Story tags

Want to talk about the site itself -- problems, technical issues, ideas, etc.? Here's the place to do it!

Story tags

Postby Xodiac » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:01 am

This is a request to the mods to sticky a post to the top of the Story sub-forum listing and explaining all the various tags authors here use. Some I know, some I can figure out, but others are a bit puzzling. It'd be a huge help in knowing which stories I might want to read, not to mention helping new authors properly label their own contributions.

Thanks!
Xodiac

Re: Story tags

Postby riptoryx » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:04 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me!
riptoryx

Postby RemiTF » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:32 am

I literally just joined, and I searched for 10 minutes, assuming there would be some kind of "posting guidelines" sticky post, which included the recommended tags and categories to include in the story title.

There's not. We definitely need one for new members.
RemiTF

Postby Anostus » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:07 am

An old thread had a pretty good list of tags.

funfun74 wrote:Well I'll give it some what of a shot though I don't know them all and am guessing at some. These are the ones I see most often.

Tags that are transformations. May or may not be detailed as that is up to the author of a story.
BE= Breast Expansion - Someone getting bigger breast. Either natural breasts or sometimes implants
BR= Breast Reduction - Someone losing breast size
SW= Shrinking - Someone getting smaller or just losing height
GW= Growth - Someone getting bigger or just gaining height
MC= Mind Control/Mental Change - Someone has the way they think changed in some fashion or is controlled by another
TG= Gender Transformation - Someone changing from one gender to the other
WG= Weight Gain - Someone getting fatter
WL= Weight Loss - Someone getting skinnier
AP= Age Progression - Someone getting older may or may not contain a MC with it.
AR= Age Regression - Someone getting younger may or may not contain a MC with it.
FtF/F2F/FF= Female to Female Transformation - Someone turning into someone of the same gender. Could be another person or someone new.
MtM/M2M/MM= Male to Male Transformation - Someone turning into someone of the same gender. Could be another person or someone new.
DG= Downgrade or degradation (not super sure on this one) - Typically loss of beauty or status. (DG can also stand for Dick Growth)
TF= Animal Transformation usually sometimes into a complete animal sometimes into an anthro
Humil/HU= Humiliation - Someone being humiliated in some way, usually sexually or publicly.
Body/Trait Swap= Transformation involving turning into another person either by complete switch or by pieces.
Race= Race transformation - Someone turning into someone of another race ie. white to asian.
Culture= Culture Transformation - Someone turning into someone of different culture ie. american to british
IQ= Intelligence Transformation - Someone becoming smarter or dumber
MG= Muscle Growth - Someone getting stronger or gaining muscle mass
ML= Muscle Loss - Someone losing strength or muscle mass.
PE/DG= Penis Enlargement- Someones penis getting bigger (DG can also stand for Downgrade)
PR/DL= Penis Reduction - Someones penis getting smaller
VE/VG= Vagina Enlargement- Someones Vagina getting bigger
VR/VL/VS= Vagina Reduction - Someones vagina getting smaller
IA/Inanimate= Inanimate Transformation - Someone being turned into an inanimate object of some sort
LD/Love Doll/Doll= Dollification - Someone being turned into a normal doll or sex toy doll
Bimbo= Bimbofiaction - Someone turning into a stereotypical bimbo usually involves BE, slutifacition, IQ loss, and MC
Slut= Slutification - Someone changes in a way to love having sex to usually a unnatural degree
Nerd= Nerdification - Someone turning into a stereotypical nerd usually involves Downgrad, IQ gain, and MC

Tags that could either mean a transformation or just a warning of content that people might not like with no transformation involved.
Futa= Futanari (girls that have both a vagina and penis) - Has someone become a futa or is already a Futa
Anthro= Humanoid animals - Story either containing or being turned into a Humaniod animal
Preg= Pregnant - Story containing or having someone become pregnant
Clown= being turned into a clown or already is a clown
Vore= Someone eaten or swallowed by someone
Scat= Stuff involving poop

*edit*Also missed some and decided to update the list to look nicer and with descriptions of content. Which of course I could be wrong about or is open to debate on what they fully include. I'm probably missing a lot of other tags but these are all that I can think of and cover most of the Transformations Tags I've seen.
Anostus
Transformation Master

Postby taruliina » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:03 am

It is quite true that Site Search can find even these tags. but please, good admins, set up this for future ;)

Anostus wrote:An old thread had a pretty good list of tags.

funfun74 wrote:Well I'll give it some what of a shot though I don't know them all and am guessing at some. These are the ones I see most often.

Tags that are transformations. May or may not be detailed as that is up to the author of a story.
BE= Breast Expansion - Someone getting bigger breast. Either natural breasts or sometimes implants
BR= Breast Reduction - Someone losing breast size
SW= Shrinking - Someone getting smaller or just losing height
GW= Growth - Someone getting bigger or just gaining height
MC= Mind Control/Mental Change - Someone has the way they think changed in some fashion or is controlled by another
TG= Gender Transformation - Someone changing from one gender to the other
WG= Weight Gain - Someone getting fatter
WL= Weight Loss - Someone getting skinnier
AP= Age Progression - Someone getting older may or may not contain a MC with it.
AR= Age Regression - Someone getting younger may or may not contain a MC with it.
FtF/F2F/FF= Female to Female Transformation - Someone turning into someone of the same gender. Could be another person or someone new.
MtM/M2M/MM= Male to Male Transformation - Someone turning into someone of the same gender. Could be another person or someone new.
DG= Downgrade or degradation (not super sure on this one) - Typically loss of beauty or status. (DG can also stand for Dick Growth)
TF= Animal Transformation usually sometimes into a complete animal sometimes into an anthro
Humil/HU= Humiliation - Someone being humiliated in some way, usually sexually or publicly.
Body/Trait Swap= Transformation involving turning into another person either by complete switch or by pieces.
Race= Race transformation - Someone turning into someone of another race ie. white to asian.
Culture= Culture Transformation - Someone turning into someone of different culture ie. american to british
IQ= Intelligence Transformation - Someone becoming smarter or dumber
MG= Muscle Growth - Someone getting stronger or gaining muscle mass
ML= Muscle Loss - Someone losing strength or muscle mass.
PE/DG= Penis Enlargement- Someones penis getting bigger (DG can also stand for Downgrade)
PR/DL= Penis Reduction - Someones penis getting smaller
VE/VG= Vagina Enlargement- Someones Vagina getting bigger
VR/VL/VS= Vagina Reduction - Someones vagina getting smaller
IA/Inanimate= Inanimate Transformation - Someone being turned into an inanimate object of some sort
LD/Love Doll/Doll= Dollification - Someone being turned into a normal doll or sex toy doll
Bimbo= Bimbofiaction - Someone turning into a stereotypical bimbo usually involves BE, slutifacition, IQ loss, and MC
Slut= Slutification - Someone changes in a way to love having sex to usually a unnatural degree
Nerd= Nerdification - Someone turning into a stereotypical nerd usually involves Downgrad, IQ gain, and MC

Tags that could either mean a transformation or just a warning of content that people might not like with no transformation involved.
Futa= Futanari (girls that have both a vagina and penis) - Has someone become a futa or is already a Futa
Anthro= Humanoid animals - Story either containing or being turned into a Humaniod animal
Preg= Pregnant - Story containing or having someone become pregnant
Clown= being turned into a clown or already is a clown
Vore= Someone eaten or swallowed by someone
Scat= Stuff involving poop

*edit*Also missed some and decided to update the list to look nicer and with descriptions of content. Which of course I could be wrong about or is open to debate on what they fully include. I'm probably missing a lot of other tags but these are all that I can think of and cover most of the Transformations Tags I've seen.
taruliina

Postby Woland » Sat May 09, 2020 2:06 pm

This really should be more prominent... I had to site search this on Google! :roll:
Woland

Re: Story tags - Icons to teh left of stories

Postby Notsosecret-Victoria » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:36 pm

What do the scrolling or red or "*" mean on the story icons that are to the left of the titles? I know they mean soemthing is hot or something else but I just don't know.
Any help is appreciated.
Just curious. TY
-NotsoVictoria
Notsosecret-Victoria

Re: Story tags - Icons to teh left of stories

Postby catfish » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:02 pm

Notsosecret-Victoria wrote:What do the scrolling or red or "*" mean on the story icons that are to the left of the titles? I know they mean soemthing is hot or something else but I just don't know.

Red icon - there are posts in the thread that you haven't read.
Red asterisk - you have posted in this thread.
Scrolling lines on icon - long thread (a lot of replies).
catfish
Transformation Master

Postby KentaurosDos » Wed May 24, 2023 8:11 am

I want to propose tags for stories that are written with various amounts of AI involvement, as a scale from 0 to 10:

• AI0: No involvement from AI. (Probably the default assumption)
  • AI2: AI-assisted, mostly human-written.
  • AI5: A true collaboration, with a human contributing to about half the final product.
  • AI10: 100% AI-writing, with a human only providing prompting and possibly mild editing to put it all together.

My proposed way of adding it to story titles, is to do any one of the following (depending on aesthetic preferences):

• Story Title (AP, AR, WG, Various | AI2)
  • Story Title [AP, AR, WG, Various] (AI2)
  • Story Title (AP, AR, WG, Various) [AI2]

And so that this is more likely to catch on, I propose that people link to this post for a few months in the author by-line or at the top of the story, so that readers are more aware that this tag exists and what it means.
KentaurosDos

Postby fragmenter » Thu May 25, 2023 2:01 am

KentaurosDos wrote:I want to propose tags for stories that are written with various amounts of AI involvement, as a scale from 0 to 10:

• AI0: No involvement from AI. (Probably the default assumption)
  • AI2: AI-assisted, mostly human-written.
  • AI5: A true collaboration, with a human contributing to about half the final product.
  • AI10: 100% AI-writing, with a human only providing prompting and possibly mild editing to put it all together.

My proposed way of adding it to story titles, is to do any one of the following (depending on aesthetic preferences):

• Story Title (AP, AR, WG, Various | AI2)
  • Story Title [AP, AR, WG, Various] (AI2)
  • Story Title (AP, AR, WG, Various) [AI2]

And so that this is more likely to catch on, I propose that people link to this post for a few months in the author by-line or at the top of the story, so that readers are more aware that this tag exists and what it means.

I think this is a great idea KentaurosDos. I made a related suggestion for a separate story category for AI stories in my post below.
https://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10796
That suggestions didn't get much (or any) traction, so I am supportive of your idea of an AI tag system and I will use it for future posts. I hope everyone else gets on board too, as I am sure it will help us to understand the creative process behind each post.

Moll x
fragmenter
Transformation Master

Return to Site Issues/Feedback