Is something Wrong?

Want to talk about the site itself -- problems, technical issues, ideas, etc.? Here's the place to do it!

Is something Wrong?

Postby Burke_Rakers » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:08 am

Because I've been trying to post something ("7 Disney Sins") since yesterday, and I keep getting this message most (but not all) of the time.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /phpbb/posting.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I don't think I've ever seen that before. At first I just assumed that what I was posting was too big, so I cut it down and tried to post it in sections. That sort of worked at first, but now all I get is the above message, even if I try posting seperate paragraphs. Am I doing something wrong? Is something up with the site? Is it my account?
Burke_Rakers
Transformation Grand Master

Re: Is something Wrong?

Postby TheoW » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:20 am

I don't know, it seems to be a sever issue. I'll look into it.
Pretends to be the boss around here.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby Burke_Rakers » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:33 pm

TheoW wrote:I don't know, it seems to be a sever issue. I'll look into it.

Well, I tried again. I shortened it down to 5...then 4...then 3 paragraphs. Each time it was FORBIDDEN. Finally, I dropped it down again, and this time it let me post. I tried to do the same thing (but this time with a single paragraph) and again "FORBIDDEN".

"Maybe it's something I'm doing?" I thought. So, I went away for a bit and returned to Changing Mirror, but this time...the page wouldn't open. Instead I saw...

This webpage is not available

I close Google Chrome, and opened it again. I went to a few sites, then again back to CM. Same message.

I tried Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

I tried again, this time using Firefox

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Does any of this help?
Burke_Rakers

Postby Tornasunder » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Maybe the ghosts of Disney Past are having revenge on you.

Or maybe there was an 8th dwarf "Techie" pissed off that he wasn't included.

;)
Tornasunder
Transformation Master

Postby Burke_Rakers » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:36 am

Any word? Is it my account? Something with my formatting? Some...combination of words that the site wont allow? I've got pages and pages of story to post, and for the first time ever...the site wont let me. It's very frustrating...
Burke_Rakers

Postby Alice » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:06 pm

I'd help if I could, but this is out of my wheelhouse -- it's squarely in Theo's.
Alice

Postby Burke_Rakers » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:52 am

Well, without knowing HOW I did it...I sort of figured it out. I put what I've written down, Preview it, then if I'm told "FORBIDDEN" again, I go back...remove a paragraph and so on, till I find the part that is "FORBIDDEN"...then I rewrite that part in some way. It took HOURS (and was a HUGE pain in the ass) but I managed to post another slab of story. I guess I'll just keep doing...that, until this is settled.
Burke_Rakers

Postby TheoW » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:54 pm

The problem is that the Forbidden is coming from the server itself, not the phpbb side of the equation (it has it's own 'to big' error page, but it says it's to big). I'm checking logs at the moment, but frustration is growing.
Pretends to be the boss around here.
TheoW
Boss Lion

Postby sysop » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:18 am

Yeah, I was unable to post an edit as well.

Thanks for working the issue Theo
sysop

Return to Site Issues/Feedback