Sophie's Premature Ageing (AP, DG, IQ-) Violet-C

Stories, stories, stories, stories, stories, stories, STORIES!
Forum rules
* Have the story title and the author's name in the subject line.
* Story tags are always appreciated.
* If an author has a forum, make sure to post there.
* Have line breaks between paragraphs.
* If you're posting someone else's stories, give them credit.
* Don't Like, Don't Read

Re: Sophie's Premature Ageing (AP, DG, IQ-) Violet-C

Postby Violet-C » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:24 am

Part 12

The New Year had dawned and I must have visited 30 flats that I could just about afford but none of them were right. They’d all been modernized far beyond how Mildred would live and some were truly amazing that I could even happily live in as Sophie.

I somehow needed to get across to the estate agents that I was looking for a real project, an old wreck that hadn't been redecorated or improved in anyway for at least 30 years. Then, just as I was at the point of giving up I managed to find what could be the perfect flat, it was in an old public housing block in Fulham, no more than a couple of miles from where I lived.

It had two bedrooms and from the look of the few photos the agent provided it was all very outdated and needed a total refurbishment, what the agent had described as “in need of some redecoration”. It looked perfect for Mildred and I immediately made an appointment to view it the next day. Apparently, it was being sold by the children of an elderly woman who had recently had to move into a care home. I couldn’t wait, it sounded almost too good to be true.

The next day I met the estate agent: Giles at the property. My hair had grown a little and was now in soft blond waves just reaching below my chin. It was an almost timeless look and with heels and a mid calf flared skirt I looked pretty cool, a little Grace Kellyesque. I could tell that Giles fancied me as soon as he saw me. He was probably about my age and all too sure of himself as he emerged from his BMW. I told him I was a cash buyer and invested in run down properties and that my team of builders could quickly refurb it and then I’d re-sell within 6 months at a tidy profit.

The flat was even better (or perhaps I should say worse) than I’d imagined. It had fitted carpets throughout that were either a deep pink colour or some particularly dated floral pattern. Every window had a flouncy net curtain, even in the bathroom and kitchen and then there were floral curtains in both bedrooms and the living room.

All the furniture was cheap and dated, but obviously had been kept clean until recently and it had a very dated kitchen and pale pink bathroom suite in the only bathroom (a bit of a comedown from my current Chelsea home with 3 beds and 3 bathrooms) but I knew I had to have it, but tried to hide my excitement as best I could. I told Giles I wanted it and made him an offer there and then at just 5% below the asking price as I wanted to appear like the savvy property investor that I was playing, (although I’d gladly pay the full price if need be).

Giles was clearly delighted to have an offer so quickly on a property that he obviously thought would be difficult to shift. He phoned the owner’s son straight away who said that with his sister’s agreement he’d be happy to accept. With that I was told I should know that afternoon.

Giles then obviously feeling very proud of himself asked me out to dinner and just for the hell of it I thought of the best put down that I could.
“I’d love to, but unfortunately my boyfriend is flying back from Monaco this afternoon, so maybe some other time”
I relished the deflated look in his eyes as he realized I was out of his league!

I spent the rest of the day staring at my mobile, willing it to ring and just when I was about to give up, at 4.30 it rang with the good news from Giles. Subject to contract etc the flat was mine. I gave him my solicitor’s details and told him how pleased I was. He also said that the owners’ were happy to leave the furniture as part of the deal, but he imagined I wouldn’t want any of it. I couldn't believe my luck, it would all be perfect for Mildred and I told him, he could leave it as my builders could take some of it to sell themselves.

I put the phone down feeling wet with excitement, suddenly I was making an enormous commitment, I really was going to live as Mildred and for considerably longer than the 15 days at the nursing home, but for how long, that really was now for me to decide.

The legal part of the process seemed to drag on forever and it was almost the end of February by the time I actually picked up the keys. I went round there immediately thinking what I could do and what changes I needed to make and spent two solid days cleaning. I also decided that my initial idea would work, my imaginary Great Aunt Mildred would live there and I’d be the owner. I investigated many adapted living websites and made arrangement for a plumber to come and change all the taps to ones with long handles for people with arthritis and also fit grab handles in the bathroom and a raised seat on top of the existing toilet. I would leave all the other decorations and furnishings in place. Unfortunately all the personal possessions had been removed other than some faded prints of kittens, bunches of flowers and a few landscapes but they would complete the image well. I need to buy some chintzy crockery, poor quality cooking utensils and also some tasteless nick-nacks to fill the now empty china cabinet that I could tell from my previous visit had been the past owner’s pride and joy.

It would probably take me about a month to complete all the relevant adaptions and purchasing that I needed. I also told Sam and Zoe of my plans as I would need to but some additional masks and spares for my disguise if I was going to successfully embark on this for the longer term.

Jenny got in touch to check if I was sure I was doing the right thing, but we both knew that I was. She also said I would need to keep taking the medication as otherwise I would simply be play-acting. I wasn’t sure if I could do that long-term but she assured me that for a young healthy woman like me there’s be no long-term side effects and once I stopped taking them all of my bodily functions would soon return to normal. She also said the nappies would work effectively when I was having my periods as it would seem strange if as an elderly woman I went to a chemist to buy Tampax. As usual, I fully understood her argument and agreed to her suggestions and she promised to make sure I had regular supplies of my medicines sent to me by post. I would need to buy my own incontinence packs though, but she reminded me that the humiliation would be a good part of the experience of being elderly. Of course she was right again!

To cover the costs of my new life, I told a rental agent to try and find a tenant for my own home for 6 months, saying I was going travelling abroad and hopefully I’d then be able to live as Mildred until the tenancy ended when I could do as I suggested to Giles, refurbish the flat and either sell it or rent it out and return to life as Sophie. Also, without the easy opt-out of returning to my own home I’d really experience the new life and effectively be stuck in my new persona for the duration of the tenancy agreement at my house.

I put 1st April in my diary as the day to move in. I gave Maria a month’s notice saying I was going travelling and paid her off generously; effectively buying her silence over catching me as Mildred and if she did tell anyone I could just brazen it out and say it was for my research. From time to time, I even tried to convince myself that that was the reason, but deep down I knew that was a lie and the need to be Mildred went much deeper than that.

Over the next few weeks I visited various car boot sales and bric-a-brac shops buying everything I needed to complete my new home as Mildred would have it decorated. I couldn’t believe that I was haggling over a £ or two here and there over some ghastly china figurines, but I knew that’s how Mildred would live and I also intended to spend a lot of my time struggling to dust and polish everything keeping my home spick and span! I also obviously had to buy more clothes to live as her full-time.

I also bought a number of second hand books, mostly romantic fiction and an old second hand television and stereo with old vinyl from the 50s mostly. I wanted to make sure that Mildred’s tastes had ended somewhere before the swinging 60s.

The final step prior to my move was to put all my clothes and personal possessions into a secure storage unit that I rented and to sell my beloved car. Mildred was going to rely on public transport as befitted a lady of her age. This was probably the hardest part, but I new there was no escaping the fact that it had to go. I didn’t have a garage and could hardly leave it parked on a London street for 6 months.

With the car finally sold and everything in place I was ready to move in. Sam had agreed to come over on the morning of the move to drive me over with my final case of possessions as I’d gradually moved everything else in over the preceding few weeks. I also had new fake dentures made that were sturdier than my previous ones that also made it a little harder to chew hard foods. I knew I had to suffer as many indignities as possible. Then with my hair newly thinned, suitably dyed and permed, this was really it, for the time being, for all intents and purposes, Sophie was no more, I had become Mildred MacManus!
Violet-C
Transformation Master

Postby BigBoy56 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:56 am

Wow! gets better with every new update! keep them coming.
BigBoy56

Postby blurmy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:35 am

This continues to be great.
blurmy
Transformation Grand Master

Postby Mars » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:27 am

You're weaving quite a tapestry with this one; excellent reading so far and it seems there's much to come.
Mars

Postby Matt L. » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:46 am

Impressive, entertaining story, I'm thinking there's a curve ball Sophie doesn't expect.

Cheers, Matt
Matt L.

Postby pinkhippo99 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:03 pm

Matt L. wrote:Impressive, entertaining story, I'm thinking there's a curve ball Sophie doesn't expect.

Cheers, Matt

Here's hoping.
pinkhippo99

Postby KyraBenoit » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:28 pm

I loved this continuation. This is one of the most intriguing stories currently in development on this site. Very well done, Violet-C!
KyraBenoit

Postby Camille » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Great update, thank you. Can't wait to find out what you have in mind for Sophie/Mildred.
My blog on ladies and maids swapping roles: http://lady2maid.blogspot.com/
Camille

Postby Violet-C » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:11 am

Thanks to Camille and everyone else for their kind comments.

I will be away for the next three weeks, so there will be a slight delay before I can return to this story so I apologise for that, but I have completed it to the very end but need to sub-edit before the remaining few chapters are ready for publication.

Camille - Could I ask you a question. I know you have published work on Amazon in e-book format, does it sell and is it worthwhile my trying to boost my income by possibly publishing this or another story I have in that format?

Thanks Again

Violet xx
Violet-C
Transformation Master

Postby Robyn H » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:13 am

I love the detail Violet is describing as Sophie sets up her great aunt (?) Mildred's flat. Like everyone else I wonder just what sort of hole she's inadvertently digging for herself and I'm eager to find out what it is. Whilst there is obviously a little suspension of of disbelief needed this is quite a believable story and that's what attracts me. The neat way Sophie is disguising the fact that she isn't past her menopause and at the same time forcing herself to remain incontinent through continued use of her medication is a clever touch. Though I have the feeling that there may be unwanted extra side effects.

Violet: I edited/proofed both of Camille's Amazon Kindle books and AFAIK they've sold well (all my editing is done for my own amusement). However, even without my help (rolls eyes!) Camille's work is excellent and I'm sure that helps but yours is equally excellent. I just don't know how you'd categorise it to find the right audience.

Thanks for your work but I'm not sure I can forgive you for leaving us in the lurch, eager for more about Sophie, whilst you indulge yourself by going on holiday. Your priorities clearly need resetting!

Robi
Robyn H
Transformation Master

PreviousNext

Return to Stories