Unscrupulous Inquiry

Stories, stories, stories, stories, stories, stories, STORIES!
Forum rules
* Have the story title and the author's name in the subject line.
* Story tags are always appreciated.
* If an author has a forum, make sure to post there.
* Have line breaks between paragraphs.
* If you're posting someone else's stories, give them credit.
* Don't Like, Don't Read

Unscrupulous Inquiry

Postby Eidio » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:41 pm

This is a story I ran across today. I thought some of you might enjoy it. I did not change the authors writing style in any way.

Deviant Art

Unscrupulous Inquiry
by Siva-the-Corrupted, 6 days ago
Literature / Fan Fiction / Fantasy
Woman to Goblin TF
A collaboration between myself and a friend.
Amara played by me.

Enchantress Amara: Lem Vel was one of the biggest goblin communities known to man. A sprawling city made of rock and mud that was the home to over 200,000 goblins and over two dozen tribes. Having been erected beside a lake and along a river, their primary means of food was the fish that swam into the lake from the river. Most humans steered clear of the city, preferring not to mingle with such a savage community, not to mention the smell of the little beasts was quite off putting, most of them having no sense of personal hygiene. The lake had come to be known as the goblin lake, polluted by the creatures and their lack of concern for the environment, even the one they frequented. What most people didn't know was that a place as old as Lem Vel held more than just little dirty green beasts, it held secrets and practices that could be valuable, should anyone more capable figure them out.

“I think this'll do nicely,” Amara said, taking a step back and examining the goblin girl in front of her. The little beast had been preoccupied with the hair brush Amara had given her, deciding to curiously use it to brush her pet rat's fur. The goblin hadn't noticed the magic Amara had just imbued into the creature's little body, not that it would matter even if she did. “Huu~” The woman nearly laughed, that was until she caught a whiff of the goblin girl's much more noticeable smell and she instead nearly gagged.

“Get out,” she said with a booming voice that startled the goblin who nearly dropped her pet rat in a hurry to scurry out of the tent. The enchantress emerged from her tent, briefly glancing towards a pack of goblins who were curiously eying Amara's tent before turning her attention back to her new goblin weapon. The goblin girl offered to give Amara her hair brush back. “Uhg. You can keep it,” she said. “Actually...” Amara's smile returned and her emerald gaze looked to the other nearby tent that was on the other side of several trees and some bushes. “I think I know someone who would want to see your new toy~”

Daina: Daina sat in her tent, looming over her notebook as she transcribed her latest set of notes into her compendium; having made a satisfying amount of progress on deciphering the goblins' tongue. Studying a language as primitive as theirs proved equally fruitful and frustrating - it was borderline animal in its usage of grunts, growls, and scant few bits of proper vocalization, but at the same time, she often found herself hitting odd bumps in the proverbial road - unsure whether or not some concepts had words in goblin tongue, or if the individual goblins didn't know them.

Idly flipping through a few pages of her compendium, she figured she was probably the closest anyone had been to truly deciphering the mess they called a language. It certainly aided in her other fields of study - crouching down and grunting in the right way seemed to earn her the trust of the populace to investigate more sensitive and sacred sites. More, she thought impishly, than her... Peer. Personally, Daina wasn't a big fan of competition in academia - being a strict proponent against it before she started this little excursion, but the longer she spent around Amara, the more she began to understand it. Yet, she withheld herself from being hostile with the woman - after all, she was the only other human for miles... And despite knowing their tongue, for the most part, the Goblins didn't make quite eloquent conversationalists. Besides - having some... Exclusive studies among the locals couldn't hurt, after all.

Enchantress Amara: Amara was often known for great achievements and even greater discoveries. She had been all across the globe and had discovered lost cities, mastered magics thought lost to time, fought in several of man's wars, and researched and resurrected species thought to be extinct. Her focus was like a laser and she often homed in on secrets that most people would pass over, so anyone who happened to be researching the same thing she was was probably on the right track. The problem was that the enchantress Amara was not a woman who liked competition, and with how much power she had learned to control over her lifetime and the merciless personality she had developed... She was a dangerous person to compete with.

Hunched over her notes, Daina had been trying to make her next breakthrough with her research when a foul smell played at her nose. Had the wind shifted again? Both her and Amara had chosen a campsite upwind from Lem Vel for a reason, but some mornings it was unavoidable. Even so, it was worse than usual and it lacked the usual fishy smell, instead it was much more musky.

“Look.” A goblin voice came from behind her, managing the single word. Standing behind Daina was the same Goblin girl Amara had prepared for the mage. She held her pet rat in one hand while she continuously brushed its matted fur coat with a hair brush. This was the first time Daina had witnessed any interest in hygiene from a goblin; albeit was a rat's hygiene, but still. Where had she even found a hair brush?

The questions might have to wait, rather the little beast's smell was really starting to fill up the tent. Every inhale from Daina had the stench sticking to the back of her throat and she could practically taste it. The beast's had never been known to be clean, but this was on a whole other level.

Daina: Still in the midst of transcribing her notes, even if she was nearing the end of today's notes, Daina's focus was still on the tome before her more than anywhere else - so, as that smell began to tickle her nose, she couldn't help but sneer. Her line of work often put her up close and woefully personal with her subjects - and while the rewards were great, well... That didn't make it any less nauseating. She couldn't help but gag and sputter, holding one arm over her nose and trying to continue writing, but the voice from behind her made her jump. Goblins speaking common was... Cute. Seeing them attempt it was cute, but hearing it was another thing altogether. It was much too throaty, harsh and sometimes gurgled - so used to their own, rough tongue that a higher language was irreparably marred.

Daina looked over her shoulder to see the Goblin - her expression laxens a little; not because it's any less disgusting, but... Because she didn't want to convey her disgust to the Goblin. Her first instinct, when she watched the Goblin groom her rat, was to inspect the hair brush - to make sure it wasn't one of hers. She'd never had any trouble with theft before, but she couldn't help but be a little paranoid. Thankfully, her paranoia wasn't justified. When she opens her mouth to applaud the Goblin, she finds the scent almost tangibly falling upon her tongue, making her hastily shut her mouth and stifle a retch. "That's... Very nice." she murmurs, placing down her quill. She tentatively lays a hand on the Goblin's shoulder and begins to lead her out of the tent. "Thank you for stopping by, but I think it's time you get home. You don't want the mean old witch next door catching you." she says with a little giggle. Given - Daina was a practicing sorceress; she knew better than to put herself anywhere near Amara's caliber, but she was damned proud of her power. Even so - she had fun calling her competitor a witch.

Enchantress Amara: Just as soon as the goblin and Daina had cleared the tent, Daina would find herself being startled for the second time when a voice snuck up on her, this time from her right.

“Is there a witch around these parts,” Amara said, standing with her arms crossed beside the tent's entrance. “I'll have to be more careful while conducting my research.” She played it off like she didn't know Daina was talking about her, but she totally did.

“I thought I'd come and pay you a visit, but I didn't think you'd already be keeping company.” She eyed the goblin girl briefly. “And such, uh... special company at that. I suppose it is easier to talk with someone more your intellect level though, isn't it?” Amara prodded at Daina with her words and smiled. Why was she actually here?

The goblin girl eyed Amara before hobbling away, still satisfied with her new toy, totally unaware of the rather terrifying curse her body now held. A curse that had already found its first victim.

The goblin hadn't been inside the tent long at all, and even though she was gone, the smell still stuck around and every breath Daina took still had the musk invading her nose. What the mage couldn't have known was that the smell was already in the process of imprinting itself upon her body. Her body had become stained with it and soon it wouldn't be the goblin's stench that loomed around her, but her own. Already, her body was undergoing gradual hormonal changes that were practically undetectable by the naked eye. It would begin first as just a sour smell that would quickly overwhelm any perfume the mage was wearing, and as the stench of Daina's body grew thicker and more overbearing those hormonal changes within her body would soon have her skin undergoing some changes.

Daina: "Ah, Amara!" Daina calls; her voice squeaking a little with as nervous as she was. "Good to see you-" she begins, only to be interrupted by Amara's little dig. Try as she might, she couldn't restrain a little twitch of her brow. Amara had doubtlessly been practicing considerably longer than Daina had, but she simply couldn't stand it when the bitch flaunted it around. Which, of course, was rather often. She winces a little and gives the fragrant Goblin a little pat on the back, prompting her to head out. It was a great relief to see the Goblin leaving - although, Daina only figured she'd be satisfied when her scent left. It clouded the air so thickly that Daina could swear she'd rubbed off on something.

As soon as she's gone, Daina leers toward Amara. "Don't take it personally." she says bluntly. "I just needed to give my exalted guest a bit of motivation to head home." Given, it was a lie; but she thought it was a plausible enough one. "Given that you were in a ten-foot radius of her, I'm sure you could understand why." She wipes her hand off on her robes, sneering a little and retreating back into her tent. As she opens the entrance flap, she turns back to Amara. "I appreciate the visit, but I think I've just about entertained as much company as I can stomach." When she's inside, she groans. Somehow, the imperious reek of Goblin seems to have flourished in the confines of her tent. "Gaaaaaah." she grumbles, throwing the flaps open and tying them to stay as such - trying to air the place out.

With that done, Daina retrieves a handkerchief and dabs at her forehead - perhaps it was the humidity of the tent, the embarassment and frustration of dealing with Amara, or something else, but she was working up quite a scent... And that damned oily reek didn't help either.

Enchantress Amara: Amara's keen eye and knowledge on what to look for would tip her off to the subtle changes almost immediately. She stood there smiling and ready to trade quips with the mage all the while Daina's skin was starting to push sweat from every pore. Unfortunately, the enchantress didn't get to see much before Daina fled back to her tent.

“Aww~ No fun~” Daina heard the woman call after her.

Inside the tent the smell was still pretty bad, but it wasn't as bad as when Daina shared the space with the smelly goblin. At least not yet. Her feminine body was still working overtime to push sweat from her body. It didn't bead up like normal sweat would, rather it was oily and grimy and soon her skin had a gentle sheen to it.

Daina dabbed at her forehead with a handkerchief, unaware of the grungy build up of her own sweat along the sides of her nose, across her hairline, within the confines of her cleavage, under her arms, and between her legs. Her body had completely changed its hormonal balance to mimic something not too different from a goblin's, her oily skin so grimy it looked like she hadn't bathed in weeks.

The worst part about it was it stunk. Just a whiff of Daina's handkerchief would tell her that much, smelling like someone had wiped a goblin's ass crack with it, and it was pushing forth from her entire body, permeating her clothes and constantly invading her nose one breath at a time.

Daina: Daina huffs and dabs some more sweat from her brow with her already-sodden handkerchief. The scent wasn't making her gag, but at the same time, it was getting pretty damned close to it. It made her queasy, and for reasons she simply couldn't fathom, it was... Circulating. Like the fresh air coming into the tent was just blowing it around and fouling up; never allowing it to get drawn out, away... Or better yet, toward Amara's camp. As she leans down over her compendium again, a stray lock of moist hair falls over her face. Errantly, she brushes it away. She... She pauses. When she looks back up, she feels... Heavy. Laden with sweat rather than just a little sweaty. Yet, she could feel from the breeze entering her tent that it wasn't hot - it was rather temperate around here.

With a frustrated sigh, Daina abandons her compendium again, placing her handkerchief next to it with a disturbingly audible squish. Daina was fond of wearing rather covering robes, most of the time - and she was the first to admit that they got rather hot, sometimes. Perhaps that was it? She couldn't think of anything else - her encounter with Amara didn't unsettle her enough to get her that hot under the collar, after all. She retreats to the corner of her tent that has her trunk in it, and she removes her robe slowly. As soon as she unlaces it, she could feel a rush of warm air rising up from the collar - bringing with it a thick and stuffy scent like the Goblin's. "Oh!" she yelps, doubling back and falling onto her ass. "Oh, oh gods..." she sputters out between coughing fits. She struggles to force the dress off - no-doubt somehow tainted by the Goblin. She's left clad in a rather modest pair of pants and a shirt clinging tightly to her chest, with her robe sitting in a reeking pile beneath her. Daina continues to hack and gag as the scent circulates around her.

Enchantress Amara: “You sound unwell.” Amara's voice came from outside the tent. Daina could see her silhouette still looming around the entrance to the tent, not daring to enter it, instead peering inside the tent from her spot outside where the air was tainted less so by Daina's own stench. “Honestly, I thought it was the goblin that smelled earlier, but... Have you tried bathing anytime recently?” Maybe Daina shouldn't be surprised to hear Amara say such a thing, seeing as how the enchantress cleaned herself every morning, but she was accusing her as being the source of the smell?

How could Daina have suspected that the enchantress was right? That the very smell that was making her ill was that of her own body? A woman couldn't smell this way, they just couldn't, but every breath was choking with the same thick stench. It was flooding her nose and burning itself upon her memories and it was only triggering further changes in her body.

They were subtle, at first. A slight swelling of Daina's nose, something she wouldn't even notice without a mirror, and her ears seemed a bit more pronounced beneath her white hair. How long would her hair remain white? Already single strands of hair were growing darker as they progressed towards black.

Daina: Daina gives a ragged hack as if in response to Amara's observation. "Funny, I feel great." she spits back sarcastically, her voice a tiny bit rough from all the coughing she'd been doing. She tentatively presses a hand to her breast, feeling her shirt - feeling how moist it'd become. The oily sweat on her body sits in an even sheen, but so too does it seep into her clothes, saturating them and perpetuating the rancid scent. She holds her stomach as she stands up, bile rising in her throat not just due to how nauseating the stench was, but because of how frustrated Amara's comments were making her. She takes a short breath, but seemingly unavoidably her reshaping nose gives it a subtle snorting quality.

"Well, even with proper care and maintenance, there's only so much a woman can do when she's actually involved in fieldwork." she shoots back. "It'd be nice if we could both laze around the camp all day, wouldn't it? But alas, some things require a little more effort." With as greasy as it was getting, her hair was falling out of position a little more easily, forcing Daina to sloppily scrape it back.

Enchantress Amara: “Hmph.” Amara held back a chuckle. “That reminds me, since you're so involved with field work I was hoping you'd let me take a glance at your notes.” What? Was she serious? She said it so casually it practically came off as a joke. Amara had always kept her work as far away from the eyes of Daina as possible, yet she had the nerve to come over here and request to see her notes?

Of course the enchantress wasn't going to take no for an answer and she already stepped into the tent, her emerald gaze wandering briefly to Daina's desk before she froze where she stood. Her eyes went wide and she immediately raised a sleeved wrist to her nose.

“Nnn! My god...” She turned her head and actually gagged, practically dry heaving. If she had eaten anything today she might have actually vomited in Daina's tent. After regaining herself, she fully faced the smelly woman and actually took a step back, her nose still covered by her wrist. “Your reek surprises even me,” she said, her voice muffled by her sleeve. This whole time the enchantress thought Daina was overreacting, but she really did smell horrendous.

“Maybe I should wait to look at your notes until your done... with what you're doing.” What did she mean by that, and why did she think she was going to get so much as a glance at her notes?

With her attention solely on Daina now and her a bit closer than she was before, Amara had caught subtle changes she hadn't noticed before. The mage's forehead had broadened some and her brow seemed much more pronounced. Even more, she could catch signs of short dark hairs starting to sprout above the bridge of Daina's nose to bridge the gap between her eye brows. It wasn't just her brow that was gaining a new hairy makeover. Daina felt a prickling sensation along her armpits as new black hairs pushed out from her skin, and it was accompanied by an itchiness between her legs. It was that same wiry black hair sprouting above and around her sex, along her taint, and even around her anus. It was all just more surface area to pick up that same body spunk and spread its less than glorious smell to anyone nearby.

Daina: Hoping she'd have some meager element of privacy, Daina reached under her arm and began to scratch at herself - she was rather itchy - and by now, she could tell that something was wrong. She was sweating like a damned pig, and that scent was pervading everything - hanging around her tent, her nose, and her mind like a soupy haze. Daina tried to sweep her arm over her nose and mouth to keep it from bothering her, but with as saturated with the greasy sweat that her clothes had become, it just gave her a more concentrated dose of the rancid odor. Her eyes had begun to redden and grow a little watery, the poor quality of the air beginning to bother her even in that regard.

When Amara enters, her eyes fall upon the enchantress. She knows full well what power she held - that she could cast some sort of illusion or turn up the heat in her tent if she wanted. She's prepared to tongue-lash her for it, but... When she sees the woman stagger back, the possibility falls from her mind. It wasn't an illusion - a prospect that was both relieving and even more scary. Besides... As lauded as Amara was, there'd be no way that she'd stoop to such sophomoric pranks. Even so - something was direly wrong. She was too distracted - but no less infuriated - to respond to Amara's kindly little suggestion to peer at her notes until now; now, she slams a hand on her desk, wedging her malodorous body between Amara and her compendium. "With all due respect, Amara, I don't think I'm comfortable letting anyone see my notes until they're finished." She barely registered how she was furrowing her slowly-knitting-together brows at her peer. "And besides - I'm under the impression something may be afoot. I'd much prefer if you'd give me some time and privacy to investigate.

Enchantress Amara: Daina had put herself between Amara and the desk and the enchantress didn't hesitate to take a step back, the mage's mere proximity enough keep Amara at bay.

“Heh. Something is certainly going on,” Amara said, sounding rather amused by it, like she knew something Daina didn't. A glance towards the hand Daina had slammed on the desk and Amara saw that the woman's fingernails were nearly black, somewhere closer to dark brown. Her nails had grown rather thick, their surface coarse, and the nails' edges jagged. Unseen to her eyes was the greenish-yellow hue that Daina's palms were taking on; just the beginning of what was in store for all of her creamy flesh.

Amara risked taking a step closer to get a better look at Daina's hands and that's when she noticed; she was taller than Daina. Amara had always been shorter than Daina, but now, although it was slight, she was taller than her. Amara's smile returned, although hidden behind her sleeve. Daina's legs had already lost some of their length, but it wasn't just her legs, her whole body had shrunk some; a process that was gradually ongoing.

Daina couldn't have realized what it was her body was preparing itself for, what life Amara had already forced upon the poor mage. She was on the fast track to becoming a goblin and as both of the goblin experts knew the little beasts couldn't use magic. It wasn't just a mental thing either, rather their bodies didn't possess any form of a mana pool. And already Daina's changes were starting to reach her own mana pool, its size dwindling and her control over it lessening.

Daina: Daina didn't much like the ominous nature of Amara's reply. Was that just a jab at her scent, or something more... Suggestive? Daina's thicker brows leer again. She'd been so hasty to drive a wedge between her research and her competitor that she'd doubled over quite blatantly to slam her hand down on her desk - putting her at a bit of a height disadvantage already, but she's quick to right herself now that Amara had stepped back. Even so, she notices a bit of a vantage Amara had over her. When she furrows her brow next, it's more in confusion than anything else. "What's that supposed to mean?" she muses inquisitively.

She'd kept her hand on her desk while she nigh-accused Amara of interfering with her, and as her nails grew, they began to scratch against the desk - most noticeably as her hand had been inadvertently balling into a fist. When she feels her nails dragging on the wood, she winces and pulls her hand close to herself, muttering a curse under her breath... But, then, she can't help but notice her nails. It was the hand she'd lain on the Goblin - the very same that saw her malodorous visitor off, and the very same that now bore blackened nails and an off-color palm. Trying to rub the coloration off, baffled, bore no fruit.

Daina's heart began to pound in her chest. Her nails were hideous - filthy, and while not exactly sharp, predatory claws, they were long, jagged, and ill-tended. The tone across her greasy palms seemed to shift before her very eyes. Where before she wore a look of scorn, now it was replaced by fear. A chill crept slowly down her shortening spine, as a shuddering "Wh-what in the hells...?" escapes her lips.

Enchantress Amara: The discoloration of Daina's palm wrapped around to the front of her hand where her skin practically squirmed as both its texture and color shifted. The pale flesh of her hand darkened and turned green as did her shortening fingers

Amara's smile was as wide as could be, her gaze going back and fourth from Daina's changing hand and to the look on her face. While Daina's heart was beating faster with fear, Amara's was with excitement. She couldn't help but think that Daina was getting just what she deserved and Amara felt all the more powerful for it. This was the beginning of the end of the scholarly mage known as Daina.

“I suppose if you're going to smell like a goblin, you might as well look like one, too,” Amara said, malice practically dripping from her teeth. It was the big reveal and she was savoring it.

But it wasn't just Daina's hands that were undergoing changes. By now, everything was out of control. The past few minutes was Daina's body preparing for the inevitable and now the once subtle changes were growing more and more pronounced with each passing second.

Daina's white hair now clumped into locks, held together by her body's grime, and as time went on more and more of her hair faded from white to black. The strands lost their silky gloss and the softness disappeared, instead gradually becoming a wiry mess of stiff matte hairs, their only sheen coming from the same grime that her skin now produced.

Both of Daina's ears could no longer be hidden by her hair, even with the mess it was quickly becoming. Their forms had expanded outwards and their tips had become pointed. She could feel something of an unnatural force, as if something was pulling them and stretching them to bigger proportions. The once peach colored flesh of her ears already starting to match that of her green hands.

It took everything Amara had to keep herself from laughing, especially as Daina's nose continued to swell further, slightly upturning as it stretched further from her face. Only after a large gross wart followed by a smaller second one erected themselves halfway down her nose did Daina even notice her shifting nose.

Daina: Though active in the respects of having to travel and work with indigenous populations, the life of a scholar was not a particularly rugged one - demanding more time be spent manning a quill or weaving spells than doing any hard labor. What, then, could explain the coarse, leathery texture of Daina's hands, if not magic? She recognized the texture; she recognized the tone, the grime, the nails, and the rancid stink - all leading her to a decidedly Goblinoid image, yet never did she ever in her darkest nightmares think that she'd be looking at Goblinoid hands extending from her own body. Her breaths came in hot, panicked... Snorts, due to her changing nose. Her entire body convulsing, not just with change, but terror, she falls to her knees, staring at her trembling hands.

Be it shock, awe, or morbid scholarly intent to observe such a radical alteration, Daina takes a while to react to her change with more than just a terrified, denying stare. When she does, she goes to violence. Her greasy hair bobs unevenly as her hands shoot out to Amara's dress, her jagged nails scratching across it. "Fix this." she orders furiously, rasping through grit teeth... But her anger melts into fear just as easily as it'd risen from it. "I don't know what I've done to anger you to this point - but for it, I'm sorry, just... Oh gods, anything but this - anything but this!" she pleads, releasing Amara as she notices her voice taking on a more nasally tone. Her chubby little fingers reach for her nose and feel its unfamiliar topography before giving a labored moan. "Oh, gods, fix this!"

Enchantress Amara: “Don't touch me!” Daina's lunge towards Amara had the enchantress taking a hasty step back, but not before she stained the front of the white fabric with her body's funk. It wasn't fear that had the enchantress retreating, but disgust. Daina's body had devolved so much that even the person that had orchestrated Daina's changes was disgusted. This wasn't how magic was supposed to be used.

“Anger me?” Amara still held her hand under her nose, but Daina could feel the twisted smile that the woman's lips had stretched into. “Huu~ I'm not angry at you. When a savage pretends to play scholar I find it endearing. “Fix this! Fix this!” You cry. I am fixing this. You'll be with your own kind soon.” Witch... This woman really was a witch! How could she so mercilessly ruin Daina's life like this without any sign of remorse?

Daina's body didn't wait for the two women to converse to continue its changes. Like it or not, they pressed on. Her body continued to shrink at a gradual pace, but those reductions seemed to hit the changing woman's legs more than anything else. Daina's body proportions were soon out the window as her legs scrunched themselves shorter and shorter while the rest of her shrinking body tried to play catch up.

Where Daina's clothing once fit her snugly, her shrinking form soon had her pants threatening to slide from her hips and without the support of her shirt, her breasts sagged some as they lost some of their firmness. Within her shoes, Daina's feet had barely changed in size at all, just another drop in the bucket of the terrible proportions Daina's body was quickly developing. There was some pain as her toenails extended and pressed into the inside of her shoes, their grungy and jagged forms not being denied no matter how much Daina hoped they would.

A groan came from the goblin woman's gut as a pressure was building up inside of her at a fast pace. Her body was shrinking, but the gas inside of her was not and that gas needed to go somewhere.

Daina: Amara's reaction made her flinch; fearfully raising her hands and shutting her eyes. When she opens them again, she finds the sight that greets her to be... Disorienting. She was looking at Amara's stomach; looking out from between knobby, greasy, green fingers and out past a bulbous nose that intruded upon her field of view. It was like she'd been torn out of her own body and placed in somebody else's; the simple... Facts of existence haven't quite carried over yet. And yet, scared as she was, there was something in her that was set alight by Amara's taunts.

"A savage?" she says, her voice hoarse. "I... I am no savage!" She throws her arms down and stamps her foot forward - perhaps the size difference was forgotten for a moment in a haze of terror-fueled fury, as she closes the gap between herself and Amara, jabbing a leathery digit toward the enchantress. "I am a sorceress, a scholar, and...!" With a sudden jolt, she feels bondage on her ever-diminishing legs. As her body twists, her clothes find less to hold on to - her pants limply slip off of her lower half; putting on display a dense, wiry mass of hair over her sex marred as much with grease as the hair on her head. The fabric trips her up and sends her careening to meet the ground; her face landing in the dirt. "Gaaah!" she grunts, clutching her bulbous nose and recoiling into a kneeling position. "Fuck, fuck!" she nasally whines.

As she groans, she feels a shifting inside of her. There's a tangible shift as another inch is shred from her form; and she feels her innards twist with pressure. "Auugh..." She whines; giving a soft belch. Her face grows hot - she'd have thought it would be red, but with the slimy green taint spreading across her flesh, she's thoroughly confused what color she'd blush. Her hands drop from her nose to her sides; less to alleviate the building gas pain to but in a reflexive gesture to ease the pain across her body - on her face, her feet, her gut and core. Her eyes move, panicked, as she grabs one shoe, having to yank the damned thing off; lobbing it carelessly toward her desk. In the midst of removing the other one, her gut growls and shifts again - the gas seeks and exit, and this time, it unflatteringly and rather loudly escapes from her rear. By now, tears are building in Daina's eyes as she shifts around in the dirt, her clothes already sagging on her form.

Enchantress Amara: “A sorceress? You?” Amara mocks the shriveled Daina with her chin held high and finally revealing her smile as she dares to lower her hand from her nose. “Come then. Use your magic to fix this. Show me what you're capable of!” But what came next was not a display of power from Daina. The only magic that happened was that of terrible timing as the built up gas within Daina loudly erupted from between two color shifting butt cheeks.

“Ahahaha!” Amara burst into laughter. “A splendid answer! Truly, a fitting response from a “sorceress” of your caliber.” This bitch! Daina was a sorceress, but here she was mocking her like she was just a joke.

More and more of Daina's features were changing, not yet satisfied with the ones that had already befallen her. With one shoe off, the two of them got their first look at Daina's foot, that same black hair sprouting across the top of coarse green flesh; her toes, having actually gained some length, were capped with those same thick claw-like nails that look like they had been stained from years of dirt and fungus.

Upon the changing woman's face, her mouth was already growing, the corners of her mouth stretching towards her massive green ears. The wider her mouth stretched the thinner her lips became and the harder it grew to conceal what was happening inside. Her teeth were changing, but not only that more teeth were pushing up from the gums of her growing mouth, their long and pointy forms stained yellow and some even cracked. They pushed their way up with little care of what got in their way, pushing one another askew. Her tongue gained increased length, but lost some girth in the process of her mouth's ongoing changes.

“Poor thing,” Amara said. “You've yet to realize it. Tsk tsk tsk.” The woman shook her head, pitying Daina. What was she talking about? “And here I thought you were a goblin expert. Really, you have no shame. I guess you can't be blamed. As your changes go on it only gets harder for you to notice.” Amara loomed closer, standing over Daina. “Your ability to detect it has deteriorated, but mine certainly has not. Your control over magic has gradually been fading since the beginning. After all, goblins can't use magic.”

Daina: "Fuck you!" Daina spits, though her protest is deafened by Amara's haughty laughter. "Fu-" she coughs a bit, followed by a loud, rancid belch. Gods - this gas was fucking killing her. Feeling like her shoe was about to burst - or that she was going to break a toe before her feet and nails had stopped growing - she shoves off her other shoe and lobs it at Amara. Less and less, she realizes, she can fight; that she can protest. She wasn't a savage, she says - but she knows full well how much she looks the part. She savors the bits and pieces of pale skin still showing across her form; those spared from the sickly yellow-green tone that preceded the nasty, new 'normal' green tone on her form. She looked like the color of swamp muck - and by now she was a greasy, gassy ball of slime already. Watching wiry, greasy hair crop up on her feet - which she knew damn well would be uncovered for a time; few Goblins bothered with footwear - just made her think that 'hairy' would be added to her list of epithets as well, soon enough... Unless she could fix this.

Yet, the more she watched Amara, the further and further her safety seemed to get. For as much as she hated the bitch, she knew that if anyone could reverse this, it was Amara - but she'd do nothing if she didn't want to. It was woefully blatant that she didn't want to... But, either from fury or some pitiable holdout of hope, she wasn't willing to give up the fight just yet. "Amara," she croaks out. "Amara - please." She even crawls forward on her knees - growing all too aware of how pungent the scent of her filthy new feet was; in addition to her own rancid, musky stench. "Plleeeasshhhhe... Ghk-" She winces and slurs as her tongue twists; flopping in her mouth like a fish out of water. Each new tooth that grows as her mouth is pulled wide open is a pinch of pain. She can barely control it - and worse, she slavers with slimy spittle as it happens. Her tongue, at one point, slips from between her lips and flops back, slopping spit across her nose. "Ggghl." She tries to force words out; but only as the change relaxes its grip on her muscles is she able to speak again.

Of course, she doesn't. By the time she's able to, Amara is taunting her again. Taunting her about something; but, as she watches her body destroyed before her, she can't help but wonder how much further the enchantress could twist the knife. Defiantly, she gazes up to her - but then, she shows her hand. Her words didn't sound like a taunt - they sounded like a judgement; a grim sentencing and damnation. Her eyes go wide and her maw falls open in shock. "N-no," she whimpers out. "no, no, noooo!" she shrieks. She'd spent years agonizing over her magical studies - practicing and meditating and comitting intricate rituals to heart; she couldn't lose that.

Enchantress Amara: Amara winces at Daina's cry. “Unpleasant little voice,” she muttered before moving past the little beast to inspect the now unguarded notes upon Daina's desk.

Daina's body was starting to finish up it's changes. Her eyes had turned into beady little red orbs that did little to convey any sign of humanity. Her chin had grown pointed and her disproportionate arms hung as low as her knees. The color of her flesh had totally shifted into its new greenish color, her flesh now coarse, lacking any sign of the feminine softness it once held. Her breasts sagged beneath their own weight, dotted with zits and capped with dark green nipples, a few stray hairs sprouting around the rancid little nubs.

Daina: Amara's passive response infuriated Daina - the enchantress wasn't even looking at her anymore. She wasn't paying attention to her life-ending plight, to her words, to anything but how... Unpleasant her voice was. Daina scrambles about on the ground, her claws scraping the dirt as she stood up, feeling her greasy breasts sag downward with the motion. She can't help but give a snarl as she holds her leathery hands up...

And, she tries to cast a spell. As a mage, one grew akin to the sensation of spellcasting - the flow of mana and channeling of energy through their body and directing it to coalesce and provide the correct effect. Yet, there was no... Flow, in this case. It was like pushing a boat through a riverbed gone dry. Tears fell from her beady little orbs and she lunges at her desk, her claws scraping the fine wood as she tries to grab at her book. "No! Stay away, you heartless bitch!" she cries, her voice sullen and wild.

Enchantress Amara: “...!” Amara moved to the side after gracefully plucking the book from the table top between two fingers, holding it just above the frenzied goblin, just out of her reach. “Come on. Jump for it~” She teased her like this was all just a game. But the teasing didn't last long before a glow came from Amara's emerald eyes and the next second an invisible force had Daina tumbling across the ground and out the front of the tent.

“Hmm...” The enchantress emerged shortly after, her eyes already scanning over words Daina had scribed when she was still human. “Tunnels between the largest structures... If that's true, then...” A smile pulled at her lips. “That's where it must be.” She snapped the book closed before glancing to Daina. “You're not as stupid as you look,” she said.

Daina: The book itself is heavy - about six inches thick, including the heavy leather binding. The pages therein were designed to be filled with decades of research, let alone the comparable pittance of the few years she'd spent here. It was heavy to hold - weighty; so close to slipping from Amara's fingers. Just the slightest bit of pressure or disturbance would let it fall - Daina felt like a hungry animal staring up at a piece of fruit ready to fall off its tree. And thus, she lept for it with the same craving and wildness as an animal whose only choices were to eat that fruit or starve to death. Her squat little legs and broad, clumsy feet did little to lift her off the ground, and even for as large as she thought her arms were; disproportional as they were, she kept getting within inches of her jagged, extended nails before falling down to earth.

She felt like her last attempt was her closest - but even she could tell she was deluding herself when she thought that she could've gotten it if she jumped one more time. The blow threw Daina's senses out of whack - she was already struggling with an unfamiliar center of gravity, so she flailed as she was sent tumbling away; adding a smattering of dirt to her already-greasy form. She lost her shirt on her way out of the tent as well - thus she stood; the dense mats of hair beneath her arms visible and her sagging breasts pointed almost straight downward. She sneers - or smiles? It's hard to tell - at the latest taunt, standing up. "Smarter than you, it seems." she spits. "Shame I didn't put everything in my compendium. With a mage of your caliber around, you can never be too careful of unseen scrying, eh?" She... Bluffs. The thought of Amara getting her compendium was terrifying - that had everything of worth. Everything that was important about her research. The few things she never committed to it were anecdotal; what one chief likes for dinner, where to get the 'best' food. Without that compendium, she had nothing notable.

Enchantress Amara: “Smarter than me?” The idea did not amuse the woman. Her green eyes were still glowing, a sign of her flowing mana ready to be used at a moment's notice. Daina should not have said that. Behind Amara the tent collapses in on itself and the sound of cracking and breaking was heard as everything was compacted into a smaller and smaller area. A dark realization might have reached Daina the moment the compacted mess was set alight and caught fire by unseen forces; Amara was erasing any evidence that Daina had ever even been here and Amara managed to cast all her magic without so much as uttering a syllable.

“I think it's time you learn your place, you...” The woman pauses, taking a look at the fully exposed and completely changed goblin in front of her. Her nose curls and her brow furrows, Daina's gross body beyond even her wildest expectations. “...hideous, disgusting little beast.” Amara walked closer to Daina as her stuff burned in a pile behind her, her eyes still glowing. “There's a reason the other goblins stay away from my tent.” Other goblins... She was already referring to Daina as if she was actually one of them. “They know better than to mess with someone more powerful than them.”

A sudden invasive presence scratched at the back of Daina's mind and she immediately knew it was Amara. Magic involving the mind was supposed to be forbidden as the power and corruption it could be used for was simply too dangerous. That's why most mages were taught to counter it with magic of their own.

“Let's see what you know then,” Amara said as if she was casually grocery shopping, only it was Daina's memories she was looking through. Images of Daina's life were flashing before her eyes. Amara was as greedy as she was invasive, some of the goblin's earliest memories being accessed, looked over and being casually tossed aside.

“Without your magic, you're totally defenseless. I don't even have to be careful about what I do,” she said, digging deeper. “Let's see... Math is overrated, isn't it?” With that the concept of math was completely erased from Daina's mind. “And... Let's see... No more words with the letter “I.” That should be fun. Huhu~” Another category wiped from her memory. Any words that contained the letter I were gone, but she still knew of their existence, if only to cause frustration, she just couldn't recall what they were.

“Not so smart now, you and that literal big mouth of yours. C'mon, c'mon! Try and stop me, little goblin! Ahahaha~”

Daina: Daina's life was falling apart before her eyes - she could feel her face if she wanted to; not that she did, and she could tell that there wasn't a single centimeter of overlap between herself as she was now, and herself as she was supposed to be. Nobody could recognize her - nobody; herself included, could tell what manner of corruptive force was used to turn her into this... 'hideous, disgusting little beast.' The words rung true with Daina, striking at her very core. Even what little she had in here was gone - the crumpled, compressed pile of Goblin-stink-tainted material now alight and belching ash over the area served as her home for these last few years... The only thing that survived was 'safely' in the possession of the woman putting her through this terrible situation in the first place.

But for all that, getting under Amara's skin like that made her feel pretty damn satisfied. Even so - when Amara advanced, she retreated, taking tentative steps back on clumsy, leathery feet. Eventually she stumbled over them, causing Amara to loom over her like a titan. To Daina... Loathe as she was to admit it, that's exactly what she was. Daina prepared to say something snappy back at the enchantress, but found her head... Feeling odd. Tickled; touched and flipped through as though a book. Daina's red eyes go wide and her hideous monobrow raises as she realizes exactly what Amara is doing. Reflexively, she raises her hands and begins to choke out an incantation... Before looking down at her hands, and reality stifles the reflex. She had no protection - she had nothing. The experience was surreal - flashes of memory were overlaid onto her view of the looming mage. The time when she broke her arm falling off of her mother's horse. The day she discovered her favorite novel. A litany of successes and failures. Even more recent ones; the time when she got to look into one of the Goblins' sacred sites. The time she spent with a chieftess of a predominantly-female Goblin tribe... And the rather embarassing proof of femininity she had to provide to said chieftess.

Even the most innocuous secrets of the Goblins were laid bare to Amara. With her compendium in hand, there wasn't anything Daina knew about Goblins that she didn't. The sensation in Daina's head changed - it wasn't ticklish; it was more like a hand grasping in her head - tearing things out. There wasn't any pain beyond a mild headache - but there was just a sense of... Loss. Daina's grubby little fingers intwine themselves with her greasy, stringy hair and she shrieks again, knowing full well what the enchantress is doing. "No! No, no, I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" she pleas; her voice shrill. She falls onto her back as she feels more taken from her - it's hard to tell what, but as she tries to access things robbed from her, she just finds a void where things are supposed to be. "N-nuh!" she pleas from on the ground, writhing and clutching her head. "D-Daina!" she asserts. "Not Goblin! Daina e-eh... Ah, no, no! Am human! Daina! Am! Human!" she pathetically cries.

Enchantress Amara: “Ohoho~ You should hear yourself. You're sounding more and more like the rest of them every second.” Amara tucked the stolen compendium under her arm and before long that invasive presence in Daina's head faded, but it wasn't before Amara made a couple last minute changes. Yes... Her work here was soon finished.

“If you're a human, prove it,” Amara said, daring Daina to even try. “I'll fix everything. That's right, I'll undo it all, return your book, your body, your memories; everything.” A beacon of hope where there was none and to think it was brought about by Amara's voice of all things. “All you have to do is...” Amara's lips spread as she grinned ear to ear and her next words came as practically a whisper. “...write your name in the dirt.”

A simple task that even a goblin could do and Daina knew it! It wouldn't be more than a few seconds before the goblin's mind was leaping before it looked. She would be ready to do exactly as Amara instructed her, but when the moment to write arose... no letters came to mind. She couldn't remember a single one! Try as she might, start from A and go to Z, but she couldn't picture a single one let alone remember how to scribe them! All she had to do was write her name. All she had to do was spell out Grubby.

The realization would come fast and hard. Even the simple task of the goblin thinking of her name had a wrench thrown in it right from the start. Try as she might, the only word that came to mind when the goblin tried to remember her name was Grubby. This couldn't be happening! She knew her name wasn't Grubby, but her mind kept coming back to it, over and over. No... This was Amara! She had stolen even her name from her!

Daina: "Ah... A-aaaah..." Daina groaned in the dirt, her unflattering body limp, bar her hands still clutching her head. It was... A torturous experience in itself to have her mind invaded like that, let alone everything else that was going on. She felt like her thoughts were pockmarked with holes - she'd run into roadblocks so many times, just trying to think of simple things. She couldn't escape Amara in her own thoughts - the basic murmur 'What is happening' had even been sabotaged by the theft she'd suffered.

Proving it, though - that Daina could do. She rises off the ground tentatively, her entire body wracked with a weakness. "One," she begins. "that... Th-that my name... On book." Her name wasn't physically on it - but somewhere in the pages she knew the correct name was mentioned. Plagarism had always been a concern of hers, so she made sure to scribe her name after a major entry. "But... You don't want that, so..." She closes her eyes and purses her lips, knowing damn well how foolish she sounded. "Me do as you want." She leans forward and looks over the dirt; noticing impact points where she'd hit. She can clearly make out footprints; from the few Goblins that'd come here in the past while either she or Amara examined them or probed them for information. It was a harsh blow to her morale that she realized that she couldn't discern her new form's footprints from theirs. She wipes away some marks and footprints to give herself a blank surface before she realizes...

She can't write. The alphabet - it was just... Gone. She could speak, she... Oh gods, she probably couldn't read either! She holds one dirty hand over her mouth, trembling. What's more, the realization of her loss - the loss of her name - brought her back to tears. They rolled down her cheeks, and as she looked at the blank surface of the dirt, struggling to think up something... Anything that could get her out. What 'solution' she could find was just a desperate fling - a trick she knew likely wouldn't work in the first place. She points to the compendium and leers at Amara through bleary eyes. "Look through book." she orders. She had an alphabet in her head... Just not the right one. It'd have to be enough. She extends one finger and cuts through the dirt with one nail; dirtying it further as she moves in simple, scratchy motions. Her most recent research was still fresh in her head - and in the book, for that matter. She writes something in the dirt in Goblin script; as Daina stands up, she looks it over, and it looks... Correct. Five letters; her name, even if it was in the wrong tongue. She wipes away her tears and points down to it, beaming. "Look at that." she says pridefully. She looks over it herself, one more time, and...

Wait. Was it... How many letters were there? One, two, three... S-six. G-r-u... "Oh gods."

Enchantress Amara: Amara's gaze briefly glanced over Grubby's scratched out name in the dirt and she smiled.

“Grubby... Is that your name?” The enchantress looked to the goblin, looking almost innocent. She knew damn well that wasn't the goblin's name and Grubby knew it, too, but why couldn't she remember?! Wait, if Grubby admitted this was her name would Amara change her back? No, of course she wouldn't, that wasn't her old name, it was... her new name.

“Are you sure you don't want to try again~” Amara taunted her, the smile upon her lips a stark contrast to the tears that stained Grubby's cheeks. She was heartless. She really was.

Daina: "No!" she asserts, falling back down to her knees. "Not my name! No, no." As she shakes her head, she can feel her bulbous ears and stringy hair waving around. She plants a palm in the dirt and tries to wipe the script away, but as deeply as her jagged nails cut into the dirt, the markings remain and all she succeeds in doing is smearing her palm with earth. She scoots over on the ground to a fresh spot, not even bothering to clear off the footprints before trying to write again - with the conviction that she's correct.

When she realizes she made another 'G', she moans and moves again. She tried her best to search through her best recollection of her name - while always being redirected to Grubby, she feels it should be something else. Yet, no matter where she looked in the Goblin alphabet, the letters to spell her name always came back as 'G, r, u, b, b, y'. "No, no..." she groans, pounding her hands in the dirt.

Enchantress Amara: “Keep trying,” Amara said, walking past the goblin girl playing in the dirt and heading towards her tent. “You'll get it sooner or later. I've got work to do. Perhaps... I'll make mention of the goblin I found today writing her name in the dirt.”
Eidio

Re: Unscrupulous Inquiry

Postby vladimirpootis » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:54 pm

Wow, I never expected this to end up here. I was Daina in this RP; I had no idea they were gonna post the log to DA.
vladimirpootis
Transformation Master

Postby oberon21 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:37 am

I loved this story, it's not like something I've come across before. I'd love to know if a continuance was planned though.
oberon21

Postby Eidio » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:19 pm

I hope you don't mind Vlad. It really is an excellent story. If you do I could remove it.
Eidio

Postby vladimirpootis » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Naw, I don't mind. They asked for permission to share the story to people who wanted to read it - and, uh, I guess they did that, just not the way I expected. Besides, it's a pretty nice, and pretty uncommon means of transformation.

In regards to a continuation, there isn't any planned. I felt the ending was abrupt, but that's where Amara wanted to end the scene. The only other thing we had as a concept was the idea that poor little Grubby would get planted somewhere in Lem Vel and sorta get lost; have no way out and have to acclimate - dare I say assimilate - into Goblin life.
vladimirpootis
Transformation Master

Postby Eidio » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:29 pm

It amazes me what I can find when I do random searches online.

Eidio

Postby oberon21 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:31 am

just checking to see if there were any update to this concept as you said you were considering them.

After that transformation it would be good to see more of this world.
oberon21

Return to Stories