IDENTITY ADJUSTMENT

Moderator: Matt L.

IDENTITY ADJUSTMENT

Postby Matt L. » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:39 am

IDENTITY ADJUSTMENT BY MATT L.

The Randolph Institute for Women; established in 1930 and located on the outskirts of Los Angeles, a hospital catering to behavioral and mental disorders, predominantly impoverished females and the economically challenged.

Madison Warner was a dazzling example of a psychiatric nurse and equally of feminine beauty.
Madison’s brown hair was naturally wavy, dusting her shoulders, framing her gorgeous features while her hourglass figure was neat and trim.

24-years of age and she had recently graduated with honors from a notable university, keen on making a name for herself in the field, albeit rubbing some of her colleagues the wrong way with her enthusiasm and ego. Often times debating the senior old school psychotherapists and lauding her credentials in behavioral development and diseases of the mind. The latest clash of wills was between Madison and Dr. Hugo Evans concerning his cognitive lobotomy hypothesis against much more universal therapy. This incident eventually reach the administrative director, Leah Commons, and Madison was called to her office to square things over.

Leah was an astute woman well into her fifties, gray hair in a short pedestrian style, horn rimmed glasses, and borderline pudgy. Notorious in her austere nature to staff and patients alike.

“Take a seat please”, Leah said in a piqued tone.

Madison did as she told, anxious to get the meeting over with as quick as possible.

Leah engaged in a sip of water, subsequently folding her hands over desk, clearing her throat before raking Madison over the coals.

“I have no doubt that you’re an incomparable asset to our facility, your academic reputation speaks for itself but challenging one of our finest psychotherapist is where I draw the line. Your behavior toward Dr. Evans is inexcusable.”

Madison blurted a mumble which caused Leah to snip, “Something you wish to say? Out with it Nurse Warner…”

Madison didn’t hold back, “Dr. Evans resembles a butcher not a mental health professional, and his techniques are questionable if not thoroughly inane.”

Leah eased back in her leather chair, “I think the issue isn’t Dr. Evans at all, it’s your ego.”

Madison tilted her head, “I beg your pardon.”

“Oh really, Nurse Warner, even a few of your colleagues have describe you as being haughty, pompous is perhaps a better term.”

Madison held back her temper yet she was raging inside, “I take pride in my work, I’m committed to my profession, if I do criticize my co-workers, which is rare, it’s with the best intentions.”

“Like I said, I’m aware of your qualifications and intelligence but remember you’re a registered nurse and not a psychologist”, Leah huffily replied, “Your enthusiastic attitude notwithstanding, lingers on the threshold of bad manners.”

“I’m not bad-mannered”, Madison quibbled.”

Leah patronizingly grinned, “You’re a bull-headed young woman, Madison. Watch it; it could lead you down a route you won’t like.”

Madison answered back with a similar condescending warble, “Yes, Dr. Commons, I’ll be a good nurse, whatever the doctor says. May I be excused now, I have patients to see.”

Leah leaned in toward Madison, “Yes, by all means, I’ve enough of you, you may be excused.”

________

Madison stopped off at the nurse’s station to look over her schedule, Cindy Walker RN greeted her with a candy smile, “Did Leah set you straight or what?”

Cindy was a cute blonde, approximately Madison’s age, rather chubby, she was much more of a modest caliber and less spunky than the self-assured Madison.

“That old hag is out of touch with reality”, Madison acidly replied.

Cindy wagged her head, about to reach for a donut when she caught an unpleasant grimace from Madison.

“What?” Cindy said with a perplexed smirk.

Madison stood with a hand over her waist, “The box is half empty, how many donuts have you had? You sure you want another? You’re already pushing 200-pounds.”

Cindy’s mouth dropped, “I’m not that heavy, and since when are you the food police?”

“Don’t you have any pride in your appearance?” Madison carped.

Cindy flashed Madison a perturb shot from her eyes, “I think I’ve enough of your bossiness, bad enough you’re a show off but mind your own business.”

Madison lightly chuckled, “Okay, whatever you say but in a couple of years when you’re extra tubby don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

Cindy grabbed the donut, sarcastically answering, “Pardon me if I’m not as vain as you, Maddie.

“Naturally somebody like you would call me vain”, Madison syrupy smiled.

“Why? Because I’m somewhat plump and didn’t graduate from an Ivy League school?” Cindy bitingly scoffed at Madison.

“Doughy big hip girls who lack professionalism and barely have any kind of an IQ to make it through a second rate nursing school usually end up working for women like me”, Madison rattled off, “To be honest I’m surprised you’re not some truck stop waitress, that pedigree is written all over you.”

Cindy stood up and took a defensive stance, “Oh, Maddie, girl! I see how you weigh yourself 10 times a day and how you work out everyday after work. I know my stuff, I’m not the stupid twit you think of me.”

“Exactly what are you implying?” Madison sneered.

Cindy took a big bite out of the donut, “You have a fat phobia. What’s wrong, Madison? You afraid people won’t take you seriously with a fat ass and chunky thighs?”

“Jealous?” Madison icily grinned.

Cindy sighed, “Someday you’ll pay for your arrogance, I only hope I’m around to see it.”

Madison cheekily smiled, “Of course, silly girls always believe their superiors are arrogant!”

And with that Madison grabbed a patient’s chart - Sandra Ford - and strutted away from the nurse’s station.

Cindy spitefully remarked in her thoughts while nibbling on the donut, “If you were really superior you’d know that uppity girls always get what they deserve…”

Madison reviewed Sandra’s chart while standing outside the door to her room.

Sandra P. Ford
Age - 21
Diagnosis: Bond - McLaglen - Disorder.
Chronic immaturity coupled with low self-esteem - inferiority complex
Treatment - Cognitive therapy - specific meds - Durlihol 100.

Madison gently knocked on the door before entering, “Good afternoon, Sandy, I’m here to take your vitals and see how you’re doing.”

Sandra’s room was the basic hospital room, small uninviting, almost cold.
Several stuff animals placed around the room, posters of teenage pop bands and boy singers decorating the walls.

Sandra was sprawled over the bed with coloring books, a hefty young maiden, all of 239-pounds.
Sandra’s puffy features were unanimously mousy, black glasses over her bulbous nose, her black hair in pigtails. Instead of the generic hospital gown, Sandra was wearing a black T-shirt with a the caption in pink lettering - GIRL POWER, and black pajama bottoms decorated with Warner Brother’s cartoon characters.

Madison had a warm relationship with Sandra, and treated her better than average.

“I’m going to take your blood pressure and temperature, okay, Sandy”, Madison said as she surveyed her room.

Plenty of snack food abound, and with that all sorts of candy wrappers and empty containers spewed about the room.

“We’re going to have to get housekeeping up here as soon as possible, such a mess”, Madison said but in a sweet tone.

Sandra paused from her coloring to let Madison place the blood pressure cup over her arm, a docile smile over her face, “I love it when you come visit, Maddie; you’re my best favorite nurse.”

Madison adjusted the blood pressure cup over Sandy’s thick upper arm, politely advising her charge, “Well, you’re my most favorite patient but you should really take it easy with the sweets.”

Upon Sandy questioning Madison, the quick witted nurse was up front but calmly explained, “The medication you’re on has nasty side effects, it promotes weight gain, and can alter your metabolism. You have enough on your plate as it is than to have to deal with obesity.”

“Um, I guess, when’s lunch?” Sandra smiled.

Madison constructively construed in her thoughts, “I’m going to have to speak with food service and put you on a healthy diet, see about getting your medication reduced as well or else you’re going to turn into a blimp.”

Madison went about her business with the routine exam, Sandra excitedly talking a mile a minute about various items she thought would interest her nurse.

Video games - cartoons - teenage romance novels.

Finally the exam finished, Sandra holding up her coloring book, “See, Madison, I color good now, inside the lines and everything!”

“Well done!” Madison chirped, then pulled up a chair next to the bed where Sandra reclined.

In a firm tone but with a sugary smile, Madison conveyed, “Honey, I’m telling you this out of friendship but we have to get you out and into the recreation center to mingle with the other patients. I know you feel uncomfortable but its not healthy being cooped up all alone. We have to work on your anti-social behavior.”

Sandra pouted, “Do I have too?”

Madison nodded, her tone affectionate, “You’ll be okay, you’ll be around lots of girls with behavioral problems, you can support each other through friendship.”

“Are you my friend, Madison?” Sandra’s voice cracking.

“Of course I’m your friend”, Madison’s eyes sparkling with her brilliant smile, “I want to help you, okay? I want to help you leave this hospital and begin a nice life and be a positive member of the community. Now I understand you never finished high school, so we need to remedy that, there are programs to help you earn a diploma. Is that cool or what?”

Sandra pushed back her glasses, nervously gushing, “Well, I ain’t never really been book smart, school bores me.”

Madison bestowed Sandra a reflective glance, “Maybe we need to concentrate on improving your mental health first and we’ll worry about school later.”

Madison added a few notes to Sandra’s chart and promptly stood up from her chair, “I have to check on a few more patients but is there anything I can do for you or get you?”

“A few king size Snickers bars!” Sandra peeped.

“This evening after dinner I’ll make a stop at the vending machine and get you one, just one”, Madison replied.

“I guess, thanks, Madison, I wish you didn’t have to go so soon, I like your company”, Sandra smiled.

“Same here”, Madison said while taking another glance at Sandra’s room, her eyes focusing on the stuffed animals. “However, my duties include a few more patients, though maybe sometime in the future we can spend a little extra time together.”

“Cool!” Sandra applauded loudly.

Later that evening once Madison’s shift was over and she was off duty, she made tracks to the employee work out center located in a building adjacent to the hospital.

Slipping out of her nurse’s uniform, Madison garbed herself in a sporty black T-shirt and teal yoga pants. Momentarily studying her reflection in the large mirror covering the entire wall.
Rotating at her hips, she felt confident about her figure, her form nearly flawless with exception to a minor tummy pouch which she patted a couple times. Boarding the scale at a swift pace, Madison frowned at the fact she hadn’t yet met her goal weight of 121-pounds.

“Four more pounds to go”, Madison contemplated while making a leisurely stroll over to the treadmill.

Madison revved up the pace, energetically walking, thinking about the string bikini which would be her reward once conquering her goal.

Madison was unaware at first but a stocky man with thinning grayish-brown hair had joined her in the employee work out center. The lab coat he was wearing was foul with stains, a cigarette lingering from his lips, five o’clock shadow heavy on his ugly face.

Finally he stood in front of Madison who spewed razor sharp eyes at him, “Dr. Evans, I always thought you’d be stalker.”

Dr. Evans removed the cigarette from his thin lips, his voice sounding peculiarly close to Lee Marvin. “I’ve been meaning to talk with you ever since you stormed out after our debate. Things are still unsettled as they say.”

“Well buzz off”, Madison sneered, “This is my personal time, I’m off duty.”

Dr. Evans returned the square to his lips, placing his hands in his pockets, fronting a relaxed mode, “I know, Madison, such conversations are better served in my office, better yet, my lab. There you can see my experiments first hand.”

Madison grumbled, “I have a good mind to report you to the psychiatric board for lack of ethics and putting patients in harm.”

“A good mind?” Dr. Evan’s smile resembling a snarl, “Do you have a good mind, a healthy mind? A mind that isn’t rotten with obsessive or precarious behavior?”

Madison knew Dr. Evans was eccentric but his questions scared her a little, “If you really want to hold a conversation with me, I suggest we have a conference with Leah in attendance.”

“That’s odd”, Dr. Evans replied, “You loathe Leah almost as much as you loathe me.”

Madison slowed the treadmill, “This conversation is through, I’m out of here.”

“Never mind about your mind, for now”, Dr. Evans took a step toward Madison as she stepped off the treadmill, his grin somehow distorting his already creepy features, “Your body is what interest’s me.”

Madison scowled in fear, “I’m going to call security!”

Dr. Evans assured Madison in a blithe tone and slight chuckle, “Oh please don’t flatter yourself, I have no desire to put any moves on you but I will advise you to be nicer to me. One day I might be your psychotherapist!”

“You’re a madman!” Madison blurted, “Why would I ever need a psychiatrist?”

Dr. Evans removed his hands from the lab coat pockets and began straightening his tie, “You have a phobia, an obsession likewise, understandable but very off kilter.”

“You’re full of shit!” Madison angrily glared at Dr. Evans.

Dr. Evans slickly smiled, “I fear you’re in the chaos of denial, piggy.”

Madison stood frozen in her spot, her eyes burning in rage.

Dr. Evans took a drag from his smoke, “Isn’t that what they called you in school? Piggy. Of course mommy and daddy sent you off to fat camp when you were 13 because of the ridicule you experienced, or maybe they were ashamed about having a fat daughter.”

Madison took a step back, “How did you…”

“Oh I did some snooping around, investigations are much easier now in this internet age”, Dr. Evans comically stated. “You kept most of the weight off, excluding a period time the summer after high school graduation, you entered your inaugural college semester kind of beefy. Remind me, dear, how much did you exactly weigh before starting to use appetite suppressors and frantically working out.”

Madison wagged her head in disbelief, too shocked to provide an answer.

“175-pounds? Something like that, very close to a porky 180-pounds”, Dr. Evans stated the fact.
“You’re still working out, and keeping your appetite in check with those suppressors. Very nice otherwise you’d be a literal butterball.”

“Can you please leave me alone”, Madison tried to persuade the mad doctor, “I’ll ignore this incidence, show you respect, I won’t bother you ever again.”

“Not so haughty now that your secret has been discovered”, Dr. Evans peered savagely at Madison.
“Guess what? Even though you’re slim and trim, you’re still a fat girl, Madison. Fixated at weighing yourself, wondering if it would be okay to have another slice of cheesecake, and compulsively checking out your figure. You put up a confident front but you’re very self-conscious about your figure.”

Madison wiped her eyes, “What can I do to make this go away, I’ll tender my resignation if that’s what you want.”

Dr. Evans smiled, “No, don’t do that, piggy, I mean, Madison. You are a sufficient nurse, not as outstanding as you would like people to believe or you what your ego has convinced yourself. You see, Nurse Warner, all the high minded graduated with honors crap is another valadation of your fragile identity. You see, honey, if you were the intellect, the brainy, superior IQ female, you’d have no reason to tout the point. However, realizing that being a fat girl, you need to propose another cause to salvage what little self-esteem you have. Matter of fact, I can arrange an IQ exam immediately but we both know how you’d score. Right?”

“Dr. Evans, you’re wrong…”, Madison nervously blathered, “…I’m very smart…I could be a psychologist if I resumed my college studies.”

Dr. Evans callously balked at the idea, “That’s a joke, Maddie, your college degrees I question; you’re at a very average IQ range, probably at the lowest mark of average.”

Madison sighed, she knew contesting Dr. Evan’s assessment might not boon very well for her, thus she agreed, “Okay, Doctor, you made your point. I’ll watch my arrogance.”

“Your arrogance is a mask to conceal your inferiority but have it your own way”, Dr. Evans concluded, “Be more civil to me and Leah, and your colleagues, and maybe we’ll get along.”

Madison nodded and quickly hightailed it out of the work out center.

Re: IDENTITY ADJUSTMENT

Postby audipwr87 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:31 am

A uniquely superb chapter!! I have a feeling poor Madison is going to be experiencing some issues in the weight department...
audipwr87
Transformation Grand Master

Postby Junketh71 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:22 pm

So far, this is a really good story already. Good luck with it.
Junketh71

Postby Matt L. » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:19 am

Hello Friends,

Thanks a bunch for the comments. The next part will be posted shortly.

Cheers, Matt
Matt L.

Postby Matt L. » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:21 am

Madison was very unsettled after her confrontation with Dr. Evans. Returning home to the comfortable apartment Madison rented in one of the better Los Angeles suburbs, she took an appetite suppressor before preparing a modest meal of a salad and wheat toast, along questioning Dr. Evan’s vicious evaluation of her mental status and behavior.

No question about Madison’s history, she was indeed sent to fat camp due to the shambles ensuing her 8th grade graduation and weighing 197-pounds. The kids referred to Madison as wide load, but more frequently then not, piggy. The nickname consequence of finishing whatever the other kids left on their plates during lunch time, and she was a greedy bottomless pit of excessive eating. Mom and dad were aware of the taunts but were they ashamed of her as well.
Madison’s mom was a fitness nut and could fit into a size four, although she would brag about being able to fit into a size two, while her dad would sometimes tease her about her appetite as well, and both of them would always harp at her about spending too much time watching TV and snacking around the clock.

Just before college and into her freshman year, Madison piled on the pounds, 179-pounds before taking her roommate’s advice about physical fitness and appetite suppressors which would hinder her routine of pizza for breakfast and all types of fattening food for lunch and dinner.

Madison finally questioned her intelligence, going back and forth about her successful college career. Madison did earn the grades and accolades but the spunky, bubbly personality she developed made her popular enough to study with the most intelligent students.
Madison tossed away Dr. Evans opinion, angrily calling him a stupid insane toad who didn’t respect her knowledge. Yet in the back of her mind, she did remain somewhat puzzled if she was an all out genius or not.

Madison got up a tad earlier in the morning to work out before her shift, then it was back to the hospital, business as usual.

Madison made her rounds, checking on several of her other patients before visiting Sandra.
After knocking on the door, with a crisp and friendly, “Good morning!” Madison discovered Sandra wasn’t in her room, and besides that the room was thoroughly cleaned. The bed made, no refuse at all, only Sandra’s stuffed animals the sole reminder of the patient’s residing there.

Maybe a nursing assistant brought Sandra to the recreation center or the cafeteria? Madison checked both environments but Sandra wasn’t to be found in either of them.

Glimpsing Sandra’s chart, there was a short note which she somehow had missed while first looking the chart over. All it read was therapy session.

What kind of therapy and with what doctor? As Sandra’s lead care taker Madison would need to be privy to such information. Madison walked over to the nurse’s station where once again Cindy sat, reviewing patient charts and schedules while snacking on pop tarts.

Madison wagged her head, “Always eating”, she thought to herself, then asked about Sandra.

“Oh, right”, Cindy conveyed, “Sandra was taken to Dr. Evans lab to be prepped for a cognitive lobotomy.”

Sandra shrieked in horror, “Evans really is crazy! He’s going to turn her into a pathetic moron!”
Cindy gaped at Madison, “You don’t know that, the procedure isn’t that extreme, it’s meant to reduce emotional fatigue and manipulate her temperament.”

“Evan’s is going to rewire her mind!”, Madison angrily blurted.

Madison bolted down the corridor in the direction toward Dr. Evan’s office and lab.

Madison was familiar with the procedure, minor surgery on the frontal brain lob that would initiate behavioral manipulation.

Madison reached Dr. Evans lab, pushing open the doors the sinister looking room was empty.
Madison backtracked to the doctor’s office, Evans wasn’t there either.
From there Madison moved her feet as fast as she could to Leah’s office, noticing Dr. Evans walking out the door.

Evans smiled at Madison, coolly addressing her with a weird smirk, “How are you today Nurse Warner!” just as she quickly seized him by his collar.

“Where is she! What have you done to her!” Madison screamed into Evan’s face, tightening her grip on his collar.

Dr. Evans outweighed Madison, managing to push her away but she leaped back within his space, violently punching him, “What have you done to Sandra!”

Dr. Evans blocked Madison’s fists, Leah storming into the corridor, immediately yelling for security.
Leah’s shrill drew Madison away from Dr. Evans, and she charged the administrator, pushing her against the wall, “Tell me now! Where is Sandra!”

Leah excruciatingly moaned , “Stop it, you’re hurting me!”, as Madison tightly pressed her against the wall.
Madison steered her eyes into Leah’s, “If you and that despicable doctor have harmed her…”

Dr. Evans, coming to Leah’s aid, pulled Madison away from her, the nurse attacking him again, throwing punches which he managed to block with his forearm.

The security guards arrived, along with Cindy who was armed with a syringe.

The guards tackled Madison, restraining her, Cindy handed the syringe to Leah.

“Get off of me! Help me find Sandra! They’re going to harm her!”

Leah quickly dabbed Madison’s neck with an alcohol pad, then injected Madison with a tranquilizer.

Madison fought against the guards, trying to break away from their grips, yelling out loud - for a moment - then everything went black.

TWO DAYS LATER

Madison opened her eyes; she was in bed, the room strangely familiar.
Over Madison stood Cindy, adjusting a couple IV pumps.

Madison’s mind marginally fuzzy, a dull headache and overwhelmingly fatigued, for some odd reason her thumb was in her mouth, which she slowly removed.

Cindy noticed Madison’s movement, cheerfully smiling at her, “Well you’re finally up, how are you feeling?”

Madison opened her mouth to speak, but her thought process was jumbled in such a way, collecting her thoughts was like connecting dots out of sequence. Uttering a simple reply was difficult.

“Where…is this…?” Madison faintly droned.

Cindy answered sweetly, “You’re in your room, I’m the nurse taking care of you. My name is Cindy.”

Madison scowled as she studied the room, pop star posters over the wall, stuffed animals abound, a few king size snicker bars on the nightstand.

“No…” Madison’s bottom lip quivered, “….not my room.”

Cindy manufactured a sensitive pout, “Oh, poor baby, you’re confused. See, all your stuffed animals are here to keep you company.”

Madison began to breath heavily, this was Sandra’s quarters, “…not muh..room…what’z going on..?”, she mumbled with a puzzled expression.

Cindy leaned over Madison, her smile elongated, “Just relax, the medication is very strong, that’s why you’re confused. But this is your room, and in a few days once you feel better you’ll start therapy.”

Madison took a deep breath, “Medi…medication?”

Cindy nodded, “Yes, right now you’re being given Durlihol 100; this is to relax you….”

Madison looked at Cindy in shock, the side effect of the drug caused weight gain, however, Cindy’s next bit of news was just as distressing!

“….you had some minor surgery, a small procedure to improve your temperament, matter of fact I’m going to change the bandage in a moment.”

Madison cringed, protesting incomprehensibly in a fragile tone, “….stupid….nurse….temper no bad…wrong…you remember me nurse…”

Madison made a clumsy attempt to climb out of bed, Cindy gently forcing her back down unto the mattress, “You really are delusional but don’t worry, I’ll increase the dosage of the sensitive…”

Madison whimpered, “Me nurse….I…that is ..please…Cindy…nurse…”

Cindy went about increasing the dosage, speaking plainly and with a broad grin, “A nurse? I would aim a little lower on your goals, Maddie; I mean the world can always use another waitress.”

Madison rolled her eyes, sighing out loud, Cindy gestured to the other IV, “This one is supplying you with nutrients, in a couple days you’ll be able to digest solid food. I see you like Snicker bars, that’s cool; we’ll supply you with all you want.”

The medication entered Madison’s system, her mind as numb as her body, the best she could do was breath and drool.

“You relax, and get to understanding this, we’ll get along as long as you don’t prove to be difficult”, Cindy said as she walked over to the TV.

“To show you I’m not a bad person, I’ll put the Cartoon Network on for you; I know how much you enjoy your cartoons!”

From there Cindy changed the bandage, muttering to herself about Madison’s surgery being a success and there was little chance of her having a scar.

“But what that drug will do to your figure and to your face, I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy”, Cindy mused with a sneaky grin, “And how much of an IQ you’ll have once Dr. Evans is through with you….”

Madison was unconscious for almost two weeks, being fed through the IV and a surplus amount of the sedative which didn’t cause her to put on all that much weight yet but it was still early.

Madison’s eyes were partially open and she recognized the woman in the room who addressed her like this was their initial meeting.

“Hello Madison, I’m the nursing administrator, Dr. Commons. You’re still somewhat sedated, so I doubt you can speak, so just relax while I go over a few details with you, okay, jelly bean?”

Madison’s facial features were apathetic, and she uttered a wispy sigh as she tried to speak, drool trailing from her lips instead of words.

Leah grabbed a tissue and delicately wiped Madison’s mouth and chin, “Relax, Miss Warner, suck your thumb if it makes you feel better, Nurse Cindy says you do that habitually…oh, pardon me for using big words, I meant all the time.”

Madison lazily wagged her head, Leah continued.

“You’re being treated for a behavioral disorder which…” Leah paused for a moment, “There I go again, talking to you like you’re a brain wizard. You’re here at the hospital because you’re hyper emotional and have a stilted behavior, abnormally immature. You’re a welfare case but don’t fear, you’ll get the best treatment possible. Matter of fact our ace psychotherapist will be treating you. Dr. Evans.”

Madison blinked, the anxiety far too hard to handle, she slipped her thumb between her lips and began to suck.

“That’s a girl!” Leah chimed.

Madison sniffled and snorted, she couldn’t believe she was now a patient in a psychiatric hospital! The very hospital she reign with authority,

“Doctor Evans and our staff will indeed supply you with the sufficient means in becoming a productive member of society, once you’re therapy is completed and based on your progress maybe we can see about advancing your education. Albeit from your records, school wasn’t a strong point but it will be to your benefit to finish high school.”

“Finish….high school!” Madison winced in her mind, “I’m a …college something, graduate, ain’t I a nurse!”

Leah noticed Madison becoming upset and removed her cell phone out of her pocket and called Cindy.

“Miss Warner is in need of another injection of Durlihol, please being it this instant.”

Leah placed the cell phone back in her pocket, “Oh, I do have some charming news for you, Madison.
Seems one of our advance patients is familiar with you. A Sandra Ford. Sandy is in our advance patient program, studying for her high school equivalent degree. She is hoping to become a nursing assistance; she is making a lot of progress. Anyway, once you are conscious enough, I’ll permit her to visit you. She’d be a nice role model, don’t you think?”

Madison began sucking her thumb a tad vigorously, if she wasn’t crazy now, she would be by the time the head shrinks were through with her.

Cindy happily addressed Madison upon entering the room, injecting her with the sedative as Leah made it a point to say, “Supply Maddie with coloring books and maybe a few juvenile comic books, we have to see how well she functions while we increase the medication, and before her therapy begins.”

Goose bumps invaded Madison’s skin as Leah gazed straight into her eyes, “Dr. Evans is very anxious to start your therapy, very anxious.”

FIVE DAYS LATER

Leah sat in her office reviewing Madison chart, the notes authored by Cindy Walker, RN.

MADISON P. WARNER
AGE - 20
IQ - 110 AVERAGE

Diagnosis: Acute Bond - McLaglen Disorder - hyper emotional - advanced - abnormal immaturity.
Weight - 129-pounds.

Patient difficult at times, unwilling at first to eat solid food, however has made recent progress.
Ready for therapy.

Leah smiled and grabbed her pen, adding into the chart -
Increase Durlihol 100 by 50% - restrict her mobility and provide patient with high calorie diet.
Patient must resume or exceed teenage weight for therapy success.

Leah closed the chart and then informed her secretary, “Please inform Dr. Evans that patient Warner is ready for therapy and set up a conference for me and Patient Ford sometime tomorrow.”

Back in her room Madison situated in bed, fuming at herself for devouring such a huge breakfast.
Not since Madison was a young teenager had she consumed a meal that grand - waffles, bacon, eggs, oatmeal and four glasses of milk. Worst off Madison couldn’t control herself, no doubt the lack of appetite suppressors and the sedative the result.

Madison knew her tiny tummy pouch couldn’t possibly be all that tiny anymore, she could even feel a slight flabby element to her waist.

Madison gazed at the king size Snicker bars on her bedside table, tempting her mercilessly, she began to drool.

Madison still wasn’t able to think straight, her mind seemingly drained or fatigued or something bizarre. Realizing the surgery the culprit, she had no idea what the procedure was called - cognitive lobotomy had been erased from her mind.

Madison resumed watching the TV, a lame brained cartoon show for toddlers causing her to giggle; she was clueless to why the comical antics were so vastly entertaining.

Sugar was her friend when she was a kid, liberating her from her doldrums or anxiety back when she was known as Piggy. Before Madison could comprehend it, she had gobbled up the first Snickers candy bar and began nibbling on the second. She wanted to throw it away and fleetingly decided to toss it when the stuffed animals caught her eyes. Something clicked in her head that she wasn’t able to fully understand, and stuffed the remainder of that Snickers bar into her mouth while reaching over with her other hand for the next.

Cindy walked into Madison’s room accompanied by a couple nursing assistants.

“Okay, Miss Warner, we have the standard issue hospital sweats and after the girls help you into them, you have an appointment with Dr. Evans!” Cindy announced almost too excitedly.

Madison defensibly folded her arms, squinting in anger, “No…no…”

The assistants were young females, Madison didn’t recognize either of them, they were probably recently hired or new members to this section of the hospital.

Although in a weakened condition, Madison tried fighting with the assistants while they removed the stained hospital gown.

“Why do you want to hurt us?” one of the nursing assistant pleasantly warbled, “We’re here to help you, Madison.”

“Be a good girl and let us remove the gown, it’s dirty and you’ll feel better in the sweats”

Cindy watched as the young females struggled with Madison, impressed on their professionalism and good humor in conducting the wardrobe change.

The hospital gown was finally removed but Madison refused to put on the conventional patient garb, whining in a panic, “You don’t understand, I’m not a patient! I’m not! I’m not! I’m not I’m not!”

“You’re embarrassing yourself with the temper tantrum”, Cindy authoritatively spoke to Madison, “If you’re going to behave like a child then I’m going to give you a time out! And that means no TV!”

Madison froze, she was indeed puzzled why Cindy’s threat frightened her but she complied with the nursing assistants and changed into the sweats.

A mousy gray hue, the hospital symbol and in bold script over the back of the sweatshirt it read -

RANDOLPH MENTAL HEALTH FACILITY

Madison whimpered at her appearance, she looked no different from any other anonymous patient.

A wheelchair was provided for Madison and then Cindy wheeled her out of the room for her appointment with Dr. Evans.

____

Madison shoulders rolled over, her facial expression a combination of dread and distress while Cindy wheeled her along the long aseptic corridors.

Madison eyes found their way to various patients roaming the halls, emotional and behavioral disorders flourishing, and she could hear the screaming and sobbing from the shuttered rooms.

As a nurse, Madison experienced this everyday without batting an eye but now it made her blood curdle, it was an opposite feeling now that she was one of them, an undistinguishable patient.

Madison impulsively began sucking her thumb, pulling on the fabric of the sweatshirt with her free hand.

Cindy encountered colleagues on route; all had very nice things to say about her, ignoring Madison completely. Finally reaching Dr. Evan’s lab, he looked at Madison with a victorious smirk, Cindy handing him her chart.

Dr. Evans glimpsed the chart, subsequently directing his attention at Madison.

“Well Miss Warner, I’m very ecstatic about treating you”, Dr. Evans elatedly grinned, “In a few months you’ll be a new woman, I can guarantee that for sure!”

Madison closed her eyes to concentrate, the fear of it all twisting her thoughts in knots.

‘This can’t be”, Madison weakly uttered, “…Let me out of here…”

“Oh Miss Warner, that’s impossible I must say, you’ve been committed, and won’t be released until I feel you are no longer delusional.”

Cindy gently patted Madison on the shoulder, “Dr. Evans is a notable psychotherapist, he’s the right doctor to handle a girl like you!”

Dr. Evans nodded, “Yes, Madison, you’re my private project; you deserve my full attention, once I’m through with you, you’ll recognize your proper place in society.”

______
Matt L.

Postby dxm9999 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:44 am

Fantastic addition!
dxm9999

Postby Junketh71 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Hah. Thank you for the speedy update.
Junketh71

Postby brightsun21 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:30 pm

Great start
brightsun21
Transformation Master

Postby div » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:18 am

Hello, Matt!

It is allways a pleasure to see what a little polish and few new twists can do. Aside from that there are quite a few similar sittings from a number of authors, some very promising but unfinished others ruined by lack of a truely working story line.

Tried it myself maybe half a dozen times as kind of a finger excercise, the kind pianists do, without the intention to share but failure lingered around the corner every time, different shades of failure but failure no less.

Good luck and kind regards!
div
Transformation Master

Postby Hongo1000 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:17 pm

Great 2 chapters, waiting for the next update.
Hongo1000

Next

Return to Matt L.