Spam Bot Notification Thread

Want to talk about the site itself -- problems, technical issues, ideas, etc.? Here's the place to do it!

Re: Spam Bot Notification Thread

Postby pinkhippo99 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:51 am

GregoryBax has been making some very suspicious looking posts. I think he is trying to get past our bot detectors before he starts trolling the site.
pinkhippo99
Member
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:02 pm

Re: Spam Bot Notification Thread

Postby Kappa Evil Foot » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:12 pm

pinkhippo99 wrote:GregoryBax has been making some very suspicious looking posts. I think he is trying to get past our bot detectors before he starts trolling the site.


He posted a link for some sort of medication to quit smoking. Sounds spammy to me.
Kappa Evil Foot
Transformation Master
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:15 pm

Re: Spam Bot Notification Thread

Postby pinkhippo99 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:16 pm

I'm getting the impression that lizzyliz is posting spam. I thought we had started using verification before posting.
pinkhippo99
Member
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:02 pm

Re: Spam Bot Notification Thread

Postby pinkhippo99 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Slimeyspirits looks like a troll.
pinkhippo99
Member
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:02 pm

Re: Spam Bot Notification Thread

Postby bit » Sun May 13, 2018 7:11 am

Justinsah is a bot. (Check their profile. You can see the spam link they've added to it.)
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=5578#p18858
bit
Member
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:52 pm

Re: Spam Bot Notification Thread

Postby catfish » Sun May 20, 2018 8:53 pm

User changi seems to be a bot, or at the very least is spamming the forums.
User avatar
catfish
Member
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: Spam Bot Notification Thread

Postby Nobody14 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:24 pm

Slimeyspirits is back and seems to be trolling the interactive again
Nobody14
Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:23 pm

Re: Spam Bot Notification Thread

Postby Burke_Rakers » Tue May 22, 2018 11:50 pm

Nobody14 wrote:Slimeyspirits is back and seems to be trolling the interactive again


Yeah. Its also an example of how old I am. I saw his posts and dismissed them as spam...then had to do a search to prove to myself that these weren't just some...obscure Anime or video game characters that I wasn't aware of. That happened to me before...
Burke_Rakers
Transformation Grand Master
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 12:19 am

Re: Spam Bot Notification Thread

Postby colt361 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:45 am

Burke_Rakers wrote:
Nobody14 wrote:Slimeyspirits is back and seems to be trolling the interactive again


Yeah. Its also an example of how old I am. I saw his posts and dismissed them as spam...then had to do a search to prove to myself that these weren't just some...obscure Anime or video game characters that I wasn't aware of. That happened to me before...


I honestly think they should count as spam. I just made a new post and it got knocked off the new page, so now people may not see it unless they look on the remote's page. Over an hour of work and it gets knocked because someone decided they wanted to make a lot of one sentence posts, if there was no limit to the newest pages that would be fine, but this is not the case. I made a post in general discussion also venting my frustration.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5737

Also this is my new interactive post that got knocked off.

http://thechangingmirror.com/intstory/s ... ageID=8453
colt361
Transformation Master
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:08 am

Re: Spam Bot Notification Thread

Postby Kappa Evil Foot » Wed May 23, 2018 4:50 am

colt361 wrote:
Burke_Rakers wrote:
Nobody14 wrote:Slimeyspirits is back and seems to be trolling the interactive again


Yeah. Its also an example of how old I am. I saw his posts and dismissed them as spam...then had to do a search to prove to myself that these weren't just some...obscure Anime or video game characters that I wasn't aware of. That happened to me before...


I honestly think they should count as spam. I just made a new post and it got knocked off the new page, so now people may not see it unless they look on the remote's page. Over an hour of work and it gets knocked because someone decided they wanted to make a lot of one sentence posts, if there was no limit to the newest pages that would be fine, but this is not the case. I made a post in general discussion also venting my frustration.

http://thechangingmirror.com/phpbb/view ... f=4&t=5737

Also this is my new interactive post that got knocked off.

http://thechangingmirror.com/intstory/s ... ageID=8453



That does suck. They'll get bored soon enough. But what makes Slimey weird is that they're consistent. This is not the first time they've done this.
Kappa Evil Foot
Transformation Master
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:15 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Site Issues/Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests