Interactive Spam

Want to talk about the site itself -- problems, technical issues, ideas, etc.? Here's the place to do it!

Re: Interactive Spam

Postby TheoW » Thu May 25, 2017 7:45 pm

I hope to get some sort of account system up and running over the long weekend. I'll probably also set up a git repo if anyone ones to help or add more code to it.

Part of the reason it always asked for e-mail was because I had plans for accounts before, and using the e-mail would allow you to reclaim your old posts. It will also prevent them for using your name Kappa (and it sucks that they are doing that). I could disable updating until the accounts are online, but if it takes longer then I hope it could be just as annoying. I'll leave that as your call if you guys want me to do that as a stop gap.
Pretends to be the boss around here.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby colt361 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:28 am

I am not opposed to it being temporary disabled, my biggest concern when things are being changed around that none of the non spam stories and posts are lost.
colt361
Transformation Master

Postby Phoenix10 » Fri May 26, 2017 8:34 am

I love posting on the interactive site, but I think I'm going to take a break for a while until the spammers are handled. Kappa and I put in way too much time for our stories to be messed with by trolls. Hopefully they'll get tired of it when no one is egging them on with actual stories.
Phoenix10

Postby TheoW » Fri May 26, 2017 8:29 pm

Well, i have taken the first steps to start blocking people. For now you won't notice it (unless I screwed up more then usual) and I'll be able to start blocking new spam posts. It won't happen right away but it's a stop in the right direction.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby TheoW » Sat May 27, 2017 5:51 pm

An update on how the changes to the story site are going (keep in mind nothing is live yet, but I wanted to give you an update). I've got basic accounts up and running, creating an account, logging in and out, and about half way done with password resets. Once I get the account activation all working I'll be able to apply some permission to control who can do what.

Once I have all that done, I'll be able to push up the changes.

After that I'll add a user control panel system so you can edit stuff, and maybe some other information. I'll also add the ability to take ownership of preexisting pages using the e-mail address you used to create them. Which will allow for editing in the future. Yay!

I also put the code up on a git hub repo if you want to see it. I would be happy to add some contributes once things are up and running so we can keep improving it.

https://github.com/TheoWinters/IntStory/

Thanks everyone for your patience while I get all of this done.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby TheoW » Sat May 27, 2017 5:53 pm

colt361 wrote:I am not opposed to it being temporary disabled, my biggest concern when things are being changed around that none of the non spam stories and posts are lost.

I'm doing my damnedest to make sure nothing gets lost during all of this. I want to keep all the good stuff!
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby TheoW » Mon May 29, 2017 1:40 pm

Accounts have been added, and we managed to keep everything on the site. That should prevent any new spam (and allow us to ban anyone who tries) then we can work on cleaning up the mess. I took care of some of the worst of it.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby Nobody14 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:38 pm

It looks like iundercoverboi on the interactive is a new troll
Nobody14
Transformation Master

Postby TheoW » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:10 am

Thanks for bringing it to me attention. Should be dealt with now.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby TheoW » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:28 pm

Tonyapycle wrote:This spam is pretty annoying and I was able to use my hotmail address to sign up for this board, but I know gmail had some issues, but imekitty is right. There isnt much we can do since only admins can clear it up. I can send a private message to AladdinsGenie and see if she can read it.

I'm impressed, a spam bot posting to the anti-spam bot thread. Maybe it was feeling guilty?
TheoW
Boss Lion

Previous

Return to Site Issues/Feedback