Tainted Sins On Two Patreon Pages

Tainted Sins On Two Patreon Pages

Postby TaintedSins » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Thank you for the shout out, Vended. It's much appreciated. I just wanted to add, that the site patreon.com/taintedsins is primarily an AR/AP site. But I'm also a ghost writer for my longtime co-writer and collaborator Sylvia Black who became most known for our hypnosis files on warpmymind.com. She/we now are trying to cut costs to the customer by selling the audio productions on a monthly rate rather than the far more expensive individual sales method. And if you love stories of men getting humiliated through mind control and/or magic, especially if you want that man to be you, this site should be considered essential. We've just set sail, but already we've produced content you'll be hard pressed to find anywhere else. If you'd like to check out the mayhem, you can find it at http://www.patreon.com/themidnightcarnival Also, those who are willing to go out and spread the word about this page, take screen shots on any posts or advertisements you've spread and send them in for free custom content.

Cheers all,
TS
TaintedSins

Re: Tainted Sins On Two Patreon Pages

Postby TaintedSins » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:46 pm

I forgot to mention, for those who check out the site, there is a free hypnosis mp3 co-written by me and voiced by the wickedly seductive Sylvia Black. Admittedly, it is partially a plug for pursuing the pay portion of the site, but not in any way that hinders the quality of the production: I would have written every word the same given the premise of the file whether we were using it as an advertisement for our additional content or not. So it is a love and devotion file with a sample tray of other various popular humiliation fetishes scattered throughout. And if you give it a listen, I'd be mighty grateful for some feedback. Circumstances may have forced me to become a sellout, but I'm not a total sellout: I will keep writing and posting free content, I just have to sell enough content to keep the electricity on first so I can create and share the free stuff. And I thrive off of fans, haters and fellow travelers thoughts. I don't get them much anymore. I don't know if it's because people really believe I'm as big of a shot as I make myself out to be so they're intimidated or just think I won't care, or if it's just that I've just been too big of a prick for too many years, or, I suppose, the most likely reason, it's been quite some time since I've managed to capture lightning in a bottle like I used to, and my meager offerings are just that. Anyway, if you're interested in being hypnotized and humiliated (don't worry, it's make believe hypnosis...as opposed to the "real" hypnosis, I suppose) check out my homage to David Lynch as well as to Stanley's film that gave the recording its moniker, "Eyes Wide Shut."
TaintedSins

Postby Vended » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:14 am

And nothing more has been posted more than half a year later... :roll:
Vended
Transformation Grand Master

Postby SaoirseCook » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Under another identity, I worked more closely with TS. He is a good person at heart, and has a particular creative gift when it comes to this genre -- but I think like a significant portion of the neuro-atypical population, he has very significant issues with implementation and logistics. If I were in his place, I would issue things when they are finished, and not make promises beforehand. Then again, all human beings are victim to our own personal blind spots and failings -- I have my own. In the meantime, I would simply suggest to people that they forgive him his weaknesses, as we all have them.
SaoirseCook
Transformation Master

Postby Vended » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:53 am

Well, I would absolutely agree with you on normal circumstances. Tainted Sins has written amazing stories in the past - it's no wonder he's got his whole sub section here -, he could take all the time he need to write them.

But as soon as money get involved, it imply to answer to the promises made.

When I proposed to commission him, he instantly agreed, discussed a bit about the plot, then established his price. I sent him some first as agreed, and since then, nothing. He doesn't answer his mail anymore. And it's been half a year already.

I know at least two others commissioners in the same situation, one having reached up to me on DeviantArt. How can TaintedSins expect us not to feel we have been victims of a scam? :/

He should either deliver or reimburse. That's all there is to it.
Vended

Postby SaoirseCook » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:17 am

Given those circumstances, I completely agree with you, and I'm very disappointed in him.

Knowing him from that experience, I tend to feel it might be mental health issues rather than scam, but for all you know, I could be a puppet account of his, setting up a defense. (I'm not. But there's no way for you to know that, and such puppet-account scenarios have happened before.)

I would frankly see what if any opportunities exist for reversal of payment. The language on Patreon's refund page seems to put it entirely in TS' hands, but perhaps if done via credit card or Paypal, you may have options there. And I'd report him on Patreon, even if they're not being cooperative with refunds.

I'm sorry he's done this to you.
SaoirseCook
Transformation Master

Postby tfrmer » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:20 pm

I trust TS as he's had some issues ever since he created his first forums so long ago and has always come and gone at times as he's dealt with them. Mental health is no joke. I feel bad you contributed, but if he got over some of his mental issues hopefully you can feel what you paid might have been worth a lot of the previous stuff he created. I'm just lucky there are so many writers here that share there stuff without asking and it's so nice that they welcome other forms of appreciation like thanks and feedback.
tfrmer

Postby Vended » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:38 am

I do hope he will get better one day, reach up to those like me who got left over, and finish the deal as agreed. I'm just not betting on it.
Vended

Postby lealt » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:11 am

The stories that were commissioned and the Patreon are two separate things, though he intended to post the former to the latter, provided the person paying allowed him to.

I couldn’t say if TaintedSins is outright scamming people, but his requests for money are definitely designed to tug at your heartstrings.

About two years ago, he made a post on the AR Archive forum describing how his fiancé died in his arms of a brain aneurysm while they slept. The wedding was less than a month away and they had been looking at houses and thinking about kids. This tragedy led him down a dark path, the liquor store, hospitalizations in the psych ward and eventually an assisted living facility.

To make a long story short, he owed the pharmacy a thousand dollars and needed to pay $30 or else they would cut off his prescriptions. He had several projects in the works that might get him the necessary funds, if he could finish them in time. He asked friends and family for help. He was shunned by his religious relatives and his supposed friends he met at university, people who had the resources to help him, wouldn’t give him a dollar.

So, he made a post on their Facebook page, "Who's more moral, philosophers or fiction writers/readers?" in addition to a similar one on the AR Archive. He linked to a GoFundMe and the results would speak for themselves. On this page, he detailed his myriad of medical issues and ended up raising $420 out of a goal of $1000.

About two months later, there was an update to please help save his cat. She had breathing problems, the same as him, and he wanted to take her to the vet.

About a year later, he was back on the AR Archive forum with an apology and an advertisement that he was open to doing commissions. This was an opportunity that was not to be missed. His commissions were priced to move at $50 each, discounted from his standard fee of $200 and they were only available for a very limited time. He desperately needed $100 for the co-pay to see a doctor and another $100 for web design expenses and also pain medication. He said this might be the last time he ever does private commissions at $50 and the price would rise to $200 or $400 once everyone was reminded of what he could do.

A week later, he asked for $38.50 to keep the power on and discounted his story commission price to that amount. He also said the stories he was writing would all be intertwined as part of an interactive multimedia serial novel.

About two months later, he apologized for his unexplained absence. He claimed to have been in a serious car accident. A drunk driver ran a red light and t-boned him. He cracked his ribs, ruptured his colon and had to undergo several surgeries.

About 3 weeks after that, he stopped replying to emails again. One person tried to get into contact with him for a couple of weeks. After not getting a reply, they proceeded to dispute their payment with PayPal. Weeks later, he apologized for missing their messages. He was in the hospital and was otherwise unaware of any correspondences when he wasn’t.

A month later there was another misunderstanding, this time with his internet provider. To stay online, he needed $170 ASAP.

This is not to say that he hasn’t done anything. There are some stories posted on his Patreon, along with videos and podcasts. As far as they are concerned, he hasn't done anything wrong. A creator doesn't have to actually make anything, the site can be used as a way to support an artist you like. If someone is unhappy with their output, they are free to discontinue their pledge at any time.

I don’t know the man at all, but as an outsider reading his ramblings, I think there is a possibility that he said whatever was necessary to get people to give him money. For those who commissioned a story off of him, his bait to lure people in quickly was with low prices, lofty promises and a limited time offer. It is unfortunate that his writings have been derailed by several incidents since then. These either explained why he hasn’t been doing what he said he would or why he wouldn’t be able to.

When the power and internet were about to go off, people could either pay him or expect delays. When he disappeared for months, he came back with a harrowing tale to tell. When he was incommunicado again and someone wanted a refund, that threw a monkey wrench into the whole operation. These stories that were commissioned were all going to be connected and the removal of one meant he had to scrap the outline he had for the entire anthology.

You can’t get your story because he has to a run a contest to determine who will replace the person who doesn’t want to be financially involved anymore. And to write that story, he needs to talk with the winner and see what they want and adapt that to the overall plot. It’s all very complicated and time consuming, but if you stick around it’ll be the best thing ever. An audio/visual experience for the ages.

The situation pretty much played out how TaintedSins said it would from the outset.

Hello all. And when I say that, I do so knowing full well I'm coming in as the asshole. Last time you saw me I was spinning promises of not just all new stories, but a new way of telling stories, then I asked for money, then I just vanished.
Last edited by lealt on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
lealt

Postby lealt » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:30 am

The message above was originally written about a week and a half ago. I posted it to this topic and deleted it not long after as I had some second thoughts. I have chosen to repost it because it has become apparent that Tainted Sins has been reading this very topic and is choosing not to respond to those who commissioned a story from him.

The reason I feel confident in saying this is because the GoFundMe campaign I mentioned was recently deactivated, which only the creator (Tainted Sins) is able to do. Campaigns do not automatically close on their own. By default, they stay open until the creator elects to end it. Many never do. There are long forgotten GoFundMe campaigns from 2010 that are still online and accepting donations because they were never closed. When I wrote my post, the 2+ year old GoFundMe that Tainted Sins made was still active. It has since been shut down, by him.

Here is the original link, which now reads, "Campaign is complete and no longer active."
https://www.gofundme.com/endingtobeginning

And here is an archived copy from January 21st, 2019, where visitors can, "Donate Now"
https://web.archive.org/web/20190121064 ... obeginning
lealt

Next

Return to Tainted Sins