I can address them that way.
Pretends to be the boss around here.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby Kappa Evil Foot » Thu May 25, 2017 6:40 am

they're also spamming other people's stories rather than just ones they made. They had been doing that occasionally for a little bit now, but It's more frequent now. the spammers occasionally did one or two spams in, for example, one of Phoenix's stories, but they're doing it more now. Also, noticed this awhile ago, you don't really need a working email to post on the interactive page. You could type in something random like shsidudub and still be able to post.

They've also started using my name.
Kappa Evil Foot
Transformation Master

Postby kingmeep » Thu May 25, 2017 7:25 pm

At this point there is no point in deletion until there is a way to block further spam. This spammer just keeps having hissy fits so best to ignore until he can be blocked.
kingmeep

PreviousNext

Return to Site Issues/Feedback