THE HAUNTING AT THE LAYTON HILLS MALL

Moderator: Matt L.

THE HAUNTING AT THE LAYTON HILLS MALL

Postby Matt L. » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:34 pm

THE HAUNTING AT THE LAYTON HILLS MALL BY MATT L.

Lydia Hampton sat quietly, her glum expression overstating her boredom.
The plump high school freshman had accompanied her sister Whitney for a short excursion at the Layton Hills Mall, unwillingly and grudgingly of course.

Polar opposites; Lydia was marginally overweight, something of an introvert and shunned the mall like the plague. Whitney, who was studying business at an esteemed university which catered solely to women with above average intelligence, was a stunning - energetic young lady, socially proficient and walked the corridors of the mall as if she owned the place.

Their parents on an extended vacation put Lydia in Whitney’s charge, naturally as Whitney visited the most opulent boutique at the mall in search for a wedding gown, Lydia had no choice but too tag along.

Lydia was parked on a comfortable bench in the boutique’s main aisle, gazing at her reflection in the mirror positioned a few yards in front of her. Lydia wasn’t an unattractive girl, curly brown hair, her cute face featuring apple cheeks, wide at the hips with a noticeable pudgy belly.
Although compared to her sister Whitney, Lydia considered herself a troll.

Lydia stared point blank at her reflection, albeit barely a grin attached to her face, the face in her reflection smiled back at her.

Then, and too Lydia’s shock, her reflection spoke back to her.

“You’d rather be home playing video games or reading, but that awful shrew of a sister high jacked you, don’t you hate how she brags about her upcoming marriage and her looks.”

Lydia sat frozen in her spot, thoroughly terrified at her own image talking back to her.

“Um, yes, surely you are. And you loathe Whitney’s criticism; she’s not shy or ashamed about needling you about your weight or boasting about being popular while in high school, a cheerleader and all the perks that went with.”

Lydia swayed her eyes from side to side; making sure nobody was around as she softly answered back.

“Whitney makes me feel like a loser….”

A baleful grin plopped upon her reflection, “And she bosses you around too, right?”

“How this happening?” Lydia finally questioned.

“You needn’t be alarmed miss, I’m one of many specters so as to dwell these premises, I sensed your discord, your powerful imagination allowed my materialization through the looking glass.”

A goofy smile reached Lydia’s lips, “My imagination, then I’m just making this up in my head!”

“No, Lydia, not at all. You seek retaliation, this is the opportune moment while your parents are away, take charge of the brat as you see fit…..”

_____

Whitney emerged from the racks of clothes, approaching her younger sister at a causal speed.

Whitney’s brown hair curling at her shoulders, her features as appealing as her athletically sound figure.
“Well I looked around, nothing exactly pleased me but I still have months before I have to buy the wedding gown.”

There was a distinct haughtiness to the sound of Whitney’s voice which didn’t go unnoticed by Lydia.
Lydia rolled her eyes, “big deal” she thought to herself, standing up she grumpily inquired, “Can we go now?”

“Ha-ha”, Whitney snidely taunted her sister, “Can’t wait to get back home and do nothing but play video games and chat on line with your alleged friends.”

“What do you care”, Lydia answered back, “I don’t bother you.”

“You inconvenience me with your sloppiness and negligent attitude”, Whitney boldly disparaged Lydia, “What if I have company, they’ll look down at you, it’s embarrassing having you mope around the house, lackluster about everything except what’s on TV or your inane games. Really, Lydia, nothing excites you.”

Lydia sulked, “Stop being so annoying, so I’m not popular like you were, big deal.”

“Can we please leave now”, Lydia added.

“As long as you promise to clean up after yourself…” Whitney began to set the rules, “And I’m going out tonight, so while I’m away, you can make yourself useful and do some housework.”

“Fine!” Lydia gruffly responded.

Lydia caught her reflection in the mirror from the corner of her eye which mouthed the words - who’s in charge?

Whitney took a step toward the boutique’s exit, “Before we leave I need to pick up some cosmetics….”

Lydia’s posture straighten as she glanced over her sister.

Whitney was a calorie conscious minx, usually she dined on healthy food, only occasionally did she dine on fast food.

“Just a minute”, Lydia called out, Whitney stopping in her tracks and spinning around.
“Yes?”

“I think we should have a nice lunch while we’re out. A good meal to hold us until dinner!” Lydia told Whitney.

“I shall say not”, Whitney’s voice elevating in sternness, “We had a decent breakfast and Roger’s taking me out for dinner tonight so I’m going to save my appetite for later. Naturally you’ll order out, have your jumbo size pizza with the works for dinner!”

Lydia took a step toward Whitney, practically invading her space, “Ah Contraire, mom and dad put me in charge, we’re going to have lunch here whether you like it or not!”

Whitney reeled back her gorgeous face, and to Lydia’s surprise, she conceded to her younger sister, “Okay, sure. You don’t have to get so ballistic about it.”

Lydia smiled, holding back her giggle as Whitney’s body language softened, her expression taking on a docile front.

Lydia was in charge indeed.

However, Whitney’s narcissism hadn’t changed at all, on route to the food court she incessantly spoke about herself.

“I think that boutique was okay but over at the Bridgeview Mall there’s a bridal bouquet that is better suited to my style, it’s a little pricy but the quality can’t be compared….”

Whitney’s pompous nature as well as her continuous talking was enough to give Lydia a headache.

Lydia flexed her eyebrows in thought, scrutinizing Whitney’s appearance for a moment, she looked very well put together, style was her expertise.

Whitney’s brown bouquet of a mane curled upon reaching her shoulders, illustrating her picturesque features while her slender - textbook hourglass - figure was garbed in a fashion knee high dress of an exotic blue hue. In contrast Lydia was wearing a dingy purple pullover blouse and olive green colored sweatpants, neither garment exactly complimented her flourishing well-fed figure.

Something of a fog seemed to fill the corridor, oblivious to all the mall patrons including Whitney, with exception to Lydia.

Lydia felt a sharp coldness sweep through the environment; Whitney not at all affected remained talking as if nothing out of the ordinary was happening.

The fog lifted almost as quickly as it appeared, the coldness subsided a moment later.

Just within the section of the mall where certain fast food eateries were located there now was a throw-back 1950’s era novelty diner.

Lydia’s intuition flew off the charts, “Let’s eat there!”

Whitney look over the inviting red brick structure with pink neon lights decorating the large picture window advertising the business as FATTY’S FAST FOOD & SWEET SHOP!

“I was just at the mall Tuesday, this place wasn’t here”, Whitney uttered.

The establishment was cozy enough; a long winding counter, several tables and booths situated at the entrance and in back, the waitresses decked out in beehive hairdos and vintage uniforms, 1950’s music piped in through the sound system.

Albeit the comfortable ambiance, Lydia’s presentiment registered some strange vibes.
Yet her inner thoughts encouraged her to nosh there with Whitney.

A large funky looking sign read; Please Be Seated, Your Server Will Be There Shortly!

They strolled over to a table, taking seats, they were promptly waited on.

The waitress was the archetype waitress, gray hair, and wrinkles over her worn-out looking face, her body rail thin.

“I’m Madge”, the waitress introduced herself with a friendly smile, “Is this a special occasion?” she asked as she doled out the menus.

Whitney was about to speak but Lydia took the initiative, “Oh not really, I’m just spending the afternoon with my sister, doing some shopping.”

Madge swerved her face to Whitney, “Well don’t you have a nice sister, taking you out and making a fuss over you.”

Whitney scrunched her nose in bewilderment that was an odd way to speak to her.
“Taking me out?” She pondered to herself.

Wanting to clear up any confusion concerning the status of their relationship and the reason behind their excursion to the mall, Whitney excitedly chirped, “We’re going to buy me a wedding dress!”
Whitney realized what she said, how she said it sounded stupid.
“What’s come over me”, Whitney briefly pondered.

Lydia instinctively giggled, the waitress nodding with a madcap grin, “Well good for you!”
Whitney noticed Madge winking at Lydia before stating, “Look over the menus, I’ll be right back to take your orders.”

It was akin to the Madge vanishing from their table, she was gone that fast.

“What’s up with that stupid wink that waitress gave you….?” Whitney huffily asked, pausing in shock upon noticing she was given a child’s menu. The menu made out of cheap paper had no words, simply pictures of what they served for children.

“That stupid woman gave me the wrong menu!” Whitney complained.

Lydia looked over her adult menu, produced with the best paper available, “Hush, Whitney! It was probably just a mistake. She looks like she had a hard day; give her a break, will ya.”

Whitney placed her menu on the table, “Okay, fine. Let me look at your menu.”

Lydia nodded in agreement, “In a minute, I still need to decide what I want.”

“That’s a no brainer”, Whitney cattily responded, “Whatever has the most calories and a double order. I don’t think I ever met another person so irresponsible with what they eat.”

Lydia angrily squeezed the sides of her menu, bestowing Whitney a scornful gaze_

But a smile developed over Lydia’s face as she saw a younger version of Whitney seated at the opposite side of the table. Lydia couldn’t correctly pinpoint her age but Whitney was much younger with a chubby face, her hair in pigtails. A cute puffy baby blue dress with short ruffled sleeves embellishing her moderately round shape.

Lydia released a giggle, the younger version of Whitney sneering at her in confusion.
“Lyd..ia..why you laugh?”

Lydia blinked, Whitney had reverted back to 21-years of age, still captivating gorgeous and slender.

“Well, Lydia”, Whitney asked again, the callous tone of her voice still intact, “What’s so funny!”

Lydia ignored Whitney and picked up the children’s menu, giving it a glimpse, she then causally stated, “I’m going to order for you, little sister.”

Whitney missed the blunt of the remark, thinking she was implying to the difference in their size.
“Little sister is right; if you continue getting heavier I might have to excuse you as a bride’s maid.”

Whitney reached for the adult menu, Lydia pulling it away before she could grab it.

“I’m not kidding, Whitney”, Lydia sternly enforced her authority, “I’m in charge, I chose your meal.”

Whitney unconsciously folded her arms over her breasts and pouted, “Just because mom and dad made you the boss doesn’t mean you get to decide what I eat.”

“Hey!” Lydia firmly addressed Whitney, “Calm down before you embarrass yourself.”
“Embarrass myself? How?” Whitney indignantly whined.

Lydia leaned in toward Whitney, “Whenever you get upset you dive into comfort food and eat like a pig.”

Whitney was about to furiously disagree, Lydia’s remark was an outright lie but somehow in the mechanics of her mind it registered as a fact, causing her to tilt her head and blush in embarrassment.

“Yes, that‘s right, I know your secret”, Lydia boldly smiled, “Your emotional flare-ups quelled with food.
Honestly, I wonder how you‘ve managed to stay slim.”

Whitney’s face bore a sour expression and she emitted a tense sigh.

Madge the waitress returned, seemingly out of the blue.
She gushed at Whitney briefly and then turned to Lydia, “Have you decided what you’ll have?”

“Yes, miss”, Lydia spoke in a charming warble, “I’ll have the chicken tenders and a diet cola, fries too.”

“And your sister…?” Madge asked looking directly at Lydia.
Whitney wanted to order for herself but her cognitive thoughts became warped with anxiety over what to choose for a meal.

“Oh yes, Whitney will have the macaroni and cheese with chopped up hot dogs, cheese fries and a chocolate milk. Large chocolate milk!”

“Delicious!” Madge chimed, “A good choice!”

Whitney finally spoke up but her reply was drastically challenged by her excitement to feed on food she rarely indulged in, “Whit-ney wants ice cream and cake!”

Madge looked down at Whitney with a cheerful smile, “Maybe if you finish your entire lunch without a fuss, your sister will treat you to cake and ice cream!”

“Be back in a minute!” Madge shouted out before apparently disappearing.

Whitney slammed her fist against the table, “What the hell is going on!”

“Temper, young lady!” Lydia rifled back. “Watch your temper!”

“You’re both treating me like a kid, do you know how old I am!” Whitney sneered.

“How old are you?” Lydia teasingly grinned.

Whitney was about to answer but somehow her exact age became utterly vague, difficult to determine for some bizarre reason. Lydia gazed at Whitney, thoroughly enjoying the pleasure of the role reversal.

“I’m going to warn you, Whitney, you be sure to behave yourself the entire afternoon or else you’re going to stay in the rest of the night.”

“But…but…Roger…we’re going out, he’s taking me to a fancy restaurant and everything…” Whitney whimpered.

“You can forget about Roger this evening if you prove yourself difficult”, Lydia stated with a hint of austerity, “Matter of fact I’ll even call him myself and cancel for you. Say you can’t make it because you’re feeling FAT tonight.”

Whitney gazed at Lydia with her eyes wide as saucers, “You ain’t kidding?”

“Nope, I’ll even say you’re afraid nothing you own fits you appropriately!”

For a moment Whitney sulked in panic but then a wide, humorous smile dashed across her face.
“If I eat everything, can I still have cake and ice cream?”

Lydia patronizingly nodded, “I guess, but I don’t want a crumb left of the mac and cheese.”

“Goody!” Whitney exuberantly shouted.

__

Madge returned and set the large serving tray with the food on an adjacent table, politely inquiring if perhaps Whitney would need a bib.

Whitney began to protest, Lydia reminding her to behave or the result would not be to her liking.

“Oh yes, please”, Lydia smiled at Madge; “Whitney can be a messy eater.”
Madge nodded and before Whitney realized, a large plastic bib was fastened around her neck.

Madge vanished thereafter, leaving the sisters to nosh, and as it proved, Whitney was indeed quite the messy eater.

Lydia was the sister prone to eat sloppily, at least until this afternoon at the mall. On the contrary, she now dined at a leisurely pace. Whitney all but shoveled the mac and cheese into her mouth, stuffing in the cheese fries in a similar manner.

Whitney’s lips and chin covered with cheese, slightly squealing at the superb taste of the food.

There were only a few bites remaining on Whitney’s place when she impulsively groaned, “Oh…that’s e-nough, I’z stuffed.”

“Don’t you want ice cream and cake?” Lydia asked.

Whitney rubbed her cheek, her voice comically squeaking, “Yeah but I can’t eat another bite of the mac and cheese.”

“We had an agreement young lady, and unless you finish, no cake and ice cream”, Lydia said with conviction.

“Please, Lydia, I ate most of it”, Whitney pouted.

Lydia stood up and brought her chair next to Whitney, promptly sitting along side her sister.
“I’m surprised; you have a hearty appetite and can’t finish this?” Lydia sweetly hummed.
“Well I’m going to help you!”

Whitney swerved her eyes toward Lydia, her lips portraying a melodramatic frown.

Lydia used a spoon to scoop up an ample amount of the macaroni and cheese, “There’s not much left, kiddo, you can finish it”, the younger sister said in an almost heartening tone.

Whitney slurped away the sample off the spoon, chewing in slow motion as Lydia wrangled the final remnants with the spoon.
“That’s a good girl, Whitney!” Lydia chimed as her older sister wiped the spoon clean of the mac and cheese, “I think cake and ice cream is a suitable reward for such a good girl who cleared everything off her plate.”

Whitney paused from chewing to snicker victoriously, cheese oozing from her lips as she happily grinned, “Cake and ice cream…”

Lydia revel in amusement at Whitney’s cheesed smeared lips and chin, “we’re not looking so in vogue now are we”, she mused in thought. Lydia’s eyes fell unto Whitney’s tummy, her smile widening.

The smooth consistency of Whitney’s belly now possessed a miniature U-shaped pouch which settled over her panties, the sheer material of the dress efficiently displaying the buttery pocket of fat.
Lydia slithered her hand over the doughy flange, the tissue roving under the pressure of her fingertips.

“Somebody’s figure is no longer unblemished, you’ve developed a nice little starter belly, huh Whitney”, Lydia teasingly smirked.

Whitney brushed away Lydia’s hand, but instead of behaving angrily, she reacted wimpy, “Stop it, Lydia. My tummy’s only puffy coz I just ate!”

“Anyway, you’re the one with the fat belly”, Whitney added with a whiny groan.

“So what”, Lydia sweetly admitted, “I’m not the girl with her nose in the clouds, clothes and fashion is your major priority, not mine.”

Returning to her chair, Lydia couldn’t resist taunting Whitney further, “All those peachy outfits and dresses you have we’ll just cart off to the Goodwill once you’ve outgrown them, yeah, that’s right.”

“I’m not getting fat!” Whitney emotionally stated as she folded her arms over her breasts.

“Are you sure you want ice cream and cake? Really sure? Coz if you are, you might want to hold off buying a wedding gown until just before the wedding. If you buy one now you probably won’t be able to fit into it on your wedding day.”

Whitney lowered her eyes, “You’re only jealous coz I’m getting married.”

“Oh yes, I can see it now, you waddling down the aisle!” Lydia laughed.

It was at that moment that Madge return, dropping off an enormous size serving plate that held half a chocolate cake and several scoops of vanilla ice cream.

“Oh take it away, my dear sweet sister has changed her mind about the cake and ice cream”, Lydia sarcastically grinned.

Whitney’s mouth dropped at the sight of the dessert, a flash of immaturity tainted her reasoning and she hopped up and down in her chair, “No! Whit-ney wants cake and ice cream!”

Whitney quickly grabbed the spoon which had strangely changed to twice its size and began devouring the dessert in an atrocious frenzy of gluttony.

Lydia jerked back her face, feeling a mixture of shock and gaiety while she observed the prim and proper Whitney making a pig out of herself.

The odd chill that Lydia had experienced earlier, an almost intolerable frigidity, had returned.
Lydia locked eyes on the waitress, her form now transparent, and for a moment she was correctly terrified.

Whitney was straddled in a vacuum, oblivious to the conversation between Lydia and the phantom.

“She ridiculed you without remorse, thought you defective and she cherished her superiority over you.”

Lydia fleetingly looked over at Whitney who was stuffing the dessert into her mouth faster than she could rationally chew.

“It is funny”, Lydia face gleaming a satisfied smile, “Very often she criticizes my appetite, reprimanding me and other crap.”

“It is reversed for ever now”, the phantom waitress malevolently grinned.

A green fog rose from the floor upward, whirling around the sisters, Lydia sighing as small circular beams resembling comets discharged from each others bodies, interlocking before bolting into the others.

“Ah, you’ll find yourself much more finicky in what pleases your appetite, Whitney will be heavily influenced by impulse, eating without discretion despite it spoiling her figure.”

“I’ll lose weight then?” Gleefully Lydia asked.

“Imagine yourself as you tarry the mall, it will be true.”

Lydia returned her eyes to Whitney, “She’ll get fat?”

“More so as you imagine”, Madge’s eerie voice taken up a notch, “Would you say Whitney is the vision for matrimony or even a candidate for such an illustrious academy?”

“Shit no!” Lydia bluntly responded, subsequently laughing, “All Whitney’s bragging proved to be pointless!”

“Take heed, once parting the mall every change will be exact!” the phantom gazed over at Whitney with an absurd grin.

__

The environment resumed back to normal, Lydia sitting in her chair with perfect posture, Whitney consuming the final bite of cake and ice cream.

Lydia surveyed Whitney’s appearance, in hope there be some drastic changes to her body.
All seemed the same with exception to Whitney’s messy face, her hair slightly tousled, and her belly pouch looking just a tad roomier.

“Ready to leave, do you still want to get makeup?” Lydia edgily asked.

Whitney had a dazed look in her eyes, hesitating for a moment before answering.
“Um yeah, I think so…”

Whitney laid her hand over her pulpy pooch, the soft patch of fat instigating her startled expression, her features curdling at the sight.

“Oh golly!” Whitney screeched, “What the fudge happened to my tummy, I couldn’t have ate that much?”

Oh golly, fudge, Lydia recognized those terms of not belonging to Whitney’s vocabulary.
Could the specter have thrown a monkey wrench into Whitney’s intelligence?
Lydia stood up, eyeing her own belly which was still plump and round, she grabbed a napkin, “We’re not going anywhere until I clean up your face.”

Whitney pouted, mumbling her complaints as Lydia wiped her face clean of the cheese…

“Oh shut up!” Lydia finally demanded as Whitney’s escalating harping ruffled her nerves, “This is for your own good, you’re the one girl who always has to look perfect, for once I wish you wouldn’t look so flawless!”

The lights in the diner flickered, Lydia stood speechless as she observed the changes to Whitney’s appearance which took her beauty down a notch.

Whitney’s lengthy brown hair seemed to be engaged by invisible fingers which elevated her mane and set it into a mangled upward style.

Whitney’s expensive earrings and gold necklace vanished as did her bracelet, the cosmetics she wore that afternoon had dissolved leaving her face bare while a trace of acne covered her cheeks which had apparently developed a touch of puffiness.

The stylish dress of an unique shade of blue was exchanged for a simple dress of an unoriginal style.
A tepid blue-green hue with wide straps and large ugly buttons, the material of an elastic fabric which heightened the plumpness of her pouch which unambiguously sprouted over her panties.

Finally, Whitney’s spectacular 38-C rack diminished to a 32-B.

Lydia took a step back; reeling in Whitney’s modified appearance.

Whitney looked at Lydia with an askew grin, “What’s up?”

Lydia didn’t know what to say, although she had to admit, the changes were too good to be true.
Whitney was no longer the very definition of eye candy, still attractive but within the threshold of average.

“How you feel?” Lydia unthinkingly blurted.

Whitney rolled her eyes and blushed in awkwardness, “Stuffed! I tell ya, Lydia, tomorrow I’m starting my diet, no excuses.”

Lydia watched as Whitney humorously pinched her pouch and giggled, “I’m going to say bye-bye to this for good!”

Standing up, Whitney added with a squeaky drone, “I know I should have worn my body shaper, ug, look at this fat.”

And with that Whitney playfully smacked her belly.

Lydia stood utterly amazed, Whitney wasn’t aware of the changes.

“So since we‘re through with lunch, wanna go, remember I have to get some face cream before we leave the mall!”, Whitney uttered a tinge whiny.

Lydia stepped asided as Whitney walked by her toward the exit, it was not only her sister’s lackluster gait that surprised her but her ass had marginally expanded in width and was now positioned a little lower on her body. The sheerness of the dress revealing the mushy deposit of fat that contaminated the tissue.

Lydia strolled outside of the diner with Whitney, turning around to give the eatery a passing glance; she was amazed as it slowly faded away, now a ragtag clothing shop stood in its place.
The paradox intensifying as Whitney sullenly groaned, “I hope they have some fast acting face cream at the store, I’d hate for Roger to see me like this.”

Lydia swerved toward Whitney, stumped for words; Whitney’s engagement ring was among the jewelry missing.

Whitney stood akin to her posture being made of rubber as she continued, “This is our first date, I wanna make a good impression. Golly, I’ve a total crush on him for a long time.”

Whitney nervously blushed and smiled.

Lydia finally managed to speak, “Right, the beauty shop, we’ll go there.”

Whitney’s eyes scanned the food court, and she crinkled her nose, “Those cheese fries I had were super yummy, I have a hankering for some more, would you mind?”

Lydia stared at Whitney, “Yeah, sure”, then pointed at a certain fast food franchise, “They probably have cheese fries over there.”

Whitney flew her hand upon her plastic coated pink purse with a smiling face and made a beeline to the fast food restaurant. Lydia followed at a leisurely pace but stopped cold upon noticing Annie Mannering with her clique of posh friends.

Annie was among if not the most popular vixen at school. A classical beauty with wavy black hair and svelte figure.

Lydia glanced over at Annie from her slender limbs to her alluring features, “I’d like to be just like her….”

Lydia felt a tingling sensation ripple through her pudgy body, although standing motionless the mall rotated around her, the transformation started with a minor spurt of growth that brought up to 5 feet - 7 inches tall. Her age increased as did her intelligence, her curly brown hair straighten into a stylish bob of a delicate shade of brown while the pounds melted off her figure.
The purple pull over blouse and green sweatpants morphed into a trendy dress of a lush lavender shade that hugged her slender hourglass form, showing off her alluring curves and complimenting her shapely 38-B cup breasts.
Lydia’s beauteous face featured a moderate assortment of cosmetics, fashionable earrings and a cute charm necklace appeared out of nowhere.

Lydia was now a high school senior, cultured and classy, a cheerleader and member of the honor roll.

She patted her taut tummy then rested her hands over her hips, a broad smile upon her face as Annie and her friends walked over to her.

Annie’s demeanor of familiarity toward Lydia denoted a mutual friendship; Lydia had been equipped with memories that coincided with her reinvented history.

“I expect you’ll be attending that get together at Lauren’s place, why not ride with us, we’ll pick you up seven-ish”, Annie candidly smiled.

Lydia’s former introverted personality had been exchanged for that of an outrageously spunky 18-year old, and she portrayed this image to the hilt.

“Definitely! Sounds like a plan!” Lydia responded bubbly.

As the seniors mingled, Whitney traipsed unto the scene, a large bag of cheese fries in one hand, a jumbo size milkshake in her arm. Whitney paused a few steps away from Lydia and her new found friends, using her lips to snatch a mouthful of fries, and then washing it down with a slobbering slurp of the milkshake.

Annie and the other girls turned and looked at Whitney.
“Yes, what do you want?” Annie sneeringly asked.
Lydia spoke up, “Don’t mind her, that’s only my sister. I took her along with me to give her something to do.”

Annie resumed her conversation pleasantly and positively with Lydia for a brief moment, Whitney stood practically invisible, not a word said to her even as the preppy ladies said goodbye to Lydia and strolled away.

Whitney approached Lydia, who even though was younger by 3 years stood an inch than her.
“You didn’t even introduce me, shucks, they seem totally conceited”, Whitney whined.

“You put it in the proper perspective, what else is there to say”, Lydia said with just a tinge of arrogance, “Now onward, Whitney, you’re in need of face cream while I want to stock up on some cosmetics.”

Lydia pointed in the direction of the beauty shop before taking a step forward, “I have a few things to do before I get ready for tonight, so at home stay out of my way.”

Whitney trailed slightly behind Lydia on route to the beauty shop, “Hey, I got stuff to do too! Remember I’m seeing Roger tonight!”

“Then stop dragging your ass behind me, move it a little!” Lydia demanded.

Whitney hurried along side of her improved sister.

Somehow during their trek, it dawned on Lydia, her older sister wasn’t enrolled in a prestigious school for academically brilliant women but a trade school located at the far side of town where she studied home economics.

This fact brought an abnormally wide smile to Lydia’s face and she couldn’t resist teasing Whitney just as she had teased her in their previous reality.

“Does Roger know you’re going to school to learn how to be a housekeeper?”

Whitney’s mouth dropped, and she gawkily nitpicked, “That ain’t fair, Lydia. I’m learning how to be a good homemaking so when I get married I’ll know how to like, you know, all kinds of important stuff. I can always be a secretary or office girl or something, not a cleaning woman, right? You know that?”

Lydia nodded, “I guess”, realizing Whitney was actually looking for some kind of approval in taking such a modest subject in school.

“And you’d like to get married and have lots of babies”, Lydia stated slightly sarcastic, “I mean after working as an office girl or in environmental services.”

“Well if I meet the right guy”, Whitney said tilting her head and gushing, “And Roger is so peachy, it be a dream if it’s him.”

The beauty shop was but a short distance away, Lydia slowed her gait, informing Whitney in a domineering mode, “Food and drink isn’t allowed in the shop, finish it now or toss it.”

Whitney diligently observed Lydia’s directive and she quickly gobbled up what remained of the fries and slurped away the milk shake.

“Whitney’s going become heavier than I was”, Lydia amusingly pondered.
Whitney was once very insensitive toward Lydia, ridiculing her chubbiness, lack of aptitude in fashion, and her appetite. Just that afternoon before their trip to the mall Whitney made a snide crack about her weight.

“Watching Whitney struggle with her weight would be nice, thoroughly cute as she fattens, going from one dress size to a larger one…”

Lydia paused her inner thoughts, her eagerness getting the better of her, “Whitney needs to experience some of the disrespect she‘s put me through….”

Lydia bluntly addressed Whitney in a sharp, crisp tone, “Aren’t you the butterball!”

Whitney squeaked in confusion, “What?”

Whitney began to feel tremendously lethargic, a dull headache ensued, all a result of her memories becoming rewired while her figure accumulated the excess pounds.

Lydia watched in astonishment as Whitney developed a legitimate potbelly, coinciding with the expanse of fatty tissue accruing over her face. The archaic dress upon her rapidly inflating figure adjusted to accommodate the squishy fat which claimed her body.

Whitney’s waist thicken in pace with the broadening of her hips, just as another spurt of growth impinged on her belly. The modest size potbelly progressed in girth, sprawling away from her body in acute roundness.

Whitney‘s face now held a rubbery consistency adding deep rooted dimples into her doughy looking cheeks, and she was equipped with a small double chin while her nose took on a swollen appearance.

Whitney’s belly expanded further as another surge of fat occupied her hindquarters and thighs.
There was a minor expansion to the width of Whitney’s posterior; however her butt-cheeks became abnormally swollen, adequate in proportion to the chunky nature of her flabby thighs.

Whitney’s breasts marginally drooped as her breast size increased to a 32-C, oval shaped but absolutely squishy in composition while her belly continued advancing in size. Whitney’s dress contoured to the bulbous shape, her belly, now exceptionally huge, protruded outward with an acute roundness.

The term ’butterball’ perfectly suited her figure.

The lights flickered a few times before the transformation was complete.
The once energetic young lady now resembled an inconspicuous couch potato with a habitual junk food diet.

Lydia gazed over at Whitney, positively thrilled at the changes.

Whitney’s chubby face bestowed a docile inexperienced young lady, pretty but unremarkable, her well-fed figure putting her in the 250-pound plus range.

A spark of familiarity entered Lydia’s mind, and she was appropriately aware of her sister’s reinvented history.

Whitney’s personality and appearance had been unblemished throughout her younger years.
At one point the most popular girl at school until just before prom and then she unexpectedly blew up look a balloon! All the wisecracks and jeers from her peers having a negative effective changed Whitney into a reclusive young lady who now worked part-time at Best Buy and was currently taking economics at a local trade school. Whitney had few friends and was much to shy about dating. In this reality Whitney never met Roger, although she did have a few on-line boyfriends who lived miles away.

“You going to wait out here or join me in the store?” Whitney asked as if nothing was unusual.

The niceties that compose the typical feminine prerogative no longer interested Whitney; her disposition had soured toward stylish clothes, rich perfume and cosmetics. However, she dread standing alone outside the shop, a spectacle that encouraged unfavorable looks and private criticism.

“I suppose…” Whitney voice thoroughly unemotional, and she waddled along side her sister, “….just don’t take all day”, she finished her sentence with a timid whiny tone.

Salesgirls circled Lydia, pitching their products and making small talk with the cute high school senior. Whitney was ignored as if she was invisible.

Lydia bought a few more items than she originally meant to buy, her fingers glued to a couple shopping bags as she strutted out of the mall a safe distance away from her overweight sister who gawkily waddled behind her.

The luxurious red sports car that once was owned by Whitney now belonged to Lydia, and after placing her bags in the back seat, she turned around and addressed her sister.

“I’ll probably have a bite at this get together I’m going to later, so you have to arrange your own dinner.”

Whitney nonchalantly nodded, Lydia adding with a smirk, “I surmise you’ll be ordering your usual jumbo size pizza with the works.”

Whitney again nodded, the very thought of having a whole pizza for herself was about as exciting as it got for her these days.

Lydia walked over to the driver’s door, and she couldn’t resist directing another domineering comment to Whitney.

“While I’m out, please tidy up after yourself, we both know how much of a mess you make!”

Whitney released a passive sigh, complaining was useless, thus she agreed.
Lydia was the responsible younger sister, Whitney negligent and sloppy.

Lydia bubbly smiled as she glimpsed at Whitney, the peculiar afternoon at the mall drastically reinventing their history; Lydia wouldn’t be as unnecessarily rude to Whitney as she was to her but from now on Lydia would treat Whitney as if she had always been an overweight introvert.

FINIS
Matt L.
Transformation Grand Master

Re: THE HAUNTING AT THE LAYTON HILLS MALL

Postby cane4kaa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:45 am

great story!!!!!!!!!!!
cane4kaa

Postby Junketh71 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:02 am

Well, this was interesting!
Junketh71

Postby Matt L. » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:17 pm

Hello Junketh71 & Cane4kaa,

Glad you enjoyed the story. Thank you for reading. I'll have another story posted tomorrow.

Cheers, Matt
Matt L.

Postby div » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:45 am

Hello to whom it concerns!

Have been reviewing a fair number of stories once again and am still at it. Sadly with no philosopher's stone found yet, nothing golden appearing out of thin air and SARS-CoV-2 not disappearing in the very same manner I am starting to feel humbled.

There is nothing much wrong with the Layton Hills Mall episodes except for me to degrade them out of a deeply rooted dislike for any fast-forward physical changes.

So this is to pay my spiritual respect to the deer I shot to eat from. Especially this story has a number of fine moments. A jewel in hiding.

Kind Regards!
div
Transformation Master

Return to Matt L.