Sophie's Premature Ageing (AP, DG, IQ-) Violet-C

Stories, stories, stories, stories, stories, stories, STORIES!
Forum rules
* Have the story title and the author's name in the subject line.
* Story tags are always appreciated.
* If an author has a forum, make sure to post there.
* Have line breaks between paragraphs.
* If you're posting someone else's stories, give them credit.
* Don't Like, Don't Read

Re: Sophie's Premature Ageing (AP, DG, IQ-) Violet-C

Postby Camille » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:07 pm

Dear Violet, thank you so much for this wonderful story. I won't hide though that my first reaction when I saw this short chapter and "the end" was a long and protracted "nooooooooooooo". I spent the last few days in "mad professor" mode inventing ways that Sophie's surgery could go. I've read pages upon pages on effects of ageing and age-related deceases and treatments wondering what would work best (or worst depending your perspective) for our heroine. Did the doctors do everything that was requested and to what extent? I was also looking forward to her long and painful adjustment to her new body. Was she getting regrets? Was she really happy now? Was it a mixture of the two?

Did all the surgeries go as planned or were there unindented side effects? I am assuming there were or she wouldn't be bound to a wheelchair a few years down the road. Perhaps something went so bad the doctors needed a lot more money than initially advertised to save her, leaving her penniless and unable to take care of herself well in her new elderly body? That would have been the ultimate irony. Her relationship with Sam went nowhere sadly. I would have loved to see their reunion.

Her marriage to Frank was a nice touch, but I would have loved to read a lot more about their life together, perhaps their wedding described. What would she wear to look nice for her husband? Will she adopt the overdone "elderly chic" style with heavy earrings and necklaces and big rings and heavily applied make up on her wrinkled face? I would also love to see her clothing style described. Her good relationships with Frank's grandchildren was another good touch - of course, Sophie herself is much closer to them in terms of real age than she is to her husband.

Are you considering working on an extended version? You mentioned earlier you were considering publishing this one as an e-book. Or is it pretty much it? I just think there is so much yet untapped potential in this one!
My blog on ladies and maids swapping roles: http://lady2maid.blogspot.com/
Camille

Postby KyraBenoit » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:13 pm

I'm going to be the bad guy here and state directly that the ending was rushed, incomplete, disappointing, and left dangling characters (e.g., Jenny, Sam). After a long, detailed, well-conceived story which attracted a large following, in which Sophie's/Mildred's thoughts were presented with pinpoint clarity, understanding and talent, the author decided to abandon that view into the thoughts of our heroine, and give us all a quickie ending. It was almost as if the author said, "I'm done with this, it no longer interests me, I want to end it as quickly as possible." And the author did. That's a sad epitaph for those of us who invested emotional capital in the author's ability to deliver - up until the very last installment. Would a couple more long chapters, investigating Sophie's/Mildred's recovery, thoughts, feelings, outlook, and expectations have been too much to ask? What about her feelings after the death of Frank? What does her future hold, as a woman expecting, perhaps (we'll never know) 50 more years of crippled life as an "old" woman??

Apparently, those questions were too much for the author to deliver. The ending was sad, but mostly because of the authors lack of follow-through.
KyraBenoit

Postby Lyssa » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:15 am

I liked your story :D .
I hope you write more.
:D
Lyssa
Transformation Grand Master

Postby summertime » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Lyssa wrote:I liked your story :D .
I hope you write more.
:D

I would like to see a reworking of Annabelle - any chance?
summertime
Transformation Master

Postby Junketh71 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:59 pm

This was a very powerful and poignant conclusion. Thanks for finishing!
Junketh71
Transformation Grand Master

Postby Camille » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:55 am

Violet-C wrote:Thanks Camille, I'll get something over to you to take a look at if you have the time over the next couple of months.

Hi, Violet. Are you still planning to publish Sophie's Premature Ageing? I surely hope this story's not over. That ending left me wanting more! Please drop me a line if you still need help, I am more than eager to help.
My blog on ladies and maids swapping roles: http://lady2maid.blogspot.com/
Camille

Re: Sophie's Premature Ageing (AP, DG, IQ-) Violet-

Postby Bs1974 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:48 am

Just reas this story again after a few years, stoll loving it and highly ticking off most of my boxes. Like most replies, I would loved to read more about the surgery, the finished results, her further transformation mentally and physicly. Maybe, after all these years and new inspiration Violet, you can go back in time and write a chapter 16a perhaps?

Anyways a bump for maybe new members to rediscover this gem!
Bs1974

Postby Robyn H » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:55 pm

There's also 'Anabelle's New Role' at Ladies Becoming Maids. One of Violet's first stories and well worth a look.

https://lady2maid.blogspot.com/2016/08/ ... -role.html
Robyn H
Transformation Master

Postby summertime » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:12 am

Well worth reading and it remains one of my favourite stories from Violet-C
summertime
Transformation Master

Previous

Return to Stories