Mind Flayer Feeding Formalities (IQ-)

Stories, stories, stories, stories, stories, stories, STORIES!
Forum rules
* Have the story title and the author's name in the subject line.
* Story tags are always appreciated.
* If an author has a forum, make sure to post there.
* Have line breaks between paragraphs.
* If you're posting someone else's stories, give them credit.
* Don't Like, Don't Read

Mind Flayer Feeding Formalities (IQ-)

Postby Theacds » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:10 pm

The mithril bound angel panted hard. One the mental count of one, two, three, she tore in a swift motion the chains holding her down and with a flap of her wings she burst up off the ground and strained.

The attempt went poorly. Feeling its failure, she let herself fall. Sharp, violent surges would snap these chains eventually, she reminded herself, and attempted another tally. But her fingers shook and something in her arm made it hard to lift it more than halfway up from her side. Her supernatural senses were weighing her down.

Every bruise was a bludgeoning, every scrape was a cut to the bone. Closing her crystal blue eyes to the tune of a sigh, she burned energy on regeneration. Instantly, the pain vanished, leaving behind nothing but a dull throb of fatigue. None of this would have been an issue if it wasn't an illithid holding her captive. Though, if it wasn't an illithid, then she'd have her righteous arsenal and the chains would've been mere iron, making the thought superfluous.

The thing would return soon, and each passing repetition before regeneration was ever lessened than the ones that came before it. Worse, the chains were holding. The Demons' of Hellfire Heights had bound her wrists, legs, neck, and wings with dark and enchanted metals yet she was freed within the hours by struggle alone. Was it possible that this mortal metal surpassed that? Illithids couldn't remove the holy aura or powers of a celestial, so far as she was informed...

An interruption--the door! From beyond her natural radiance, its tainted aura stalked. Even on its own ground, the monster treads carefully, it would seem.

When finally satisfied, it stepped into her light. Four tentacles wriggled hungrily in her direction. Two ebony eyes bore through her soul. It wore the husk of an orc slightly shorter than her giant stature, its infamous grey skin and red eyes hiding under cloak and parasite alike.

"Release me." She commanded wearily. "I... Am..." What was this... Feeling...!? "A celestial of... Th-the...!"

The thing gestured down hard with a free hand, and her mind fell to a heavy crash. Sputtering, gasping, failing, she clung to consciousness in a raging river of mental fatigue. Willing her head up, she locked eyes with the fiend. It was approaching, its off hand poised and ready to act, tentacles lashing out in hunger.

"You...! Will... Fall..." The angel's words were not her own. Her kneels buckled at the illithid's whim, and her body went limp. The poor thing was out before she hit the ground.
Someone sent me a note on DeviantART sayin' they missed me, so if there's somehow any fans out there I wanna let you know I'm writing all sorts of cracy shit at https://www.deviantart.com/theacds !!
Theacds
Transformation Master

Re: Mind Flayer Feeding Formalities (IQ-)

Postby Theacds » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:15 pm

Something was... wrong...

It... It did something to her...!

Breathing hard, the angel felt inconsistent pangs of shivers in her left arm. She tried to check it, but found her body wasn't responding. Her breathing intensified, a break of panic filling the heart. The room was dark. Her light was gone! Was she still here? The prison? Where did it go? The twitching spread to her right foot, spreading and aching up her leg bit by bit.

She wasn't dead. Was she? The promised land wasn't referenced often, but this couldn't be it. It couldn't!

That was the door clicking open.

Its legs slurched and skittered.

She couldn't move! But... She...

She had to be calm. It didn't kill her, for some reason. She still had her brain, and should make the most of it. Struggling would only make things worse.

"Why...?" Her lips and tongue felt thick and slow. "Why did'ju...?" Like a major blessing, warmth flowed into her. The jittering madness stopped and her body eased. She was relaxed.

It was close. It was right up in her in the face, but she couldn't see it. The reason she could tell was because it made an almost sniffing sound. That made her laugh. What did an angel smell like? Probably something nice. Then the Illithid made a funny sound, and started to massage her temples.

The tentacles flapped around, but only loosely brushed her nose and forehead. The Illithid's hands made most of the contact with relaxing circular motions on her temples and the back of her head and many other spots. But the low, throbbing hum was felt the most. It was as if the noise bounced from one ear to the other, and that made her feel... feel kinda...! dizzy...

Like... her brain was falling asleep. Could she shake her brain to wake it up...? No, that's not how brains worked! Silly girl... Heh! You know, now that she thought about it, she was kinda silly! I mean, she couldn't remember where she was? Or why it was so dark? Didn't she have some kinda magicky... umm... and...

Words are hard. What was she sayin'...? Hm... The funny noise-y thingy kept making her head go fuzzyer. But it was nice. Oooh, it was nice! It totally worked with the head massage! She should tip the guy doing it, he really knew how to get in deep! She hadn't felt this good in forever!! He was probably, like, suuuuper buff. She liked strong men.

Did she?

She liked doing what people told her. Oh, yeah...! She was so stoopid. Sometiems, she, um, felt like she... um... like her brain was small? ... Huh? That din't... sound so smart...

Aww, the noisy noise wenaway...! She liked the noise. It was nice. Butt at least her head still, uh, felt rilly goooood... And... Uhhhhh....? Words are hard. She should just let other people think. She should just giggle and stare into space like a good little girl. Silly Leticia! Sooo silly... Sooo fuzzy...

The angel fell back and stared vacantly towards the ceiling, a look of simple pleasure plastered firmly on her face. She occasionally giggled while settling into a comfortable slumber, wings folding like blankets over her form as control of her body returned. From the room's entrance, the Mind Flayer studied its captive with a cold, calculating eye.

After a stretch of time, it turned, closed the door, and walked off into the darkness.
Last edited by Theacds on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Someone sent me a note on DeviantART sayin' they missed me, so if there's somehow any fans out there I wanna let you know I'm writing all sorts of cracy shit at https://www.deviantart.com/theacds !!
Theacds
Transformation Master

Postby Theacds » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:17 pm

i request feedback on the colors i think theyre obnoxious and hard to read

Also, quick shoutout to SuccuBunny for being my primary inspiration and wonderful advice-giver-person. You are great.
Theacds
Transformation Master

Postby Ozhojabbe » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:03 pm

This is a good, sadistic premise. I really enjoyed the buzzing scalp massage segment.

The light pink is a little hard to read, but the darker pink looks fine to me. It might end up differing from post to post though, since the forum alternates shades of blue on each post and different pinks may work best with different blues.
Ozhojabbe

Postby Theacds » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:56 am

Leticia yawned, arms reaching high to the sky and her wings unfurling and curling out. Pushing off the covers, she walked and rubbed her sleepy eyes. Out the door and through the hallway, she passed a couple of regal purple banners and smiled. Purple was such a pretty color when paired with the oak wood and the carpet and the occasional window. Unfortunately, the portraits before the purple and gold coats of arms were a little bit destroyed, but she could always make new ones to fit in their place. The mildewed floorboard, however, would take a bit more work...

Once at the top of the great hall, Leticia took a second to fix her posture. Before her was an absolutely gorgeous staircase which she liked to stand and pose atop if she had the time. It looked a bit silly for her to be standing so proud, but when she unfurled her wings and cocked her head up it... almost worked. Or so she'd been told. All the mirrors were being in the process of being replaced, and getting a good look at herself like that would be more trouble than it was worth.

The moment passed. Taking care not to damage the house any further, Leticia flapped her wings and floated softly to the crimson rub below. It was easily the nicest piece in the house, but had clearly seen much better days. Nodding her head and clicking her tongue, her thoughts drifted. Paint colors and fabric and budgets floated by like feathers in the wind, and, before she knew it, she was already passing through the kitchen and into the dining room. Literally, due to the wall separating the two being nothing more than rubble.

"Good morning, Leticia." Albert flipped a page in his book, a cup of sugary coffee in hand.

"Morning." She said through a yawn. The cabinet was always well stocked with leftover bread and fresh produce, but, for an angel of Solux, the only meal was sunshine, and she shuffled over to the patio. But as she touched the doorknob, Leticia stopped short. "Albert?"

"Yes, Leticia?" Without looking up, he adjusted his uniform and poured himself another round of coffee with an unhealthy amount of cream.

She felt a pang in the base of her back where a mortal's spine would've started. "Who are you?"

"A fellow servant to the Master." He struggled to stand, and she instinctually helped him heft himself up. "Thank you." Albert smiled. "Shall I explain over your breakfast?"

"Like...?" She winced at the word, but shook it off and tried to act a little more dignified as they took their lit up seats. There, for miles and miles around, was the only source of natural light in the entirety of the dismal underworld forest. "Y-yes, please..."

"Right now," He put a hand on her back, and, surprisingly, her body soothed. "Your mind is processing two sources of knowledge."

Looking to the east, Leticia heard the nostalgiac sounds of the Greenrock River yet still knew the feeling was wrong. "For sure..."

"Leticia the Luminescent is still going to be inside of you," He tapped the spot where a heart would've been gently for emphasis. "But she's tired.

She was following, but it was all so diff... di... "Um... Yeah?"

"She'll wake up in ten years starting tomorrow." He paused and read her expression, finding only dull confusion. Reassured by her progress, Albert continued. "You'll still be Leticia, at least a little bit, but, mostly, you'll be..."

"Yeah?" Her voice was weird, but... in a good way? Thoughts were so difficult. "Ugh, am I gonna be dumb?"

"No, no, just..." He broke off. "Well, you'll be a little bit slower, but..." The butler rubbed his bearded double chin and narrowed those red orc eyes of his. "Firstly, what you're going to be feeling will not be scary."

"Okay." She smiled nice and big and relaxed a little further. Basking every feather in the midday sunlight, her eyes closed in euphoria. "I gotcha!"

"By copying 'Leticia' and blending it with the personality of a skilled, pretty maiden from his favorite serial novels, you were born." She nodded along to the words, but had to stop and mumble the longer ones to herself. "Understand?"

"Um..." She didn't mean to say that out loud, but it was hard not when her mind was running a mile a minute. "Is this gonna be impertinent?"

"It will if you space out on me." Albert teased with a chuckle. But when he realized she wasn't laughing along, he stopped and cleared his throat. "Apologies." Recovering his demeanor, he continued. "I'll give you the key points and you can ask me questions where you have them."

"Thanks, Al." She giggled.

"Put simply," Albert paused, testing a couple phrases internally for complexity and syllable count. "You're not going to be Leticia for a little while."

"Uh-huh."

"Your mind is full of information from us all, so once you settle in you'll be an expert on everything in this forest and the city of Wormwood."

"Uh-huh?"

"You're going to need a new name until then, so start thinking about that."

"Uh-huh!"

"You're allowed visits and vacations and many other nice benefits such as food and room, but, naturally, won't be receiving pay."

"Uh-huh."

"And, lastly, you'll be serving the Master, but, really, you'll be redecorating the mansion and helping us out with chores."

"Oooh! That sounds, like, really fun."

"Quite." She helped Albert up and the two started back to the dining room/kitchen. "But you'll have to work and council with the other servants and The Master before doing anything major."

She gasped, placing one dainty hand over her mouth and waving the other frantically up down left and right. "Felicia!" She cried, a wave of satisfaction spreading over her. "Felicia Felicia Felicia!" Balling her fists and bouncing a little bit in place, she squealed. "Cause, um, it rhymes! And its the prettiest name ever!" Albert smiled at the angel's infectious bubblyness. "And it means happiness just like Leticia did!"

"Technically, it still does." Albert grabbed his coffee and book before sitting.

"It does!" Felicia concurred. And with a final cry of joy, she rushed into the dark, dull, and dingy mansion.

"Is that the interior decorator we were hiring?" A shorter teenage boy walked in, looking over his shoulder.

"Yes, Blake, it is." Albert went to pour himself another cup but found the kettle to be empty.

"Huh." He shrugged and grabbed a bowl and some oatmeal. "But why is she naked?"

Albert snorted. "I'm not entirely sure if angels even wear clothing outside of battle armor."

"Wait--" He dropped his spoon with a clatter." That's an angel?"
Theacds
Transformation Master

Postby Theacds » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:03 am

this chapter killed me. this chapter KILLED ME for SIX DAYS. first it was a bad end involving demons and mind break but i cant write dark for shit. then it was a IQ- to bumbling idiocy but after four days i left it as a draft due to various factors including low quality final result. then two hours ago i log on and decide to write this up just raw. now im hoping to work around this setting and the mindflayer concept some more, but only once i got something worth writing about.

if anyone has any good ideas write em down and ill think about it.
Theacds
Transformation Master

Return to Stories