Interactive story Magic Board game continuation

Do you have an idea for a story, or are you looking for a story to write. Come here and trade ideas.

Interactive story Magic Board game continuation

Postby Rockn316 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:08 pm

http://thechangingmirror.com/intstory/s ... ageID=6085

Can one of you awesome writers pump out a few more great chapters from here in say 2-3 keepin with the feel of the story. I'm loving these interactive stories but most when the get cooking with greatness just stop and im left feeling like I just finished season 1 of Constantine only to learn there is no season 2 lol. I just recently found this site and Kudos because all you cats put out some wild and amazing stories!
Rockn316

Re: Interactive story Magic Board game continuation

Postby Burke_Rakers » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:23 am

Thanks for the encouragement, Rock. I hope I don't chase you away with the next post.
Burke_Rakers
Transformation Grand Master

Postby Rockn316 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:20 am

Your Welcome! So far the whole series has been pretty good. Like a TV series I hate waiting for the next installment. Damned Netflix, I wants to binge read it all lol
**Edit/Update**
I dug it! Defiantly didn't go where I though it would go for sure, I was hoping for a 2-3 but I actually enjoyed it. Well written and not everything can be just for me but this was a set up episode(I view these as episodes in a show). I see what you mean by scare me off but I like the concept of a magic board game and what had happened to rachel Im on the band wagon and you'll have to flip the wagon to get me to bail on it. Keep up the great work and I selfishly hope you have time to pump out a good bundle of installments soon!
But for what ever reason I love seeing accents written so I can hear them in my head rather than just the he said in a upper irish accent. I have no idea what that would sound like so it takes away from the story. But damn it Burke if you didn't put me in the same predicament I was in when I made this request lol.
Only feed back what was he wish? I know the results but the wording? I always feel that should be in there either right away or towards the end of a chapter, That's the only constructive feedback I can give as it was really well written in my opinion, Kudos Burke I dig your style. Time to catch up and hunt anything else you've written in the meantime (High Five)
Rockn316

Postby Burke_Rakers » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:29 pm

Well, I've decided that the game is making the wishes, but using to player as both the medium of transmission AND source of inspiration. The player isn't in direct control, yet the wish is always based on some dark corner of both the players own psyche and their knowledge of the target. Probably Robert was very proud of things his strength and success with the ladies, and (while this story could be set anywhere) he may have been a bit of an 'America First' sort of fellow. The rather racist run of his 'Engrish' (a very old stereotype about Asians among English speakers) is a product of Roberts racist opinion of Asians being enforced on him by the game. As to what the actual curse was...who knows. All we know are the effect of the wish.
Burke_Rakers
Transformation Grand Master

Postby Rockn316 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:21 pm

Rats, damn interpretative styling lol. Either way I enjoyed it and I didn't see it as racist myself. Stereotypes are that for a reason enough people do them to where its generally safe to assume one does it. Granted there is always going to be people who don't but that's a irrelevant topic to the conversation lol. In these genres you have to express things and that's the best way to do it, I feel. Besides if your looking for PC in these stories I really don't know why your here. I had figured it was a dark passion of the newly created Rachel to have a emasculated cat feed her, at least that's where I thought it was going. Either way I leave the writing to the writer as always for if I could do better I would, but then I wouldn't enjoy it because I did it and wouldn't ever get the "well where is this going??? fee"l. I'm just glad it hit one kink then something I find humorous which is foreign accents. Wasn't a fan of the Sissy boy thing but that's me and sadly not all these are just for me haha. Great twist non the less as I was expecting it to favor I forget his name, but and excited to see it play out for sure! I wont suggest anything though, leave the skill to the skilled! So glad to see new chapters or plot twists show up. I only like personally 5 if at all of those interactive stories, and hated how most just stop. Glad someone is continuing at least one I enjoyed. Nailed the hell out of the first chapter for me. very unique I thought of a WG, seeing how with that TF one can only spin it so much. again can't ait to see where it goes!
Rockn316

Return to Story Requests/I Will Write Your Story