Fitting In [tg, wg]

Stories, stories, stories, stories, stories, stories, STORIES!
Forum rules
* Have the story title and the author's name in the subject line.
* Story tags are always appreciated.
* If an author has a forum, make sure to post there.
* Have line breaks between paragraphs.
* If you're posting someone else's stories, give them credit.
* Don't Like, Don't Read

Re: Fitting In [tg, wg]

Postby Leviathan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:56 pm

I agree with most of what pinkhippo said in regards to the nature of the ring, and also somewhat towards the next changes.

I interpreted the ring as being slightly more sinister, however. In addition to changing the MC's body to fit into his environment and to become what people around him want him to be, I think that it also influences the people around him in subtle ways. When he is not wearing it, it makes everything in his life go poorly, thereby forcing him to wear the ring just simply to avoid getting fired or being expelled from school. I think at this point, if he were to go a day without wearing it, it would be something like, "The worst day ever." Which makes me wonder if that might make a good chapter, at some point.

In regards to the changes and the current story, I would prefer seeing the ring take the changes in a new direction, rather than continue down the old Torrid path towards short and fat. I think something like a waifish goth with dark makeup and black hair, lots of piercings, perhaps even a tattoo.

From that perspective, my opinion is that this new job location is a new story or at least "book 2". The first story is imo finished at this point, and you should put those characters and changes to rest rather than going back to them. There are things I would have liked to have seen differently or just more of with the Torrid arc, but I think it's better to just move on and tell a new arc.

In regards to the girl friend, Emily, I feel she doesn't really fit the narrative. I spoke with Oldar in PMs several months ago and he said basically she was an idea for a separate story that he never got to write. He just jammed her into this one in order to play around with her. Personally I think her changes clash with the direction of the MC, and there's not really room in the story to do her properly...

However, I do think the MC needs a consistent friend, confidant, or perhaps even love interest. I actually feel this was a weakness in the original story. Some scenes were needed outside the context of the workplace. College (ie not flunking out) was one subplot that should continue, but we needed one more subplot with a love interest I think, in order to have some variety. The work environment and thus the main changes could change from book to book, but the other aspects of his life should continue to remain as subplots going forward.

As for a "proper ending" or the character getting stuck in a certain body, I don't think that matters, and I wouldn't go in that direction. The simple fact that his life would basically go to hell in a hand basket if he threw the ring away is already a form of stuckage. And that form of psychological prison is imo more interesting and effective than a physical prison.

Plus, I really like the idea of there being a book 3, 4, etc where the character moves to a new job each time, and undergoes a new set of changes each time. I suppose I would angle more for a story that could go on indefinitely, getting a relatively clean slate with each shift in location.
Leviathan
Transformation Master

Postby Lamebrain » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:11 pm

There is a sinister element about the ring I'll touch on at some point.

In terms of the direction the story is headed, I'll touch on the nature of Taylor's transformations at some point. I'm a little less interested in continuing the story "indefinitely" or removing the existing characters. I'd rather have a more decisive end especially for the people who have waited since the story's start for one rather than eventually rehash elements. Plus I feel like the joke of Taylor having to try on outfits would get dull after a while.

In the context of Emily, regardless I feel like it's a big loose end in the story that needs some kind of conclusion, which I have planned at some point. I also liked the character being in the story so I felt like reusing her. I like the cast of characters I have so far and I'm excited to use them in a few fun ways in some of the scenes I have planned. Don't worry the story is still continuing the themes of isolation and the push and pull of the Ring's influence on the main character's psyche.

I appreciate all of the suggestions though. I hope I don't come across as dismissive.
Lamebrain

Postby pinkhippo99 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:11 am

I do like the idea of pushing further into the personality change elements. Always a fan of those. In terms of what Leviathan said, having Taylor turn into a piercing covered goth is not necessarily mutually exclusive towards turning into the BBW he was becoming at Torrid. It might be fun to add a new wrinkle to the change.
pinkhippo99
Transformation Grand Master

Postby BigNerd42Q » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:49 pm

please tell me this great story is not dead
BigNerd42Q

Postby Lamebrain » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:18 pm

Sorry I've been having trouble figuring out how to really end the story since everyone seemingly wants it to go in a different direction. I've been really conflicted.
Lamebrain

Postby BigNerd42Q » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:26 pm

Lamebrain you don't need to apologize it's not your fault even the best writer can get conflicted and unfortunately you won't be able to satisfy everybody but ultimately it's up to you how to proceed
BigNerd42Q

Postby Vended » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:20 pm

It start so nice, slow and detailled. I'm kinda bummed it switch into weight gain.
Vended
Transformation Grand Master

Postby manstein » Wed May 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Any news about the story continuation ? Thanks.
manstein

Postby BigNerd42Q » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:19 am

so news about the story continuation?
BigNerd42Q

Previous

Return to Stories